Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Reyna is dying
Lupi

I\\\'ll do- anything for a- treat!

Barked: Tue Apr 15, '14 10:52am PST 
Every extra day is a gift.hughughughughughug|
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Apr 22 4:09 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > I Need Pictures!
Lupi

Barked: Tue Apr 15, '14 10:49am PST 
I will send you some!
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , May 4 7:10 pm

Behavior & Training > Guarding my bedroom and bed...Help!

Lupi

Barked: Wed Apr 9, '14 3:38pm PST 
I would simply ban him from your bedroom. Is this the only place he goes into territorial mode? You can also practice rewarding Cookie for calm behaviour as people enter the room.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Apr 12 7:50 am

Raw Food Diet > Raw and food aggression

Lupi

Barked: Tue Apr 8, '14 11:52am PST 
I agree with Marley. Many animals will guard what is very valuable to them. Sometimes that's kibble, sometimes a bone and some dogs will even guard poop or vomit. Raw food is more likely to be much more valuable to an animal.

My dog was raised on kibble and did not become aggressive when we switched her to raw. She is six years old and allows our 4 month old puppy to share from her meal.

As far as general aggression being attributed to a raw diet, that makes no sense to me. My raw-fed dogs lay on their backs for nail trims and have never growled at me over treats or food.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 8 11:52 am

Puppy Place > New Puppy!!

Lupi

Barked: Tue Apr 8, '14 8:53am PST 
He is precious. I find having a puppy makes me want even more puppies! It's a terrible addiction.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , May 30 6:34 pm

Behavior & Training > My "poor" dogs...lol.
Lupi

Barked: Sun Apr 6, '14 9:27am PST 
I think both structured and unstructured walks have value. For me and my (slightly) reactive dog, it was very important to be structured in the beginning. For a good year her walks were basically a series of obedience exercises and lots of treat rewards for calm behaviour when people/cyclists/etc. passed us.
Now, I am a lot more relaxed and in fact the majority of our walks are off-leash, but that's because I now have a dog who understands how to behave in her environment.
I agree that the walk is for the dog, not me, so I want it to be fun for her. But she had to earn her freedom. It is a huge pet-peeve of mine that people think because they're in an off-leash area their dog can simply do anything it wants, including jumping on people and harassing other dogs.
For her own safety, I expect Lupi to be close enough to respond to my verbal commands or for me to be able to protect her from larger, ill-mannered dogs that think bullying smaller ones is fun.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Apr 8 6:22 am

Behavior & Training > What do you make of this behavior?

Lupi

Barked: Thu Mar 20, '14 11:56am PST 
With an anxious or excitable dog, sometimes it's the door opening that becomes the trigger for the barking. You can overcome this by having someone repeatedly open and close the door while you calmly praise and treat your dog. Practice it numerous times a day and the excitement will dissipate, since the door opening no longer necessarily means someone is there. You can also distract your dog with a favorite squeaky toy or bone when you see someone coming or when they get up to leave.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Mar 22 5:44 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Reyna is dying

Lupi

Barked: Mon Mar 17, '14 9:57am PST 
That is just terrible news. She's so young. You and Bam-Bam are in my thoughts, and my heart is aching for you.
[notify]
» There has since been 36 posts. Last posting by , Apr 22 4:09 pm

Puppy Place > New Puppy!!

Lupi

Barked: Mon Mar 17, '14 9:54am PST 
Yay! That's so exciting! He is a beautiful little guy.
[notify]
» There has since been 35 posts. Last posting by , May 30 6:34 pm

Puppy Place > What is with the wires?
Lupi

Barked: Sun Mar 16, '14 9:38pm PST 
My puppy is the same. She loves phone chargers, even when she has lots of toys right beside her. I just put everything up high where she can't reach, but she's small so it's not that hard. I don't know what else to suggest for you, but I feel your pain!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Mar 16 9:38 pm

(Page 1 of 94: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.