Postings by Jasmine

GO!

(Page 1 of 322: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Senior Dogs > Please check senior dog ears more often
Jasmine

Such a Happy- Girl

Barked: Wed Aug 17, '11 2:18pm PST 
I wanted to pass along a tip, especially to new owners whose first dog is now aging... a lot of old dogs seem to build up gunk in their ears much easier than young dogs ever do. I can only guess at all the reasons why. Just check those ears often to make sure they aren't in need of cleaning. If you're not comfortable cleaning out your dog's ears yourself, you may want to ask your vet to show you how to do home maintenance cleaning. But, for reeeeeaaallly deep cleaning or some seriously persistant "icky" stuff, I'd say let the vet clean it out and give you an opinion.

And, as always, if the ear is red & inflammed and smells gross and your dog is really bothered by it, it's probably infected and needs to go to the vet!

Especially as your dog starts to slow down and spends less time all over YOU and more time snoozing in their bed, make a point to check ears habitually. smile Your dog will appreciate squeaky-clean ears.
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Amazing Grace, Aug 22 2:16 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > blocking group invites?
Jasmine

Such a Happy- Girl

Barked: Fri Aug 12, '11 5:31am PST 
I think you can only block someone from paw-mailing you.

Well, another round-about solution is to join the group, and then select "I'll read messages on my group page" and then you shouldn't ever get the invites again (or any other messages from the group).
» There has since been 38 posts. Last posting by Scruffy (RIP), Sep 10 4:57 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > blocking group invites?

Jasmine

Such a Happy- Girl

Barked: Thu Aug 11, '11 3:54pm PST 
Hmm, I don't think there is a way to do this, unfortunately. You may have to block ALL Dogster e-mails in your account settings in order to block group invites, which is inconvenient.

It's a great (and needed) feature idea, however, so definitely contact Dogster about it: click here for the contact form.
» There has since been 42 posts. Last posting by Scruffy (RIP), Sep 10 4:57 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > It\'s baaaaaack! The ADOPT 2011 CONTEST and STROLL!!! Enter through May 15!!

Jasmine

Such a Happy- Girl

Barked: Tue Apr 19, '11 4:59am PST 
Eppy, not all the dogs are adoptable in the stroll, most already have happy endings! You should definitely keep an eye on the contest, it will boost you up not drag you down. big grin
» There has since been 69 posts. Last posting by , Jun 1 6:41 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > It\'s baaaaaack! The ADOPT 2011 CONTEST and STROLL!!! Enter through May 15!!

Jasmine

Such a Happy- Girl

Barked: Mon Apr 18, '11 12:30pm PST 
Howard, try going to "Manage Photos" and then you should see a box for picture tags. I thought I saw one of your pictures in the stroll yesterday, so it looks like it will work!
» There has since been 77 posts. Last posting by , Jun 1 6:41 am

Jasmine

Such a Happy- Girl

Barked: Sun Apr 17, '11 5:42pm PST 
Yay! It's back, it's back! Can't wait to see all the entries - it really IS an inspiring collection!!
» There has since been 84 posts. Last posting by , Jun 1 6:41 am

Dog Health > Two Questions!

Jasmine

Such a Happy- Girl

Barked: Sat Apr 16, '11 12:41pm PST 
You might want to call your vet to double check, but my 24 lb dog was just recommended a dose of 250 mg once a day of glucosamine/chondroitin by the vet. So, it seems like a rule of thumb might be 10 mg per pound of body weight. Because g/c is available over the counter, I'm assuming that there will be general dosage directions on the box as well. I haven't had a chance to look at any yet myself. smile

As for her ears, my "miracle worker" for growing back healthy fur is cocoa butter. Slather some on those ears on a regular basis and see if it can get the fur to grow back in. It'll make her skin healthier too, and can help heal scarring. Cocoa butter has amazed me every time I've used it on dogs, I hope it gives you the same results!
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Sarah, CW-SR, CW-G1, CGC, Apr 16 7:14 pm

Dog Health > Systemic Yeast Infections

Jasmine

Such a Happy- Girl

Barked: Thu Apr 14, '11 8:44am PST 
I am looking for information on systemic yeast infections in dogs.

Have any Dogsters suffered chronically from one? (I need a support group!)

What kind of dietary changes or supplements were helpful to your treatment? (I've heard probiotics and a potato-free diet?)

Any bathing/anti-itch sprays that you can recommend? (For fast relief during flare-ups)

For older doggies, did you have thyroid issues at the same time? (Did medication help significantly?)
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Jasmine, Apr 14 8:44 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > FOUND: Siberian Husky

Jasmine

Such a Happy- Girl

Barked: Tue Feb 15, '11 10:36am PST 
You can also post an intersection alert (click here!) at the major intersections near where he was found.

I'm glad he is in a safe place in the meantime!

And, like Murphy said, contact all the local vets with his flyer. Chances are that some vet in your city knows this dog. The owner may not have told their vet that the dog is missing, so it's better not to say "Has anyone reported a husky missing?" but to ask them if they recognize the dog on the flyer.
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Annie, Feb 21 11:10 am

Dogs and a Clean Home > Great natural trick to make a fresh smelling home!
Jasmine

Such a Happy- Girl

Barked: Thu Jan 27, '11 5:01am PST 
These are awesome tips! And thanks Chloe for the reminder about essential oil safety. smile
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Peanut, Apr 2 9:57 pm

(Page 1 of 322: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.