GO!

(Page 1 of 41: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Favorite dog books?
Sabre

All the snow- belongs to me...

Barked: Mon Aug 23, '10 8:22pm PST 
I agree with Dog Man and Hachiko Waits...I mostly read history books so not many dog books to choose from here! bol
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Aug 25 7:26 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Distance Runners
Sabre

Barked: Mon Aug 23, '10 8:28am PST 
I run with my Akita but it has to be fairly cool or he just doesn't want to keep going at a jogging pace for long enough to do me any good.
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by , Aug 30 12:08 pm

Puppy Place > spouse not a dog lover - how to deal?

Sabre

Barked: Fri Aug 20, '10 11:51am PST 
I'm opposite of most of you. I did not like dogs at all before Sabre. My husband was the dog person. I agreed to getting him though and as my husband said, he knew I'd love him as soon as he came home with us. Ironically, I fell head over heals for Sabre from day 1 and he is all mine!! I do all the work and he is my bud. I guess I'm the dog person now.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Aug 30 8:27 am

Local Tips, Playdates & Meetups > A Reminder To EVERYONE Here!

Sabre

Barked: Mon Aug 16, '10 4:38pm PST 
people bump a thread to push it to the top, if they haven't gotten a response or they want to bring it back to the forefront again so that people will respond
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Oct 7 7:12 pm

Dogs & Travel > Dog friendly hotels in and around Gate City Virginia

Sabre

Barked: Mon Aug 16, '10 4:35am PST 
I usually do a search on travelocity for hotels and it's usually listed if they are pet friendly.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 16 4:35 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Home or Foster Needed ASAP. Greater D.C. Area
Sabre

Barked: Mon Aug 16, '10 4:33am PST 
awww... my friends are people with dogs already. Wish I could help.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Aug 28 10:40 am

Choosing the Right Dog > What are your Top 10 FAVORITE dog breeds?

Sabre

Barked: Sun Aug 15, '10 7:10am PST 
I'm sorry but I only have a list of 1...Akita, my first dog. I think because I didn't really like dogs before getting Sabre, I don't have the experience to even know about any other breeds.
[notify]
» There has since been 57 posts. Last posting by , Apr 14 8:00 am

Behavior & Training > Anyone else worry about their signifcant other caring for the dogs while they are away?

Sabre

Barked: Sun Aug 15, '10 6:53am PST 
Bunny, I do understand your feelings. I have been the one to do all of the real work with Sabre since we got him. I have bonded with him the most and I am in tune to his body language, which is important with a dog that has Sabre's issues. My husband is not as on top of things and I don't think he sees the subtle signs of Sabre feeling even slightly uncomfortable in a given situation. If a stranger had to come into our house with my husband home and not me, I would be concerned because I don't think my husband is as on top of things when it comes to Sabre's nervousness/fears. His idea of a walk leaves much to be desired and his excuse for not taking Sabre out is, "well he was just laying there so I didn't think he needed to."

Despite this, Sabre is better off at home safe and sound if I have to be away!! It's not perfect and it's not the way I would do things, but in the end I have to trust that he'll be ok!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 15 6:53 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > Confusing situation for my family and my dog

Sabre

Barked: Sat Aug 14, '10 3:51pm PST 
This is so upsetting and I'm sorry this has happened to you. I have to reiterate as others have, not all dogs are have to be happy go lucky let strangers into your house types like Animal Control thinks for some reason in order to be normal. If this were true, my Akita boy would be labeled far from normal!! There are exactly 4 people that could come into my house without immediate family home...my parents and the friends whose dogs Sabre has played with for years. That is a bunch of bull!! It's so annoying for me sitting here on the other side of the country to think this so called "friend" can let a stranger in and now your life is totally thrown for a loop, so I can't even imagine how hard this is for you. I wish you the best of luck and am glad Nox is home safe and sound where he should be.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 14 3:51 pm

Behavior & Training > Training class manners.
Sabre

Barked: Tue Aug 10, '10 7:50pm PST 
I'm a nincompoop...BOL!!!wink
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Aug 10 9:33 pm

(Page 1 of 41: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.