Here's wishing you the very best in whatever happens, Sugar! way to go

Kudos to you for helping Sugar out in her time of need. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Apr 1 6:53 pm

Dog Health > How far away is your vet?
Apollo

God of Light

Barked: Tue Mar 31, '09 12:26pm PST 
My vet is half an hour away. They're in the next city over, but it's definitely worth the drive for such an amazing vet.

I'm originally from Texas and Dallas was 3 hours from where I lived, but people would drive to my town to see the doctors at the local animal hospital there.

If you find a good one, I would say it's worth the trip.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Apr 2 10:35 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Dogs (Not Chimps) Most Like Humans

Apollo

God of Light

Barked: Mon Mar 30, '09 3:57pm PST 
Article can be found here.

Cooperation, attachment to people, understanding human verbal and non-verbal communications, and the ability to imitate are just a handful of the social behaviors we share with dogs. They might even think like us at times too, according to the paper, which has been accepted for publication in the journal Advances in the Study of Behavior.

While there is no evidence to support that dogs and humans co-evolved their laundry list of shared behaviors over the past 10,000 to 20,000 years, the researchers believe adapting to the same living conditions during this period may have resulted in the similarities.

Thought this was kind of interesting. The video is short and cute, so remember to check it out. wink
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Mar 31 4:46 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > My Advice In Petfinder Newsletter

Apollo

God of Light

Barked: Mon Mar 30, '09 1:58pm PST 
I thought this was cool! My e-mail answer to a Petfinder inquiry was featured in this month's newsletter! snoopy

Here's a unique tip from Kelli Rau:

"We have set up a savings account just for our dog so we always know we have something set aside for him in case of an emergency."
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Mar 30 1:58 pm

Dog Health > Progressive Pain

Apollo

God of Light

Barked: Mon Dec 8, '08 12:31pm PST 
Mason - That's what we are thinking, too.

I was doing research online and it says his medication may help, but he'll be on bed rest for the next 4 weeks. He ate earlier today, so I'm feeling better about that ... but now he won't poop. Even if I hold him up, he can't seem to go.

If his medications do not do the trick, he will have to go in for a dye x-ray. If that shows the disc, he'll need surgery. We're hoping it doesn't come to that.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Dec 8 12:31 pm

Apollo

God of Light

Barked: Mon Dec 8, '08 11:08am PST 
No bloodwork, but I took him back into the e-vet last night and they think he is suffering from a slipped disc which is pinching his spinal nerve.

We have to go back in a couple of days to get x-rays done on his upper spinal column to see if we can find the culprit. For now he is on a new drug regimen of steroids and painkillers in hopes it will help him feel better.

He's still in massive amounts of pain, but he is eating again.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Dec 8 12:31 pm

Apollo

God of Light

Barked: Sun Dec 7, '08 8:02pm PST 
Apollo is experiencing progressive pain on the right side of his body. It started as a dull pain in his right hind leg, that got worse and now the pain is all the way up the side and also in his right front leg.

They did x-rays on the back leg and found nothing, assumed it was a sprain. They put Apollo on Metacam which helped a little the first night, but is no longer assisting him with pain. He has not eaten anything in over 24 hours.

Are there any thoughts on what this could be? He will be going back to the vet, but I need suggestions here. This is really eating at us and we can't even begin to think what this could be.

Apollo is only 11 weeks old.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Dec 8 12:31 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > need help with type of collar.

Apollo

God of Light

Barked: Fri Nov 21, '08 7:38am PST 
Try a rolled collar.

These are specifically designed to not be irritable to fur or skin and I have seen many dogs have great success with them.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2811500

There are many like that and they can be found at pretty much any chain store you can find. Good luck. blue dog
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Nov 23 4:47 pm

Dogs & Travel > Article about airline's careless behavior with a dog

Apollo

God of Light

Barked: Fri Nov 21, '08 7:32am PST 
This is precisely why I'll have my own airline-approved kennel for my pup and he will be flying in-cabin with me anytime we board an airline. I'll give up my one bag to make sure he is with me and he is safe and secure at all times.

I get the whole zip ties thing, but most people don't fly often and so they don't even think about that. Plus, they're not expecting stupid workers to let their dogs out of their kennels when it's against company policy.

He was probably scared and ran off looking for his owner. That is terribly sad that this happened when it could have easily been prevented.

I also hope that stupid person who let him out gets fired. The rules are there for a reason!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Nov 28 12:24 am

Food & Nutrition > Tell me the contraversy on small dogs and higher protein foods please.
Apollo

God of Light

Barked: Fri Nov 21, '08 7:03am PST 
Always glad to help. wink
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by , Nov 23 9:49 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.