Postings by Hunter

GO!

(Page 1 of 24: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > Allergies/hotspots remedies, please help
Hunter

Can I please- give you a hug- and a kiss?

Barked: Fri Jul 26, '13 2:35pm PST 
Are the spots oozy at all? If not, and they are dry, they may not be hot spots. Hot Spots are generally oozy and moist. My basset gets them quite often and my vet always shaves the area and prescribes betagen spray which dries the spots up pretty quickly. If your dogs skin is dry a good medicated shampoo could help.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Hazel Louise, Jul 28 6:56 pm

Grooming > SHEDDING!
Hunter

Barked: Fri Aug 10, '12 9:13pm PST 
Oh Ok! I saw one of those at PetSmart the other day and will pick one up and try it out. I brushed him a couple of times yesterday and today and it seems to have helped a little bit. I'll just be glad when shedding season is overrelieved With 4 Basset Hounds, unless I vacuum everyday, the hard floors look like carpetlaugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Aug 11 11:32 pm

Grooming > SHEDDING!

Hunter

Barked: Fri Aug 10, '12 1:13pm PST 
I don't think it's food, he's on a rotation of Taste of the Wild and Wellness Core. I'll get him to a groomer next week and see what they can do. I think I know what type brush you guys are talking about...

This is what I'm using http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3706202&lmdn=Pro duct+Type

Is this what you guys are talking about?

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=370617 7&lmdn=Product+Type
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Aug 11 11:32 pm

Grooming > SHEDDING!

Hunter

Barked: Thu Aug 9, '12 5:51pm PST 
He has always been a bad shedder so I don't think it's a health issue, though I will definitely keep an eye on him. He goes to the vet for his yearly check up next week so I will mention the shedding. I gave him a bath last week, but I may try giving him another one tomorrow. One thing that I think helped, he spends a lot of time on our enclosed patio and a lot of hair had accumulated out their since the last time I swept it really well. This afternoon I gave the room a really good cleaning and got rid of all of the loose hair. This seemed to help him a little as he isn't picking up loose hair when he lays on the floorlaugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Aug 11 11:32 pm

Grooming > SHEDDING!

Hunter

Barked: Thu Aug 9, '12 12:56pm PST 
Hunter is shedding so badly that it is driving him and me crazy. The other hounds are shedding as well, however, it is manageable. I brushed him with a hound glove for a good thirty minutes this morning and got off a crazy amount of hair but it didn't even put a dent in the shedding. He has long hair for a Basset and he his hair is super thick and coarse. I'm considering taking him to a groomer and letting them deal with it, but I won't be able to get him their until next weekend. What can I do besides brushing him like crazy? And do you recommend a type of brush that would be more effective than the glove? The hound glove I have gets a lot of hair off, but it is messy and does grasp onto the hair very well.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Aug 11 11:32 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Basset Hounds
Hunter

Barked: Wed Aug 8, '12 8:12am PST 
party I'm so happy that she got adopted! party Bassets are my heart breed.wishes
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Hunter, Aug 8 8:12 am

Behavior & Training > The 10 dumbest breeds?

Hunter

Barked: Sun Aug 5, '12 4:35pm PST 
Apparently Basset Hounds are "dumb" as well. Stubborn? Maybe. Dumb? Not at all. This article really ticked me off. It even stated that Bassets are not able to adjust to new situations! WHAT?!!! I took Hunter to a firework display for the 4th and he laid in my lap and slept through the whole thing!

Dogster should think twice before publishing articles that offend its users. naughty
[notify]
» There has since been 41 posts. Last posting by River, Aug 19 6:56 pm

Dog Health > Wetting the crate every night... something is wrong

Hunter

Barked: Mon May 21, '12 9:11am PST 
Just got back from the vet! She said that the urinalysis showed a mild UTI. She gave him Amoxicillin/Clavamox and an anti-inflammatory to reduce an swelling and help with pain. HE'll go back next we to make sure it's gone. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , May 25 9:38 pm

Hunter

Barked: Mon May 21, '12 6:21am PST 
I managed to get a little bit of a sample. smile He doesn't really lift his leg, so that made it a little easier, but boy is he low to the groundlaugh out loud he just looked at me like "what the heck, mom?"

He didn't wet the crate last night... but I did take him out at about 3 am so that probably had something to do with it.

We've got an appointment for 10:00 this morning, so I'll let you guys know what I find out.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , May 25 9:38 pm

Hunter

Barked: Sun May 20, '12 3:21pm PST 
Sheeba, I was planning on getting a sample in the morning. I figure they will probably want to do a urinalysis and I'd rather get it before going that have to wait on getting it at the vet. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , May 25 9:38 pm

(Page 1 of 24: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.