GO!

(Page 1 of 69: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > Wet Nose dog treats
Stella Agnes- CGC/TDI

CGC, Therapy- Dog. My velcro- girl!

Barked: Fri Oct 5, '12 7:01am PST 
We love them here, too! I use them alot because Stella has to have a treat before bedtime for her digestion issues and I like the size and ingredients of them.
[notify]
» There has since been -1 posts. Last posting by , Oct 5 7:01 am

Food & Nutrition > Is it okay to use two different brands of food at one time?
Stella Agnes- CGC/TDI

Barked: Mon May 28, '12 6:01am PST 
Hi! I do the same. I tend to use one or two kibble flavors as the base and add different brands of canned food for toppers. Right now I'm using Pinnacle kibble and Simply Nourish, Pinnacle, Weruva, Mulligan Stew as toppers.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , May 31 8:04 pm

Food & Nutrition > Diamond Naturals recall!!!

Stella Agnes- CGC/TDI

Barked: Wed Apr 18, '12 9:12am PST 
Taste of the Wild was not affected by the recall, just the halt of the plant production due to cleaning the plant. Please everyone......read all info. This is getting nuts. The only food recalled, at this time, was certain formulas/lots of Diamond Naturals Lamb & Rice.....NOT Taste of the Wild.
Sorry for being so rude, but I'm just getting frustrated with all the comments...if you choose to discontinue using a Diamond made product, then just do it.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Apr 27 9:28 pm

Food & Nutrition > Food suggestions for sensitive stomach - GSD, senior

Stella Agnes- CGC/TDI

Barked: Tue Mar 20, '12 3:03pm PST 
I have to agree that I think a limited ingredient diet might be something to try. I like Blue Buffalo, but have never used their Basics. I have 3 senior dogs and 1 adult. Two of my seniors recently started having some stomach issues....off and on rumbly stomachs, loose stool and not wanting to eat. They were on a very good food, but it wasn't limited ingredient. I finally put all the dogs on Natural Balance Pot. & Duck dry and cans and also the biscuits for treats. I do add probiotics and sometimes enzymes, coconut oil and a vitamin. So far, it's been working well. I will keep them on this food and try to rotate with some of the other flavors. I plan on keeping up with the probiotics and coconut oil, and I'm going to add some supplements from a company called Springtime, Inc. called Fresh Factors (whole food vitamin) and Joint Health Advanced instead of the vitamin I'm currently using. I used to use Springtime, Inc. supplements with great success, but just kinda stopped lately, but I plan on using them again. They all seem to work really well with senior dogs (really all dogs).
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Mar 27 11:46 am

Food & Nutrition > What is your criteria for your dogs food?

Stella Agnes- CGC/TDI

Barked: Fri Mar 16, '12 9:00am PST 
When I am considering a dog food, I look at the ingredients first. If I like them (no corn, wheat, soy, artificial preservatives or colors, no ethoxyquin, no GMOs, etc.) then I look at the company's history and reviews. Are people satisfied with the food that feed it, for the most part. Also, where is the food made (must be in the USA) and where do they source their ingredients (must be USA, unless I'm satisfied that the ingredient is okay from elsewhere, like lamb from New Zealand for ex.). Then I decide if I can get it readily. Price, for me (at least for now) thank goodness is not an issue. I also check to see what the Whole Dog Journal thinks of it, and I will look at Susan Thixton's site "The Truth About Pet Food" and check that out, too. Now, getting to what I feed and why I went with it. I was feeding Fromm 4-Star (grain free and inclusive), but something in it was bothering Stella and Laverne. They were having occasional loose stool, rumbly stomachs, and not wanting to eat off and on. At first I thought it was the higher fat in the grain free, so I put them on the grain inclusive Fromm. Still happening. I thought maybe it was the cheese that's included in every formula, so then I did some more researching and started feeding Mulligan's Stew. Great food, but not easily gotten by me (have to mail order). The dogs loved it, but because it's a baked food the kibble size is pretty big. This presented a problem for Stella, who is missing quite a few teeth. Also, the food has brown rice and oatmeal and after feeding about a month the symptoms returned. So.....onto something else, but what. I wanted a limited ingredient kibble that is grain free with lower to moderate protein and fat. I felt that Nature's Variety still had some "weird" ingredients in it (like green tea) and a little too much fat, so decided to forego it for now. California Natural looked good, but I've gotta say the P&G thing bothers me a little. I will feed it if absolutely necessary for their health though, but not right now. Wellness Simple Solutions still has rice in it, so no go for now. That actually left Natural Balance. Well....I was a little nervous about it, too, because Diamond does make some of their food. They also have some complaints on Consumer Affairs. But, everyone I know personally that feeds it, loves it and their dogs do very well on it. One of my friends has fed it for years to her Bulldog and loves it for him. So, I decided to go ahead and try the Pot. & Duck small bites, along with the canned food and treats. I also add a probiotic and Stella does get a senior vitamin. It's been over 2 weeks now and so far no symptoms! Stella and Laverne love the food, too, and are eating every meal just fine. They love the treats, too. So, even though there are some things that seem "iffy" about it, I'm gonna keep feeding it for now. Sometimes you just have to feed the food that works for your dog! Sorry for rambling on lol.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Mar 16 9:00 am

Food & Nutrition > Do you really need to put your dog on Senior Food when they get older?
Stella Agnes- CGC/TDI

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '12 4:02pm PST 
I tend to agree with "no senior food needed" unless there is some kind of issue. I have an 11 year old Cavalier, Stella, who lately has been having rumbly stomach and not wanting to eat. I really didn't put her on a senior food, just a lower fat, lower protein, hypo-allergenic food. I top her food with regular canned food, though. It seems to have helped, along with some supplements added.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Mar 7 12:46 pm

Dog Health > Little pimple sized pink lump on my Chihuahua's head! Your opinion

Stella Agnes- CGC/TDI

Barked: Mon Feb 27, '12 7:52pm PST 
I'm not a vet. However, it could be a sebaceous cyst, which is from clogged hair follicles. Sorta like a big "zit". They are usually harmless, but sometimes they can get big enough where they "burst". If that happens, they may even have to be surgically removed. I'm not qualified to say if this is what your dog has. It could also be a "fatty" cyst or some kind of tumor. Only your vet can determine what it is. I would advise running this by your vet if you're worried about it.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 28 5:51 am

Dog Health > Vet suggested something but I'm having second thoughts, what do you think?

Stella Agnes- CGC/TDI

Barked: Sun Jan 22, '12 12:31pm PST 
I don't know much about "fly catching", but have heard of it. I do believe, like others have said, that it is seizure oriented. Check out this site, www.dogtorj.com. He talks lots about epilepsy and recommends food for it. Castor & Pollux is a better food than Authority, but perhaps a grain free food might be better. Please check out the site. Thanks.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jan 23 9:39 am

Dog Health > Vaccinating the immune compromised?

Stella Agnes- CGC/TDI

Barked: Sun Nov 27, '11 9:32am PST 
My oldest Cavalier, Stella, has a grade 4 heart murmur and an enlarged heart. My holistic vet said we should not vaccinate her anymore. She was due for her rabies this month. I switched to this holistic vet in August from my traditional vet. I do know that my traditional vet would've vaccinated without any questions at all. And Stella has had reactions in the past, too, where they've had to give her a cortisone shot! I love this new vet. She said no way would she vaccinate Stella, and I agree.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Nov 27 9:32 am

Dog Health > Puppy has a hernia...
Stella Agnes- CGC/TDI

Barked: Sat Nov 19, '11 4:01pm PST 
Stella is 10.5 years old and has an umbilical hernia. Of course it is closed. I adopted her at 5 years old and had to have her spayed (per the breeder's request). The breeder knew about the hernia and told me to just have my vet remove it when they spayed her. I told the vet to do this and when I went to pick Stella up I saw that they left the hernia!!! Their reasoning was "it was closed and not bothering her"! Needless to say we changed vets. We have never had it removed because it hasn't really been an issue and we don't want to put her in an unneeded surgery. She's been fine all this time.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Nov 20 9:12 am

(Page 1 of 69: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.