Postings by Cookie

GO!

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

Behavior & Training > Advice about fighting females?
Cookie

The- canine- vacuum.

Barked: Wed Sep 22, '10 6:10pm PST 
Thank you very much, Vance. I haven't heard of a behaviorist around where I live only trainers, how could I find one? Lailah is a boxer/pit and is a cutie and super affectionate, I know she would have people interested in adopting her and I'd be fine with it as long as she went to a loving home, but I will see how it goes once she is spayed and look into seeing a behaviorist. I would love nothing more than these two to get alongcloud 9
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Zippy, Sep 22 8:58 pm

Behavior & Training > Advice about fighting females?
Cookie

The- canine- vacuum.

Barked: Wed Sep 22, '10 4:19pm PST 
First off we have Cookie who is a spayed female and has always gotten along great with other dogs and is quite submissive to them.

About a month ago we gladly took in our neighbors dog who is moving to apartments and can't take her... Her name is Lailah and she has not been fixed and shortly after we got her she got in heat.

The two girls got along great at first and then started fighting over toys/food. So we stopped letting them have toys together and feeding them separately. Now it's gotten to the point where they start fighting over nothing that I can even see. I believe it's a dominance issue since Cookie tries to mount Lailah alot and Cookie seems to be starting the fights by snapping at her. The last fight was so bad that now it's purely crate and rotate them. I was wondering if Lailah being in heat could be making all of this worse? We are planning on fixing her when she comes out of it.

I do not want to rehome her because most of the people around here tie up "dogs that are too big" including her last owner and she is a sweetheart and I've grown quite attached to her. Is a life of crate and rotate/keeping separated at all times fair as long as we can handle it? I assume it's better than letting them get hurtfrown I was just hoping for some insight from others who have multiple dogs, I've always had a single one at a time and am frustrated and at a loss.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Zippy, Sep 22 8:58 pm

Dog Health > Heart check up for Layla

Cookie

The- canine- vacuum.

Barked: Sat Jul 18, '09 12:40pm PST 
Glad to hear that her heart and breathing sound well.way to go Hope that the cool coats will work for you.snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Cookie, Jul 18 12:40 pm

Grooming > How often do you bathe your dog???

Cookie

The- canine- vacuum.

Barked: Sat Jul 18, '09 12:36pm PST 
About once every three weeks, used to be more before I realized it's not necessary and was drying out her skin. Trying to make it less than that now and only bathe when it's really needed.
[notify]
» There has since been -3 posts. Last posting by Cookie, Jul 18 12:36 pm

Dog Health > Heart check up for Layla

Cookie

The- canine- vacuum.

Barked: Thu Jul 16, '09 10:55pm PST 
hugLayla, you are a such a heartthrob, hoping the Vet can help with yours. You are in our thoughtshug
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Cookie, Jul 18 12:40 pm

Dog Health > Pray For Sawyer (Its Looking Bad)
Cookie

The- canine- vacuum.

Barked: Wed Jul 15, '09 3:46pm PST 
We are so very sorry... Sawyer and his family are at the top of my prayer listhughug
[notify]
» There has since been 92 posts. Last posting by ~Sophie~, Jul 23 10:35 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Crossbreed owners, ever felt looked down upon?

Cookie

The- canine- vacuum.

Barked: Tue Jul 14, '09 1:44pm PST 
Maybe sometimes here in the real world, but never on Dogstercloud 9

I've always disliked the word "mutt" though. It's an ugly word to me, seems to mean worth nothing from hearing it growing up.
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Angus, Jul 17 9:25 pm

Dog Health > Hilarious New Dog Ad

Cookie

The- canine- vacuum.

Barked: Mon Jul 13, '09 9:43am PST 
big laughBOL Nice ad. I'll have to check out that website. I've used WebMD myself. Thanks for the heads up on the pet version of it.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Cookie, Jul 13 9:43 am

Dog Health > Diatomaceous Earth??

Cookie

The- canine- vacuum.

Barked: Mon Jul 13, '09 9:36am PST 
Food grade DE is supposed to work on ants and it is safe around dogs... many people feed it to their dogs for a dewormer. Just be sure not to get it in theirs eyes, of course.

Good website describing all of the uses for it.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Hudson, Jul 14 4:26 pm

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Say Hello to Raider!
Cookie

The- canine- vacuum.

Barked: Sun Jul 5, '09 8:04pm PST 
Welcome, Raider! You sure are a cutiewave
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Cookie, Jul 5 8:04 pm

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.