Postings by Elsie

GO!

Rhodesian Ridgeback > Is there such a thing as a miniature Ridgeback?

Elsie

Do what I want- when I want....

Barked: Tue Aug 26, '08 2:58pm PST 
I saw a unique ridgeback this past weekend at the beach. He was a blue Thai Ridgeback. He was about half the size of a Rhodesian. I looked it up and it was a real breed. I didnt know any ridgeback came in blue...pretty cool. They also come in the red, silver black etc...but it did say they can be aggressive and not good with children Also very shy. Glad I went with the Rhodesian..no offense. So I guess that could be considered as a miniature?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Obbie R.I.P (2009-2013), Mar 4 8:21 am

Rhodesian Ridgeback > Do people
Elsie

Barked: Tue Aug 26, '08 9:23am PST 
Where I live ridgebacks are not well known. There are only about 5 that I know of here in the city. I have people telling me Elsie is a mutt and to get my money back. Everytime I go to the beach people always try to tell me what my dog is. I have learned to ignore them. I tell them that her breed is recognized by the AKC etc... and if they want to be better informed they should look her up online. I guess I should start walking around with her papers so they will know I am not crazy lol. My favorite is when parents tell me I should not bring her to the beach because she is mean and that is why her hair is standing up. That one is great lol.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Baroque, Sep 5 9:49 pm

Rhodesian Ridgeback > I had never heard of Ridgebacks before...

Elsie

Barked: Tue Aug 26, '08 9:17am PST 
I am def. not an expert but it kind of looks like he has a little bit of a crown right below where his shoulder blades are. If he is a mix he would be considered a red wheaton...Thats what Elsie is according to my vet. Either way def. a cutie!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Zoey, Aug 26 9:23 pm

Rhodesian Ridgeback > kennel training? Good or bad??

Elsie

Barked: Tue Aug 26, '08 9:11am PST 
I feel terrible but I have to leave Elsie in her kennel when I go to work. I use to leave her on my patio..but it is way to hot right now for that. Elsie is in her terrible twos and LOVES to destroy things. She is fine if someone is home but when we leave...look out! I have a friend who also has a ridgeback and she has the same problem. But hers sleeps in there at night while Elsie sleeps in the bed with me (takes up the whole bed too!) I feel so guilty having to put her in there even though she goes right in and I put toys in there. Does anyone else have to leave there Rhod in a kennel? And will she out grow this two stage??
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by KIYA, Sep 25 7:15 am

Rhodesian Ridgeback > What do you eat?

Elsie

Barked: Tue Aug 26, '08 9:02am PST 
I dont know if I like people food...mom wont let me have any because she doesnt want me to beg. Sometimes she mixes yogurt with my dry dog food because the vet said I had an infection. I didnt like it at first but I scarf it down now. I eat purina 1 for growing dogs. When I get an upset tummy mom sometimes will give me some chiken and rice soup to settle it down.. I go through about a bag of dog food a week. Mom gives me extra when I am really active...which is almost everyday. She calls me her little porker. The vet told my mom that she cant leave food down all the time because I dont know when to stop so I eat 3 times a day...and a doggie treat every time I go in my kennel. blue dog
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Arlo, Aug 1 7:39 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.