Postings by Peter Parker

GO!

(Page 1 of 218: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > Oralnasal Fistula
Peter Parker

Peace, Love &- Dachshunds

Barked: Sun Aug 2, '15 9:14am PST 
Kali, yes he eats fine. No problems at all there, thank goodnesscheerhug i do keep the hole cleaned out with a syringe nightly, just so there is no food or debris stuck there. There are still a few sutures hanging on too.
Sandy, yeah, the fistula was not huge at all, and the vet thought there was enough healthy pliable gum tissue to cover the hole. But, I guess it didn't, and in the vets defense I guess, I was trying to brush around the suture site one night and may have knocked that particular suture lose.confused the other sutures are yet still in place, although they serve no purpose now since the one needing to keep the hole closed is gone.confused the site looks good, and i keep it clean, as i said with a syringe.
I've read that dogs can live with these things long term?thinkingthinkingthinking its obvious the hole has granulated some because there is no debris coming out of his nose, like there was before the tooth removal. Just praying the hole closes all the way i guess. He said he has seen fistulas granulate and close before that were not that big.
I just really do not want to have to put Pete under anesthesia again. That is the part that worries me the most.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Peter Parker, Sun 9:14 am

Dog Health > Oralnasal Fistula
Peter Parker

Barked: Fri Jul 31, '15 10:04am PST 
Hi palswave
So, Peter had his large canine tooth removed about a little over a month ago due to a oral nasal fistula. Apparently the probe could go in to his nasal tract. Since the tooth has been removed there is still a "hole" there, or fistula. The vet said it could granulate and close, which it has to some degree, but not completely. We are going to wait another few weeks to see if it will close more but if it doesn't there is a possibility that he will need a procedure called "gingival flap surgery". Has anyone had one of these? Ive pretty much seen what it entails, but am worried about having to put him under yet again at almost 14 years of age. And also the cost.
Just curious if anyone has had one of these. Thanks

I should note that the "hole" was sutured closed but the sutures came lose a week or so later….hence the hole still being there. I've read this is common with fistulas and that is where the flap surgery comes into play.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Peter Parker, Sun 9:14 am

Dog Health > Second Wind? Eating more and chasing the cat

Peter Parker

Barked: Fri Jul 31, '15 9:57am PST 
Hi Mr. Jakewave Your post made my heart smile todaycloud 9hughughughug we have been reading your posts and are rooting for you palbig hugbig hughug
i had an enlarged prostate years ago that remedied itself once i got neutered.puppy not sure about the hows or they whys cuz its been so long but I've been doing great ever since and its been at least 5 or 6 years since my neuter.
i will be 14 next month...puppy
momma saw that you are eating limited ingredient insinct and i eat that too along with ziwi peak and i and love and you, dehydrated food, and others.
we saw on your post that you get "fresh tea" and cell pills, if you don't mind sharing what kind of tea exactly and the cell pills too?thinking
momma has been curious about Resvantage Canine.thinking have you seen this or tried it?thinking i also get turmeric sprinkled on my foodway to go
we are really happy that you seem to be doing better palhughug hugs to you and mommahug
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Peter Parker, Fri 9:57 am

Dog Health > Is it normal for a dog's coat to change after neutering?

Peter Parker

Barked: Sat May 16, '15 1:31pm PST 
Koby my coat changed after I was neutered. The hair around my legs and chest was less silky like and sorta thicker. And shaggier. We bought some supplement at PetCo called Dream Coat that really helped. Plus, I get salmon skins toocheer the fish oil helps a lot too and i am glad it seems to be helping you toocheer
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Koby, May 17 5:03 pm

Dog Health > Will my dog George ever walk again after surgery?

Peter Parker

Barked: Wed May 6, '15 1:42am PST 
Great news George!!!applause 90% is good!!way to go I'm sure you will continue to improve pal and we will def say prayers for you!!!hughug
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Scooter, PAWS , Jun 10 6:39 am

Dog Health > Allergies!!!
Peter Parker

Barked: Tue May 5, '15 8:23pm PST 
Thanks Scooter and Jaspercheercheerhug yes the pollens are so bad here. Today the pine, grass, mold and pecan are all so highconfusedconfused even mommas nose and eyes are itchyconfused she is going to call the vet and ask about the dosage and give me a low dosecheer hopefully it will offer me some reliefcheer she did trim my hair and give me a bath with conditioner last week and it really helped cloud 9cloud 9
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Scooter, PAWS , May 6 6:20 am

Dog Health > Allergies!!!

Peter Parker

Barked: Fri May 1, '15 10:59am PST 
Hey pals,wave I don't know if it's just around here but the pollens are really bad right now. I mean, me, myself, am having a rough go of it with itchy eyes and a runny nose, and, I am noticing Peter reverse sneezing a little more than usual and chewing his little feet after our walks. I have been wiping him down after our walks, but, since he is so low to the ground the pollen is literally ALL over his tail and tummy. We have to pick all the leaves/pollen thingies off him before we come inside. The pollen also leaves this yellow residue/powder everywhere, it is awful. All over the cars, the ground, everywhere.
I am curious how many of you are also dealing with allergies and what your symptoms are. Also, are any of you on Benadryl. My vet suggested this a few years back when Peter had an allergy flare up and I think it did help but now that he is 13.5 years old I am reluctant to give any sort of medications out of fear that it can somehow compromise him.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Scooter, PAWS , May 6 6:20 am

Food & Nutrition > The new Wellness TruFood Baked Blends??

Peter Parker

Barked: Fri May 1, '15 10:50am PST 
Hi Astrowavewave
hug
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Scooter, PAWS , May 6 6:21 am

Food & Nutrition > The new Wellness TruFood Baked Blends??

Peter Parker

Barked: Wed Apr 29, '15 11:08am PST 
Hey palswave So, I got a email from Wellness introducing this new food. We used to rotate with Wellness a while back but stopped when they had a recall, on I forget which product, but we just stopped feeding Wellness products altogether after that recall. This particular food sparked my interest though.
Have any of you guys seen it or tried it yet?
Your thoughts on it?
Here are the ingredients and values:

Chicken, Chicken Meal, Chickpeas, Peas, Tomato Pomace, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Chicken Liver, Flaxseed, Chicken Hearts, Pea Protein, Tapioca Flour, Green Beans, Beets, Herring Meal, Lentils, Apples, Coconut Oil, Natural Flavor, Choline Chloride, Turmeric, Calcium Carbonate, Chia Seeds, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Proteinate, Spinach, Mixed Tocopherols added to preserve freshness, Broccoli, Ginger, Pumpkin, Parsley, Blueberries, Kale, Purple Carrots, Niacin, Iron Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Manganese Proteinate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Inulin, Folic Acid, Dried Lactobacillus plantarum Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus thermophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus bulgaricus Fermentation Product, Rosemary Extract, Green Tea Extract, Spearmint Extract.

Crude Protein (Min)36.00%
Crude Fat (Max)17.00%
Crude Fiber (Min)4.50%
Moisture (Max)10.00%
Calcium (Max)1.50%
Phosphorus (Max)1.00%
Vitamin A (Min)5000 IU/kg
Vitamin E (Min) 400 IU/kg
Omega-6 Fatty Acids* (Min)2.75%
Omega-3 Fatty Acids* (Min)1.20%
Glucosamine* (Min)250 mg/kg
Chondroitin* (Min)200 mg/kg
Total Lactic Acid Microorganisms*✝ (Min)20,000,000 CFU/lb
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Scooter, PAWS , May 6 6:21 am

Food & Nutrition > Rotators!!
Peter Parker

Barked: Thu Apr 16, '15 11:20am PST 
Hey Scooterwavewavehugit is good to see you palsnoopy
Usually it is recommended to slowly transition, like maybe add a little of the new food to their old food and then eventually just switch it on over.puppy When I started with the dehydrated raw I still added a bit of kibble for a week or so and Peter did fine. cheer Peter is pretty used to eating different meat sources though as we give him some of our freshly baked (human) meat all the time. I'm sure rotating within the same brand would be okway to go
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Trinity, May 14 6:40 pm

(Page 1 of 218: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.