Postings by Peter Parker

GO!

(Page 1 of 217: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > Rotators!!
Peter Parker

Peace, Love &- Dachshunds

Barked: Wed Mar 25, '15 9:32pm PST 
Mulderwave yes you are right, The Honest Kitchen mix is ground up a bit more. We have rotated with Verve before and then the little shop we used to get it at closed down.confused Whole Foods recently started stocking it though and I have been eyeing the Zeal formula. Peter loves salmon and I always give him the skins and some of the meatpuppy
With the I and Love and You, I wait about 15 minutes and it seems to mash up pretty nicely. It even recommends making it the night before and refrigerating it. Thankfully, the pieces are not too big at all .dancing
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Peter Parker, Wed 9:32 pm

Peter Parker

Barked: Wed Mar 25, '15 10:18am PST 
Hi guyswave
Jasper Thank you for your well thought out response. I gotta be honest though, ONE brand of the Same formula everyday- day after day- smell after smell- just kill me nowlaugh out loudlaugh out loud
In all seriousness though, I've never heard search horrible critique of the foods I feedred face Especially Ziwi Peak. I think the air dried raw and dehydrated raw foods are superior to kibble. But, that is just my opinion. No matter, really. Peter's coat is beautiful, even at 13.5 years. He is not overweight. He is on a glucosamine supplement, and has been on it for about 4 years. I think he moves real fluid considering his age and the fact that he has a touch of arthritis. I've never seen him "stiff", and I contribute that to the supplement and the foods I feed.
Mulder hi palwave sounds like you have an excellent system going thereway to go
Sarahwave I was curious about the veggies/meat chunks, umm how shall I say, coming out whole in the endlaugh out loud with the I and Love and You, I try to make sure can sorta mash the meat chunks. They seem good enough, I tasted one and it was actually not bad. No sodium of course. I taste a lot of Peter's food and treats, just to make sure, I don't know, maybe I'm weird. laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Peter Parker, Wed 9:32 pm

Peter Parker

Barked: Sun Mar 22, '15 1:18pm PST 
Hey palswave So, I'm curious, for those of you out there on a rotation diet, how many foods do you rotate with?thinking and do you rotate with different meat sources or stick to then same meat source but different brands? thinking
I'm curious because I found this dehydrated raw dog food at Whole Foods called I and Love and You that looks pretty good. You add water to it and let it sit for about 15 minutes, then serve. It comes in turkey, chicken and beef. I bought the turkey and beef. They were out of the chicken. Have any of you guys tried this food?thinking
We are however on a menagerie of sorts with other foods...puppy
Peter has been on Ziwi Peak since he was about 6 or 7. He's 13 now so he's been doing exceptionally well on it and we def want to keep that on stock, the air dried venison and the canned too. It's just the price has almost doubled on the air dried food since we first started buying itconfused it used to be $27.99 and now I'm paying $42.99 for a 2.2 lb bagconfused the cans are almost $5 each but I get a discount when I buy the case so it's about $54 so I save about $11 or $12. So now it's kinda pricey to feed exclusively. We have tried LOTS of other foods over the years and I know which ones he does well on, so when I can find other brands on sale I get those now too, but sometimes it's not always venison, so I get chicken, salmon, beef and turkey.
And they are different brands, like Halo or Stella & Chewy's, Nature's Variety, or OrganiX.
And now this turkey I and Love and You, even though it's "dehydrated raw" as opposed to ZP's "air dried raw", so I'm hoping he can tolerate it. I just gave him a tiny bit for breakfast and he seemed to really like it.dancing
So, I guess I'm just wondering if any of you rotate with different brands of air dried raw, dehydrated raw, regular kibble and canned all at the same time, with different protein sources and if you like it or think there's any benefit or downside to it?
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Peter Parker, Wed 9:32 pm

Senior Dogs > arthritis any helpful tips?

Peter Parker

Barked: Mon Jan 5, '15 10:41am PST 
I would highly recommend Glucosamine. Peter is 13, had back surgery at 11 and is still pretty active considering his age and I honestly feel these supplements have helped. I started giving them about 2 years ago. That heating pad sounds nice! I may have to look into getting one of those!hug
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Reuben, Jan 11 6:55 pm

Food & Nutrition > Struvite Crystals, Food & treat options? Lengthy post.....

Peter Parker

Barked: Sat Aug 9, '14 9:16am PST 
When Peter had crystals way back when the vet suggested distilled/purified water, and I have only been giving him that kind of water for, geeez, it's been years and they never came back. Not sure which crystals they were thoughthinking i can't rememberred face but changing the water helped…..
Also, Peter was neutered later in life too, to avoid complications. We took him for a sonogram and he had an enlarged prostate. All this was years ago and he is fine now.
He has been on Ziwi Peak for over say, 5 or 6 years now and does really well on it. I try to mix it up and give him Stella & Chewy's venison and Surf N Turf. I also mixed can food in with the air dried ZP to add moisture. It's hard finding a dog food company that is trustworthy anymore with all the buy-outs and recalls thoughconfused
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Jasper, Nov 30 9:11 am

Plus Power of the Paw > PPP for Hilda, Pericardical effusion
Peter Parker

Barked: Wed May 21, '14 9:18pm PST 
Saying a prayer for you Hildahughughughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, May 28 9:42 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Auda is missing :(

Peter Parker

Barked: Sun May 4, '14 9:49am PST 
hughughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Rocky, May 20 11:57 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Sierra is gone

Peter Parker

Barked: Mon Apr 28, '14 8:52pm PST 
hughughughughughughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Rocky, Apr 30 7:38 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > I became an Angel tonight.

Peter Parker

Barked: Mon Apr 28, '14 8:51pm PST 
RIP Spudshughughuglittle angel Thinking of you and your familyhughug
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Dec 30 4:34 am

Senior Dogs > Doing as he is told
Peter Parker

Barked: Fri Apr 11, '14 7:53am PST 
Aw, that is so cute that he waits for you like that. Peter does that too! He knows I have to get my huge purse with my sunglasses, keys, cell, and all that when we leave. He always sticks his nose in my purse cuz I carry his little water bowl in there and his leash and treats. It's like a baby bag for a dog! LOL! The bond we develop over the years is so precious, so special. Peter knows me better than anyone. We've been BFF's for 11 years ( I rescued him when he was 1 yr old). We have been through everything together! Divorces, deaths, job losses, illnesses and injuries, everything. I can't imagine my life without him. That is why we celebrate each and every day, each and every momenthughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Peter Parker, Apr 11 7:53 am

(Page 1 of 217: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.