Postings by Peter Parker

GO!

(Page 1 of 217: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > Struvite Crystals, Food & treat options? Lengthy post.....
Peter Parker

It's good to be- the King!

Barked: Sat Aug 9, '14 9:16am PST 
When Peter had crystals way back when the vet suggested distilled/purified water, and I have only been giving him that kind of water for, geeez, it's been years and they never came back. Not sure which crystals they were thoughthinking i can't rememberred face but changing the water helped…..
Also, Peter was neutered later in life too, to avoid complications. We took him for a sonogram and he had an enlarged prostate. All this was years ago and he is fine now.
He has been on Ziwi Peak for over say, 5 or 6 years now and does really well on it. I try to mix it up and give him Stella & Chewy's venison and Surf N Turf. I also mixed can food in with the air dried ZP to add moisture. It's hard finding a dog food company that is trustworthy anymore with all the buy-outs and recalls thoughconfused
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Jasper, Nov 30 9:11 am

Plus Power of the Paw > PPP for Hilda, Pericardical effusion
Peter Parker

Barked: Wed May 21, '14 9:18pm PST 
Saying a prayer for you Hildahughughughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, May 28 9:42 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Auda is missing :(

Peter Parker

Barked: Sun May 4, '14 9:49am PST 
hughughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Rocky, May 20 11:57 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Sierra is gone

Peter Parker

Barked: Mon Apr 28, '14 8:52pm PST 
hughughughughughughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Rocky, Apr 30 7:38 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > I became an Angel tonight.

Peter Parker

Barked: Mon Apr 28, '14 8:51pm PST 
RIP Spudshughughuglittle angel Thinking of you and your familyhughug
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Apr 30 4:08 pm

Senior Dogs > Doing as he is told
Peter Parker

Barked: Fri Apr 11, '14 7:53am PST 
Aw, that is so cute that he waits for you like that. Peter does that too! He knows I have to get my huge purse with my sunglasses, keys, cell, and all that when we leave. He always sticks his nose in my purse cuz I carry his little water bowl in there and his leash and treats. It's like a baby bag for a dog! LOL! The bond we develop over the years is so precious, so special. Peter knows me better than anyone. We've been BFF's for 11 years ( I rescued him when he was 1 yr old). We have been through everything together! Divorces, deaths, job losses, illnesses and injuries, everything. I can't imagine my life without him. That is why we celebrate each and every day, each and every momenthughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Peter Parker, Apr 11 7:53 am

Senior Dogs > Carrying or Lifting a Senior Dog

Peter Parker

Barked: Thu Apr 10, '14 8:56pm PST 
Hey OtiswavePeter had cervical surgery last year and recovered really well, well actually it was in November of 2012 so a year and a half or so. Butm yeah, he def needs to lose at least 2 lbs. The vet told me at his last visit and I have been trying. It's harder to exercise a senior dog more frequently than you would a younger dog. He's lost about half a pound so we are on the right trackway to go
He gets a glucosamine supplement daily and I think it's really helped with the arthritis in his back hips.
I also pick him up to put him on the couch or bed but there are times that he jumps on the couch before I get to pick him up! But, for the most part I pick him up.
It's hard to keep them from jumping or trying to jump!
hug
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Peter Parker, Apr 10 8:56 pm

Peter Parker

Barked: Tue Apr 8, '14 8:40pm PST 
Hi Miss Scarlettwave You know I tried those a few years back and Peter is simply too long to use them. His back end can't reach the stair. The stairs would have to be longer, they are too short. I suppose I could have the hubby custom make some possiblythinking They'd have to be extra tall for my bed cuz my bed is tall.
He did fine this morning though. I will just have to be more gentle...hughug
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Peter Parker, Apr 10 8:56 pm

Peter Parker

Barked: Mon Apr 7, '14 9:19am PST 
Hi friendswave
So, this morning I picked or rather, cradled Peter when we woke up to put him down from my bed (he sleeps with me). I sometimes put him down right away and sometimes I cradle him (like his face is facing me and his back is in my arms) and we will walk to the living room like that while I am kissing him or snuggling. I usually carry him or put him down correctly, like a football because with dachshunds you have to be so careful.
So, when I bend over to put him down he whined. He's done this about 3 times in the past 3 or 4 months and it's always when I cradle him like that cuz it's more difficult to set him down. Of course I know the solution to this would be to just not carry him like that anymore to avoid having to set him down, but I'm just wondering if any of you have noticed sore spots when you pick up or set down your senior dogs?? I noticed today it was when I put him down there was extra weight on his shoulder. And that was when he whined. It always freaks me out and hurts my heart to hear him cry. I don't want to be the cause of any pain for Peter.
He does have rather bad arthritis in his back hips, the vet told us this last year. We've been on a Glucosamine DS supplement that seems to be working pretty good.
He does really well on his walks and even ran to try to get a kitty this morningbig grin
But, I am just wondering if any of you had to just be extra careful when lifting and carrying your seniors? Are there any particular sore spots I should watch out for like shoulders, back and hips?? All this is new to me and I am just trying to make sure I don't hurt Peter. He's my first dog and we've been best friends so long and I just want him to be comfortable now that he is getting older.
Is there any extra supplements that I may be able to give?
Any advice and input is appreciated.hug
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Peter Parker, Apr 10 8:56 pm

Small Dogs > Crusty Teeth At Only 1 Year- Advice?
Peter Parker

Barked: Sun Apr 6, '14 10:00am PST 
bump
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Hershey, May 14 5:14 am

(Page 1 of 217: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.