Postings by PrincessMorningstar

GO!

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

Other Barks & Woofs > Dog Shot & Now Recouping In GA High Kill Shelter!
PrincessMorn- ingstar

Adopt a Pup-U- Will Be Glad U- Did

Barked: Sat Sep 18, '10 2:46pm PST 
This poor fellow was shot in the head, some one took him to the vet and then they put in a High Kill Shelter in GA!!

He deserves so much more then this! He should be in a nice warm home, with loving hands helping him to get through his ordeal!

Is their any one that can Foster or Adopt him and get him out of the Rome Shelter before his time is up??

Please, some one out their must be able to save him, look at his face! He is miserable in their to say the least of the pain he must be in!

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/17436688
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by PrincessMorningstar, Sep 18 2:46 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Dog Shot & Now Recouping In GA High Kill Shelter!
PrincessMorn- ingstar

Barked: Sat Sep 18, '10 2:44pm PST 
This poor fellow was shot in the head, some one took him to the vet and then they put in a High Kill Shelter in GA!!

He deserves so much more then this! He should be in a nice warm home, with loving hands helping him to get through his ordeal!

Is their any one that can Foster or Adopt him and get him out of the Rome Shelter before his time is up??

Please, some one out their must be able to save him, look at his face! He is miserable in their to say the least of the pain he must be in!

[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by PrincessMorningstar, Sep 18 2:44 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Dog Shot & Now Recouping In High Kill Shelter

PrincessMorn- ingstar

Barked: Sat Sep 18, '10 2:41pm PST 

[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by PrincessMorningstar, Sep 18 2:41 pm

Dogs & Travel > Motion Sickness and Dogs

PrincessMorn- ingstar

Barked: Thu Aug 26, '10 1:23am PST 
It seems that their are specific Rescue remedies for people and a different one for dogs.

http://www.rescueremedy.com/

bear in mind that motion sickness in dogs can be because the dog actually feels dizzy which would make them vomit. Dramamine in people doesn't always stop the dizziness but does prevent the nausea. So just using a calming remedy may not be enough, and mixing the two may or may not have side effects. Again, I would call your Vet and ask these questions before spending any money on them and using them on your dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Riley TDI CGC, Aug 26 5:25 am

Dogs & Travel > Motion Sickness and Dogs

PrincessMorn- ingstar

Barked: Wed Aug 25, '10 12:12pm PST 
I had to use 1/2 tablet of 25mg of NON-Drowsy Dramamine a half hour before she goes into the car for Princess for the first year that I had her and I didn't feed her anything, not even a snack. She would get feed once we were home for the night.

Now she is okay even for long drives, (2hrs) but I admit I don't feed her until I get home. It does prevent the vomiting and just make sure that you get the NON drowsy type. Princess weighs 18 pounds so 1/2 tablet is plenty according to her Vet and it suppose to work for up to 12 hours on a dog. I never tested for that length of driving time though. I wouldn't give a dog any more then the recommended amount since all meds settle in their liver and some meds are never fully purified out of the liver.

Verify the dosage with your Vet for your dogs.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Riley TDI CGC, Aug 26 5:25 am

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > PIF: Marine Needs Help
PrincessMorn- ingstar

Barked: Mon Aug 23, '10 9:33pm PST 
BEGGING FOR THIS DOGS LIFE PLEASE PLEASE READ THIS STORY!!!!!!
CONTACT From: Kristin (< @ pohly.net >)

Please, please, please cross-post!!

T-Bone's Tail T-Bone's owner is a Marine who was deployed to Iraq in 2008. While he was there, he became ill with cancer and was flown back to the USA for a stem cell transplant. During the time of his deployment and hospitalization, Camp Pendleton instituted a banned breed policy which requires pit bulls currently living on Base to pass the American Kennel Club's Canine Good Citizen test. T-Bone's owner requested an extended waiver from the Base and enrolled him in Basic Obedience, which he passed. However, the AKC course was not held due to lack of sign-ups. T-Bone’s owner then took T-Bone to drop-in classes in hopes of passing the test before the extended waiver expired. T-Bone was ONE command (stay), away from passing, but was impounded by Camp Pendleton ’s Animal Control on the last day of the waiver, because he had not passed the “stay” command. T-Bone is best friends with his buddy Paco, the Chihuahua and is wonderful with
the children in his family – ages ranging from newborn to teenagers, but has had very limited exposure to cats and other small animals beside Paco. He loves to play and run and is a very athletic pup. Time is running out for this sweet, loving dog and we are desperately looking for a family that can rescue him from Camp Pendleton ’s Kill shelter… either permanently, or as a foster until his current owner separates from the Military in the Spring. Arrangements have been made for T-Bone to continue working with a trainer, so that he can master that last Good Citizen command. If you, or anyone you know could possibly help this family and this wonderful dog, please contact: Lynne M. Van Trieste, MBA, Ed.D. Recovery Care Coordinator Wounded Warrior Battalion - West Bldg. 49 Santa Margarita Road Camp Pendleton, CA 92055 619-952-9837 Thank you!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by PrincessMorningstar, Aug 23 9:33 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Remember me? Drawings

PrincessMorn- ingstar

Barked: Fri Aug 20, '10 7:30pm PST 
You do good work, all the drawings are adorable. I especially like the way you put life into their eyes.

I would love a drawing too! I can never get a shot of both Princess and Gigi together. So if you could do them together some how, I would really appreciate it. When Gigi is standing her head reaches Princess's belly, that's how tiny she is. Princess is small too, only 18 pounds. I'll leave it up to you.
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by ♥ Arlowe ♥, Sep 9 1:11 am

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > INTERNATIONAL HOMELESS ANIMALS DAY

PrincessMorn- ingstar

Barked: Fri Aug 20, '10 7:05pm PST 
August 21, 2010 marks the 19th Annual International Homeless Animals Day. In an effort to raise awareness about the extreme overpopulation affecting animal shelters, The International Society for Animal Rights (ISAR)will hold events and candlelight vigils across the world in honor of those animals that have lost their lives due to overpopulation.

Every year more than 4.5 million dogs and cats die in local animal shelters due to a lack of space. For the past 19 years, organizations such as ISAR have promoted new ideas and efforts to maintain the pet population with spay and neuter programs. One of the kindest acts people can perform to save the lives of animals is to spay or neuter their pet, which prevents homeless animals from ever being born in the first place.

From a simple spread of the message, to attending fundraisers for shelters to help keep their spay/neuter programs thriving, we all can help the cause in keeping shelter populations at a minimum.

CHECK the links to see vigial services being held in your state to honor all the homeless animals, and light a candle too.

ISAR: http://www.isaronline.org/index.html

Schedule of State Vigils: http://www.isaronline.org/vigils_2010.html

Light A Candle: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=ISAR
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by PrincessMorningstar, Aug 20 7:05 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > INTERNATIONAL HOMELESS ANIMALS DAY

PrincessMorn- ingstar

Barked: Fri Aug 20, '10 7:02pm PST 
August 21, 2010 marks the 19th Annual International Homeless Animals Day. In an effort to raise awareness about the extreme overpopulation affecting animal shelters, The International Society for Animal Rights (ISAR)will hold events and candlelight vigils across the world in honor of those animals that have lost their lives due to overpopulation.

Every year more than 4.5 million dogs and cats die in local animal shelters due to a lack of space. For the past 19 years, organizations such as ISAR have promoted new ideas and efforts to maintain the pet population with spay and neuter programs. One of the kindest acts people can perform to save the lives of animals is to spay or neuter their pet, which prevents homeless animals from ever being born in the first place.

From a simple spread of the message, to attending fundraisers for shelters to help keep their spay/neuter programs thriving, we all can help the cause in keeping shelter populations at a minimum.

CHECK the links to see vigial services being held in your state to honor all the homeless animals, and light a candle too.

ISAR: http://www.isaronline.org/index.html

Schedule of State Vigils: http://www.isaronline.org/vigils_2010.html

Light A Candle: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=ISAR
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Sam H , Aug 21 8:34 am

Small Dogs > Harnesses?
PrincessMorn- ingstar

Barked: Mon Aug 16, '10 5:03pm PST 
Princess uses a step in harness, and I love it. Believe it or not, I found it at Walmart for only $8.00. They come in several designs and it has stopped her from pulling. When she sees it coming, she will go into a sit/beg position and slides each leg into it and then she sits with her head down, so I can clip it closed on her back. Gigi has a soft harness and I am looking into getting her the vest type since she is so small.
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Allee Oop!!!, Aug 28 7:48 am

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.