Postings by Rocket

GO!

(Page 1 of 31: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Catahoula Leopard Dog > AM I a Catahoula Leopard Dog?
Rocket

Rocket's Red- Glare

Barked: Sat Jan 30, '10 10:10am PST 
Sukie, any way you can add more pictures to your page? You look like a pit bull to me. I don't really see Cattie in you...but maybe if you had more pictures? thinking
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Lance, May 27 2:59 pm

Catahoula Leopard Dog > what am I?
Rocket

Rocket's Red- Glare

Barked: Sat Jan 30, '10 10:09am PST 
Logan, you definitely have Cattie in you. I can tell just by your ears. Your coloring helps, too! But you seem a little stockier than my Catahoula, who is as lean as they come! big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Sweetie, Mar 6 10:47 am

Behavior & Training > Need Help With Walking..

Rocket

Rocket's Red- Glare

Barked: Mon Dec 7, '09 5:53pm PST 
Gertie, I just might have to try that changing directions thing! That sounds brilliant!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Snickers, Dec 7 8:49 pm

Rocket

Rocket's Red- Glare

Barked: Mon Dec 7, '09 5:50pm PST 
Gertie, I just might have to try that changing directions thing! That sounds brilliant!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Snickers, Dec 7 8:49 pm

Rocket

Rocket's Red- Glare

Barked: Fri Dec 4, '09 4:48am PST 
Rocket is/was the same way. I've resorted to walking her before the sun comes up in the morning and after the sun goes down in the evening. That way, it's darker and she doesn't really notice much distractions.

I'm also working with her on walking better. As soon as she pulls on her leash, I stop walking and tug on her leash until she is at my side or behind me. Then I give her a treat. Then I start walking again. I repeat this a million times per walk...laugh out loud and she's finally getting the hang of it. She's not at 100% recall yet when she does see a distraction, but we are getting there. You have to get it in Gunner's head that pulling is not the correct way to walk. So as soon as he tugs, stop. He'll hate it. Rocket did. All she wanted to do was GO! But now she's a lot calmer and hopefully at some point I can be more confident in walking her around the neighbors. But for now. No way. laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Snickers, Dec 7 8:49 pm

Behavior & Training > Fear barker
Rocket

Rocket's Red- Glare

Barked: Thu Dec 3, '09 5:32pm PST 
Rocket is a fear barker, too, so I'm interested in hearing/reading the responses.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Rocket, Dec 3 5:32 pm

Behavior & Training > The Walk - Separate or Together?

Rocket

Rocket's Red- Glare

Barked: Sun Nov 29, '09 7:34pm PST 
When it got darker later, I took the dogs on their flexi on the golf course trails and let them do whatever. Now that it's dark by the time I get home from work, I can't walk on the golf course so I take them on their nylon leashes to the end of the street to let them do whatever. They seem to enjoy that just as much.

I hope walking them separately will work just as awesome for them as it does for everyone here. Thanks, guys!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Nov 29 10:09 pm

Rocket

Rocket's Red- Glare

Barked: Sun Nov 29, '09 7:12pm PST 
I walk them to the end of the street and let them roam around the gravel, dirt, woods, etc. I don't like it when other dogs pee/poop on my lawn...isn't that marking their territory? Is it theirs to mark? shrug I don't really know the answer, so I just keep my dogs walking. And they seem OK with it, it's not like they are stopping at every bush anyway.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Nov 29 10:09 pm

Rocket

Rocket's Red- Glare

Barked: Sun Nov 29, '09 5:36pm PST 
Thanks everyone! Our walks are just "for fun" but I don't allow them to stop and smell every bush and mailbox. That would take hours. laugh out loud My dogs LOVE each other so I was a bit worried about their walks weakening the bond, but for now, thanks to you, I'm not worried anymore. Maybe I'll walk them separate in the morning, then together at night when they can't "see" any distractions. laugh out loud

Thanks again, guys. I start work again tomorrow after an awesome long weekend, so I'll let you know how the new routine goes! big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Nov 29 10:09 pm

Rocket

Rocket's Red- Glare

Barked: Sun Nov 29, '09 5:08pm PST 
For those of you with multiple dogs, do you walk all your dogs together? Or (with two dogs), one at a time? I realize some people here have more than two dogs so that might be a little crazy to ask about walking one at a time, but really, do you think it's OK to walk dogs separately?

I've been trying a little experiment and started walking my two dogs separately for a few nights in a row and the difference is night and day. 27 has always been good on walks, and Rocket not so much, but when she's alone, she's so much better! She listens better and doesn't want to run and play with everyone who passes. I make her sit and wait, and she does it perfectly.

I guess my question is...does it mess with the dogs mentally when they are being walked separately? Trying to avoid arguments all together, assuming I am a pack leader, should the whole pack walk together? Will walking them one at a time mess with that mentality in them? Make them be aggressive toward each other?

Do my questions make sense? laugh out loud Any help would rock! Thanks ahead of time!
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by , Nov 29 10:09 pm

(Page 1 of 31: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.