Postings by Isabelle the Great

GO!

(Page 1 of 69: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Isabelle the- Great

Nothing is- greater than an- Springer!

Barked: Sat Mar 14, '15 12:22pm PST 
Foster update: Poor miss Molly is skin and bones. She also has worms, a mouth infection, underweight, and a heart murmur. We are hoping the murmur goes away with weight gain and is nothing serious. She is a sweet dog but I've only met her twice. I've been at the boyfriend's all week because he a lumbar disc replacement surgery and has titanium rods and couldn't be on his own for a week.
[notify]
» There has since been 46 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 4:14 pm

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Sun Mar 8, '15 4:05pm PST 
I want to teach...which is what I went to college for but my personality is way to introverted and according my college professors... I would last because I know to much about history and could care less about the standards, which hit correctly Flicka... United States history in school is more or less how the US is the greatest... how we saved the world in both world wars and a bunch of crap like that. I loved college history because it made me think about the outside world and how the world views the US.

The amount of education people have doesn't bother me. I mean I have a bachelors degree and I work as a manager at Burger King and I actually work with some extremely intelligent peeps.

Got a new foster today. She's extremely underweight, you can see her hip and ribs. My coordinator is mad because they spayed her and gave her no medications and she may have an infection. But I am away for most the week so I haven't met her.
[notify]
» There has since been 72 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 4:14 pm

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Sat Mar 7, '15 3:45am PST 
I am rather disheartened to learn that there are college level history majors who have no idea that Neville Chamberlain was the Prime Minister when Britain declared war on Germany... An actual history major on another site said she majored in history concentrating on World War II and the Cold War and that she didn't know who Neville Chamberlain was... I so wanted to ask where she went so I don't go their for any master or PhD level education. I majored in history and could tell you that Neville Chamberlain was PM. I love the studying the Cold War too, some extremely interesting dynamics there.

Any...end of rant... we have cold and frozen snow here in Indiana. But Isabelle loves the snow and I love that she's likes winter as much as me.
[notify]
» There has since been 79 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 4:14 pm

Food & Nutrition > New puppy and can't afford raw

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Thu Feb 5, '15 12:33am PST 
Except... vets do recommend Purina products... constantly... and Iams... While some of Hills products are decent... a lot are not. Corn is one of the most common allergies in dogs... along with wheat and soy which is why some brands do not use them at all. The fact that vet recommends Science Diet, conveniently sold at the vets does nothing to further their cause about it being good... Also... Science Diet/Hills seems to expensive for what it is.

I also just spent sometime comparing ingredients... Hills matches those of Purina and Nutro so saying those aren't balanced means Hills isn't balanced either.

As for the OP. My advice is stick with the Purina One for now. Its not the best food but its better than Ol Roy. It sounds like you live in a very rural area so getting better quality food may be hard. If it makes you feel better, look into adding ground beef, turkey, or chicken to your dog's food and things like eggs. It sounds like you have other forums you visit and they are helping you too.

Next time you go to Wal Mart, look for Iams Naturals too or the at the Rachel Ray limited and grain free lines.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Mulder, Feb 5 5:51 pm

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Sun Feb 1, '15 9:09pm PST 
We got quite a bit of snow here too. Don't know how much but according to my mother one of the dogs jumped in a drift and disappeared. I'm kind of agitated with my job right now because they wouldn't close our store until 10pm and roads are crap. I understand they want to make money but all of my boss' bosses are at home and not driving in this while us lowly peons have to drive in this crap and work. I have been called in when cars aren't allowed on the roads...

Luckily my bf lives five minutes from my job and I am hunkered down here tonight while he works.
[notify]
» There has since been 213 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 4:14 pm

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Sat Jan 17, '15 1:27am PST 
Aren't I-5s improvements supposed to be happening soon? Just wondering.
[notify]
» There has since been 276 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 4:14 pm

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Mon Jan 12, '15 2:25am PST 
http://barkpost.com/kid-bosses-pit-bulls-like-boss/?utm_source=faceb ook&utm_medium=post

Not to start arguments... but am I the only one who sees signs of stress in some of these dogs? One pants then yawns and stops (sign of stress), most of them do not looked relaxed, and at the end when the dogs rush to the food, you can see one dog snap at another dog.

For those of you who haven't seen this video... its a four year old feeding six pit bulls (who look like mastiffs mixes) by dumping food onto the floor. Its not the breed that bothers me, its the fact that this mother is creating a dangerous situation and saying its fine. I don't know but I do not think I am making up the part of seeing signs of stress in some of these dogs. Not to mention that when this situation turns dangerous... it could have been avoided by feeding each dog individually...

oh...hi!
[notify]
» There has since been 296 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 4:14 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > looking for breed ideas

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Thu Jan 8, '15 3:27pm PST 
Go to a foster based rescue? That way you know what you are getting and you don't have to decide on a breed.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Yoshi, Jan 24 3:13 pm

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Thu Jan 1, '15 12:45pm PST 
Bunny-before this Springer tackled me to the ground, I already had owned an English Springer Spaniel (which is the reason I knew this dog that tackled me was one) plus a Cocker and a Brittany. Like I said, while I was tackled... it looked different to my grandfather who saw a strange dog tackle his granddaughter one his property.

As for how I came to rescue Springers... after my family lost Charley due to his epilepsy we wanted another dog and fell in love with a blind and deaf tri-color in Michigan. After we applied to adopt this dog...we went through our fiances and knew we wouldn't be able to afford another dog's vet bill right away so we switched to fostering. Shortly after that we received our first foster, Toby. The tackling incident really never affected me in a negative way.
[notify]
» There has since been 324 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 4:14 pm

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Fri Dec 26, '14 11:45pm PST 
Not that I am defending the shooting of any dog but Indiana is one big corn/soy bean field and because of that people who live in the country think its okay to leave their dogs roam free and don't think of the consequences. My grandfather lives in the middle of no where and when I was a kid, I would be over at his house playing outside. One day this brown and white springer spaniel came out of no where and tackled me to the ground. While it wasn't vicious attack, my grandfather did not appreciate a strange dog in his yard, jumping on one of his grandchildren. He came out with his shot gun. He didn't shoot the dog... just scared it off.

These country people claim that their dogs would never hurt another animal even though the owners of the property have seen these dogs come over multiply times and chase their chickens or cattle. I don't think its fair to the farm owners whose animals are being scared and killed by free roaming dogs not to be able to defend their animals.

I will say bb gun pellets sound more like *insert whatever word not allowed on dogster here* teenagers or drunk people.

I will say being involved in Spaniel rescue, we get Springers in all the time because they chased or killed the chickens...
[notify]
» There has since been 337 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 4:14 pm

(Page 1 of 69: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.