Postings by Isabelle the Great

GO!

(Page 1 of 69: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Isabelle the- Great

Nothing is- greater than an- Springer!

Barked: Sat Jan 17, '15 1:27am PST 
Aren't I-5s improvements supposed to be happening soon? Just wondering.
[notify]
» There has since been 33 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 8:21 am

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Mon Jan 12, '15 2:25am PST 
http://barkpost.com/kid-bosses-pit-bulls-like-boss/?utm_source=faceb ook&utm_medium=post

Not to start arguments... but am I the only one who sees signs of stress in some of these dogs? One pants then yawns and stops (sign of stress), most of them do not looked relaxed, and at the end when the dogs rush to the food, you can see one dog snap at another dog.

For those of you who haven't seen this video... its a four year old feeding six pit bulls (who look like mastiffs mixes) by dumping food onto the floor. Its not the breed that bothers me, its the fact that this mother is creating a dangerous situation and saying its fine. I don't know but I do not think I am making up the part of seeing signs of stress in some of these dogs. Not to mention that when this situation turns dangerous... it could have been avoided by feeding each dog individually...

oh...hi!
[notify]
» There has since been 53 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 8:21 am

Choosing the Right Dog > looking for breed ideas

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Thu Jan 8, '15 3:27pm PST 
Go to a foster based rescue? That way you know what you are getting and you don't have to decide on a breed.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Yoshi, Sat 3:13 pm

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Thu Jan 1, '15 12:45pm PST 
Bunny-before this Springer tackled me to the ground, I already had owned an English Springer Spaniel (which is the reason I knew this dog that tackled me was one) plus a Cocker and a Brittany. Like I said, while I was tackled... it looked different to my grandfather who saw a strange dog tackle his granddaughter one his property.

As for how I came to rescue Springers... after my family lost Charley due to his epilepsy we wanted another dog and fell in love with a blind and deaf tri-color in Michigan. After we applied to adopt this dog...we went through our fiances and knew we wouldn't be able to afford another dog's vet bill right away so we switched to fostering. Shortly after that we received our first foster, Toby. The tackling incident really never affected me in a negative way.
[notify]
» There has since been 81 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 8:21 am

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Fri Dec 26, '14 11:45pm PST 
Not that I am defending the shooting of any dog but Indiana is one big corn/soy bean field and because of that people who live in the country think its okay to leave their dogs roam free and don't think of the consequences. My grandfather lives in the middle of no where and when I was a kid, I would be over at his house playing outside. One day this brown and white springer spaniel came out of no where and tackled me to the ground. While it wasn't vicious attack, my grandfather did not appreciate a strange dog in his yard, jumping on one of his grandchildren. He came out with his shot gun. He didn't shoot the dog... just scared it off.

These country people claim that their dogs would never hurt another animal even though the owners of the property have seen these dogs come over multiply times and chase their chickens or cattle. I don't think its fair to the farm owners whose animals are being scared and killed by free roaming dogs not to be able to defend their animals.

I will say bb gun pellets sound more like *insert whatever word not allowed on dogster here* teenagers or drunk people.

I will say being involved in Spaniel rescue, we get Springers in all the time because they chased or killed the chickens...
[notify]
» There has since been 94 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 8:21 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Rescues versus pure bred
Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Tue Dec 16, '14 10:34pm PST 
Mya looks just like the pitbull/border collie mix that was at the shelter I volunteered at. That dog was a bundle of energy and awesomeness. I would have adopted her but she needed to be the only pet.

Indiana does purebred rescue as I volunteer for English Springer Rescue America. I saw that you live in Greenfield and if you are interested in adopting a purebred, go to www.sisaveapet.com. Those are some kill shelters and they get plenty of purebreds.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Isabelle the Great, Dec 16 10:34 pm

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Wed Nov 12, '14 10:33pm PST 
Neither of the shelters charges an intake fee for animals. One has a waiting list because its privately funded while AC is public. They currently have 80 cats... I don't know... she knowingly broke her rental agreement when she got the cats... I am just irritated I guess. That's why people like you guys exist. big grin

In other news... its supposed to snow soon and unlike a majority of people here I am excited. I love the snow and winter with snow is usually what makes me happiest. I cannot be sad when I see snow falling from the sky or when I am playing in it with my Isabelle.

Toodles for now!
[notify]
» There has since been 226 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 8:21 am

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Sat Nov 8, '14 7:51pm PST 
I unfriended someone on facebook yesterday. She had two cats (six months old) and couldn't care for them anymore. She claims she tried to give them to the shelter and rehome them but no one wanted them. So she puts them in her car and drives far away from her house and abandons them... I was pissed. Poor boyfriend was trying to calm me down. Indiana... in winter... house cats... hoping someone takes them in.
[notify]
» There has since been 241 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 8:21 am

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Thu Nov 6, '14 10:19pm PST 
Its happened... I have a foster I cant give up but the problem is the rest of my family wants to adopt her out. She is everything I am looking for in a dog. Smart, trainable, alert, focused and would make a great competition dog. I think dogster Asher had an effect...affect(?) on me because the dog has some issues that she knows a lot about but there is something special about this dog. I see every time I work with her. I just cant convince them. I need to move out I think so I can keep her. My life is taken an unexpected turn too. I met someone and he is amazing but he's never had a dog and I want his first experience to be rather easy(he passed the Isabelle test)... If its meant to be with this dog, then it will be.

My mom is taking the dog to her next training session and she's open to the idea. Blah... if we hadn't been hurt so hard by the recession, I could be living on my own and not with my brother and mom... Again... if its meant to be its meant to be. I just hope its meant to be...

Thanks for listening to the rant.
[notify]
» There has since been 247 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 8:21 am

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Mon Oct 27, '14 11:23pm PST 
So Mr Buckles had breast cancer... extremely rare in male dogs and aggressive but we caught it early. Probably preaching to the choir but we wouldn't have known about the lump if my mom hadn't been brushing him... so there's another reason to brush your pups!
[notify]
» There has since been 276 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 8:21 am

(Page 1 of 69: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.