Postings by Isabelle the Great

GO!

(Page 1 of 70: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Isabelle the- Great

Nothing is- greater than an- Springer!

Barked: Sat Apr 25, '15 2:41am PST 
Bunny, I am currently laughing at people in Indiana who are surprised it snowed on Wednesday here. They keep telling me that its already spring and close to April and I tell them it happens every year...we get some Spring weather and then boom...ice storm or snow.

I went for my physical for the new job and the doctor was like 'are you aware you nose is off center, you can't tell from the outside but its been broken.' I was like yep and seventy pound dog did that. I actually went to a different doctor in February who said nothing was wrong with it...except that it bled everyday for two weeks and hurts almost every day. Good to know this second doctor actually knows what is wrong. I am thinking about getting it looked at again to stop the bleeds but I am worried that they will just re-break it... plus I haven't had a nose bleed for a couple of months now.

Thanks for the info Flicka! Since the Reformation a lot churches do not venerate the Saints but Anglican is directly from Roman Catholic and took some years to have some differences, so I was curious but to lazy to google...
[notify]
» There has since been 35 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Today 7:20 am

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Thu Apr 23, '15 10:07pm PST 
St Patrick's Day is just an excuse for people to drink and pinch. Also a large percentage of Americans say they are part Irish and feel a supposed connection to St. Patrick... My grandmother is fifty percent Irish (don't tell her that... she thinks she's 100%) and Roman Catholic so St. Patrick is a big deal.

Does the Church of England (Anglican) celebrate the Saints the way that Roman Catholics do? I studied the Protestant Reformation in detail but I always focus on the German/Lutheran side vs. Roman Catholic. I do know a little bit about King Henry VIII and his separation and creation of the Church of England but I never researched how the Church of England feels about saints, especially as the years went on after Henry VIII.

New job starts Monday...six hours left at Burger King and I will be gone for good!
[notify]
» There has since been 39 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Today 7:20 am

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Thu Apr 16, '15 9:04pm PST 
Am I heartless because I support a local shelter's decision to euthanize a dog that bit one of their volunteers? (here's the article: http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/porter/volunteer-bitten-in-face-a t-porter-county-animal-shelter/article_3a673582-b447-5731-ab22-7e491 c6e28fe.html) A lot of people are saying the dog shouldn't be euthanized and it should be given a chance but I pointed out that there aren't many rescues willing to take the dog and adopting the dog out is a liability. It just makes me mad that people are willing to let animals without bite histories and aggression die in shelters so this one dog can be saved. I really feel bad for the dog but I also realize that the shelter is making the right call for the dog. Some people are attacking me over my post and they don't know what I do for the dogs that can be saved. They don't know about the one dog I fostered that had aggression issues and that it was discussed to put her down but I knew that she would be a great dog and hired a trainer. My coordinator knew it too. My boyfriend says I shouldn't let it get to me but it does. I am not the heartless one... I am the one who took on a starved dog who is getting adopted this weekend. I am the one willing to take on a 90lbs Springer.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in the right hands, this dog can be worked with but I know that the shelter, in their right minds, cannot adopt this dog out because they could be sued and any rescue that takes him can get sued if he bites again. But I feel sorry for the perfectly healthy animals who die everyday because no one advocates for them because they don't have the heroic back story. They were simply at the wrong place at the wrong time... where is their advocate? Oh that's right... they don't have many because people are too caught up with dogs with the back story that could make a good book. I shouldn't say these dogs don't have an advocate because I know Sarah's mom takes these dogs to foster... I foster perfectly normal dogs too. And so do so many of you but it hurts me when people ignore them and petition to save dogs that have these histories while dogs without these histories die. I know it seems like I am dooming all dogs with bad histories to die... I know in the right hands they make wonderful dogs but there are not enough of those people around. I mean not everyone is like former dogster Asher's mom or Toto's mom.

The people who are talking about saving this dog are saying Akita's are dominant and the volunteer is was submitting...these are the people who want to save the dog...the people who are using outdated terms... do you know what dominating this dog will do?! It will make the issue worse. And for the love of Dogs.. why am I preaching to the choir?

I really am upset over this... I really don't want the dog to die but I don't want someone else bitten or a shelter or rescue sued because he bit again... Is this an example of circle logic?

Sorry for the long post... it just upsets me greatly that people are attacking my character without know me or listening to what I am saying. frown
[notify]
» There has since been 62 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Today 7:20 am

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Tue Apr 14, '15 7:12pm PST 
Not that I'm counting down but 8 working days at BK left... Boyfriend gave me his rice cooker/steamer/slow cooker and I have Pinterest... I may like this not working weekend thing a little too much.
[notify]
» There has since been 73 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Today 7:20 am

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Fri Apr 10, '15 5:22pm PST 
So...I finally gave notice to Burger King today...wishes wishes wishes wishes
I start my new job the 27th. I am super excited. Four ten hour days... so I get one day off during the week plus my weekends. I think Isabelle will approve. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 91 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Today 7:20 am

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Wed Apr 8, '15 8:20pm PST 
Lily and Flicka let me tell you a tale of karma. One day I was walking Isabelle and Charley on a paved path in my hometown. We were walking down the steep hill when this skateboarding kid purposely skated right at Isabelle. Since this was a steep hill... the kid couldn't stop his board and proceeded to crash into a fence that was on the bottom of the hill and to the right. Karma.

Life is good. It looks like I may be finally leaving BK and putting that non licensed degree in teaching to use. I miss working with kids and I interviewed at a daycare last week and this week I get to job shadow there for a couple of hours. I am praying and keeping my fingers crossed. Start out pay is more than I make now and my boss at BK says I can't have a raise even though I can prove I can't afford my living expenses. Of course they keep hiring managers and paying them more than me (I have been a manager for four years now). So I am saying bye bye to them. I have to get my first aid and CPR renewed and a physical and tb testing... all very doable!
[notify]
» There has since been 98 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Today 7:20 am

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Fri Apr 3, '15 11:43am PST 
Tyler, our local government passed a Religious Freedom Act that would protect religious business owner from being sued if they refused service to customers that went against their religious beliefs. Except everyone else in the country saw it as an excuse to deny service to Gay and Lesbians. Indiana citizens are not happy right now, even the Christian businesses are speaking out against this legislation. It damaged our tourism because a lot of events are moving out of state. I know they fixed it yesterday but I haven't heard what they did.
[notify]
» There has since been 126 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Today 7:20 am

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Thu Apr 2, '15 11:29pm PST 
Anyone want to know what's going on in Indiana right now? Oh wait...its all over the news. :/

Just know Indiana is more open minded than the news portrays us...or our local government...
[notify]
» There has since been 128 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Today 7:20 am

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Sat Mar 14, '15 12:22pm PST 
Foster update: Poor miss Molly is skin and bones. She also has worms, a mouth infection, underweight, and a heart murmur. We are hoping the murmur goes away with weight gain and is nothing serious. She is a sweet dog but I've only met her twice. I've been at the boyfriend's all week because he a lumbar disc replacement surgery and has titanium rods and couldn't be on his own for a week.
[notify]
» There has since been 193 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Today 7:20 am

Isabelle the- Great

Barked: Sun Mar 8, '15 4:05pm PST 
I want to teach...which is what I went to college for but my personality is way to introverted and according my college professors... I would last because I know to much about history and could care less about the standards, which hit correctly Flicka... United States history in school is more or less how the US is the greatest... how we saved the world in both world wars and a bunch of crap like that. I loved college history because it made me think about the outside world and how the world views the US.

The amount of education people have doesn't bother me. I mean I have a bachelors degree and I work as a manager at Burger King and I actually work with some extremely intelligent peeps.

Got a new foster today. She's extremely underweight, you can see her hip and ribs. My coordinator is mad because they spayed her and gave her no medications and she may have an infection. But I am away for most the week so I haven't met her.
[notify]
» There has since been 219 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Today 7:20 am

(Page 1 of 70: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.