Postings by Moira

GO!

(Page 1 of 145: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Moira

Is that for me??

Barked: Tue Jul 22, '14 4:14pm PST 
Flicka, are you yelling at me? (The caps). I watered all my own flowers yesterday. The ones on the shed meant I had to go across the rough lawn with a gallon of water in each hand. The dog walker is supposed to do it to 'pay' for the bike, but he wasn't around. He did see me coming back from buying paint for the trim on the house and stopped to see if I needed anything carried in. Sweet kid.

I put flea preventive on L & M Sunday. Today is wormer. I hope 48 hours is enough time between chemicals. I usually plan better than that. Interesting that Lucas is a shedder. I've always thought it was Moira's Lab blood that was instrumental in her shedding, even though it's long silky BC hair she sheds in the house. The undercoat I brush out in such huge amounts is short, soft and more grayish than black.
[notify]
» There has since been 301 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Tue 12:48 pm

Moira

Is that for me??

Barked: Sun Jul 13, '14 4:32am PST 
Sanka, thank you for my laugh of the day - a picture of you chasing 4 birds. Sorry. laugh out loud Honey sounds like such a nice dog. What does Kato think when he gets left home? My two do not like to be separated, though they are starting to adjust if the teenager only wants to take one at a time. They don't behave as well for him as they do for me and took off running together one day. He was sweaty and red when he arrived back here.

I took a huge amount of hair off Moira and almost none from Lily. I've never seen a dog with Siberian blood shed as little as Lily does. Do Shiba Inus have much of a coat? Moira laid on her side in the carport - we had several neighbor children stop by to see if she was okay. They thought she was hurt and I was trying to pick her up. One girl about 10 stayed to 'help'. She wants to be a veterinarian. It was nice to have someone to hold Lily while I cut her nails. Ri just offers you her paw, but not Miss Lily though she was pretty good. The girl tried to convince she had cut dogs' nails and could do Lily, but I don't think so. Nor is anyone getting hold of the Furminator. That thing is close to being a hazard.

We were supposed to have possible light rain. Ha - we had several downpours and thunder. Poor campers. It has been a cool week and due to get colder the first part of next week. Okay for me, but this is a vacation area and it is summer.

Sarah, there was a Puggle in Moira's obedience class. You described him perfectly.
[notify]
» There has since been 337 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Tue 12:48 pm

Moira

Is that for me??

Barked: Wed Jul 2, '14 5:28am PST 
My daily attempt at posting. It still reverts back to the log in page. I'll try as Moira this time.
[notify]
» There has since been 366 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Tue 12:48 pm

Moira

Is that for me??

Barked: Wed Jun 4, '14 9:49am PST 
Flicka, I am looking into it. I found an article yesterday written by a naturalist vet in Canada. Moira has several strikes against her - half Lab, a puller, etc. I will go back to a harness so there's no pressure on her neck and pick up a supplement when I see my chiropractor today. I will observe her carefully, of course. Blood work isn't always accurate - at least in humans and anything the vet has to send out is so expensive. $420 yesterday was enough for now.
[notify]
» There has since been 529 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Tue 12:48 pm

Moira

Is that for me??

Barked: Sun Jun 1, '14 9:04pm PST 
Happy birthday, Lucas. partyparty Moira says seven is a lovely age.

Yoshi. That was a school??? What were they thinking on several levels?

Ty, are you sure it's not an allergy? Do your alcoholic beverages have sulfites in them? That's a real issue for me. The cupcake sounds wonderful - but I can't have gluten, either. I am dieting, too, and for once don't even want things like that. I am ice cream addicted and have no interest in it currently. That's scary.

Sanka, I had a 35 pound ACD/Aussie nearly pull my daughter, her Sib/Husky and me into the lake. Sasha wanted a duck and we couldn't hold her. I finally got her to pay attention, but it was close. Susan and I had the leash and Sus had Blue in her other hand. Strong little dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 547 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Tue 12:48 pm

Moira

Is that for me??

Barked: Sat Apr 19, '14 9:00pm PST 
Does anyone have any ideas on how to deal with Moira's reactivity to some other dogs and some running children? The most obvious is to treat her when she does well, but with a Flexi in each hand, I don't have a hand free to do that. This evening we met a big Golden who I suspect has a problem, too, as his owner held him tightly as soon as he saw us. I reeled Ri in and thought I had her talked by him (he was straining toward her, but not barking) when she went off. In the mean time, I wasn't paying any attention to Lily and she bounced over and gave him a kiss so he, like Moira, is selective. Lily was fine, Ria wasn't. Lily doesn't have a reactive bone in he body and I think dogs sense that. Moira didn't until she was attacked by a big German Shorthair - now it's "I'm going to get you before you get me" with certain dogs. Trouble is she's small (34 pounds) and not very strong. Running children, especially boys, are another problem. We passed a rambunctious trio. Lily was cowering because they were playing with sticks (one of her fears) and Ri went off on one who ran too close to us. Protective? Yes. Defensive? Yes. A little brat???? Of course I had Ri locked down so she didn't touch the child and he wasn't the type to be frightened. It just doesn't make evening walks when there is so much activity in the area very enjoyable.
[notify]
» There has since been 868 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Tue 12:48 pm

Moira

Is that for me??

Barked: Fri Mar 21, '14 7:26pm PST 
Yesterday I heard the Spring birds singing. Tonight they are probably huddled in a thicket because the snow is really coming down. Welcome Spring!! I want to schedule foot surgery for after my perennial flowers are all taken care of and the annuals planted. At this rate, I won't be ready the first week in June - better try for the middle of the month. Stores have lawn furniture out. I told one clerk that it'd look lovely perched on a snow bank. She didn't see the humor.

Oh, my poor little rescue dog. I washed Moira's bedding. Yesterday at nap time she couldn't get comfy. She was on my bed plus her egg crate foam and Sherpa bed was there along with her leopard print bolster, but there was NO microfleece throw to use to make a nest. How sad!!! Today they have their throws back. Lily is using hers (folded) for a pillow and Moira has hers arranged just so inside the bolster. She is so funny. Last night she was hungry early. First she brought me her bowl. Then she brought me a toy as a bribe. ETA: Moira's rescue was 5 1/2 years ago which is what makes all this drama so funny.
[notify]
» There has since been 1107 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Tue 12:48 pm

Moira

Is that for me??

Barked: Sat Mar 15, '14 9:25am PST 
Dunlop. I can picture it because it sounds like something I'd do. The biggest issue would be the door swinging on its hinges!!

Sunny today but we will traveling to find a walking spot. My street is frozen ruts. Not good for Lily or me. Ri wouldn't have any trouble.
[notify]
» There has since been 1160 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Tue 12:48 pm

Moira

Is that for me??

Barked: Thu Feb 20, '14 3:09pm PST 
Tyler, I'd want x-rays now. Intervertebral disc disease can go bad so quickly and the window for surgical intervention isn't large. I hope the Dr prescribed crate rest. I lost my ACD/Aussie to IVDD. The damage was too extensive from the kicking and beating she endured with her first owner.

Nasty weather here. Sleet and freezing rain with an occasional snow shower. A good evening to stay home and fold clothes while I watch the Olympics. The folding has been ignored while I've been painting my kitchen. Not good!

Dogs may not get walked. Yesterday I told them we couldn't go unless I found a back brace. Within 30 seconds Moira brought me one.
[notify]
» There has since been 1381 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Tue 12:48 pm

Moira

Is that for me??

Barked: Fri Feb 14, '14 9:27pm PST 
I love the crocus. Who knows when we'll see ours? 125" of snow by Feb 4 and it's still coming down, plus the low temps haven't allowed much melting. I worry about the perennials under the compacted snow that came crashing off the roof. It's 6 feet high in places. Big Lots had rose bushes on display. I'm afraid they'll grow in the store before we have ground open to put them in. I'm hoping for a slow thaw or we'll be under water next. The frost is down 70" in parts of town so there is nowhere for the melting snow to go.

I bought Moira a stuffless toy today with 19 squeakers.shock Any one want to guess how it will be before there are none. I don't usually buy the dogs toys, but I couldn't resist this one.
[notify]
» There has since been 1447 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Tue 12:48 pm

(Page 1 of 145: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.