GO!

(Page 1 of 19: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  

Plus Contests > OCT Photo Challenge.... WIND!
Ch. Ali, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!

Barked: Wed Oct 9, '13 3:02pm PST 
Well, here is MY contribution... I do not like wind when Mom has just brushed out my ears!!!

Don't you just hate it when you get your hair all styled and nice and then along comes some wind.
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by , Jan 12 8:59 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Oversized Shepherds?
Ch. Ali, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!

Barked: Sun Sep 8, '13 4:30pm PST 
The 50% is the number based on the formula... supposedly, it would approach that with 100 puppies born. BUT, real life doesn't always follow the formula, in my pups there was a total of FOUR pups out of the three litters...one clear and three carriers.
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by , Oct 2 5:14 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Oversized Shepherds?

Ch. Ali, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!

Barked: Sun Sep 8, '13 2:13pm PST 
Delta, Wiki IS right... there is no possibility of DM in a litter of Clear bred to Carrier... all the pups will either be clear OR carriers, neither of which can ever develop the disease, therefore, it is totally safe to do this type of breeding.
The same is true of PRA in toy poodles. Ali is a carrier, however she produced three litters of which ALL the pups except one became Champions. All were tested and, as luck would have it, the two I kept were both carriers BUT again, bred to clears, there is no possible way they could EVER produce PRA, so it certainly did not cause any blind puppies.
You cannot throw out an entire breed based on whether or not they may be carriers for a recessive condition, to do so would be fatal for the entire breed in terms of other breed characteristics. Responsible breeders test and breed either clear to clear OR clear to carrier. There is no chance of the condition appearing in the offspring by breeding this way.
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by , Oct 2 5:14 pm

Dog Health > Pee Pee Problem (uti)?

Ch. Ali, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!

Barked: Tue Jun 25, '13 6:03pm PST 
Did they just put her on antibiotics without checking her urine??? Stones usually show up in a urinalysis.
Most of my spayed girls run around peeing on things without actually releasing any urine, or maybe only a drop or two. I consider that perfectly normal.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jun 25 9:44 pm

Dog Health > Plaque and Tartar on canine teeth

Ch. Ali, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!

Barked: Thu Jun 13, '13 12:51pm PST 
I have toy breeds and the only ones who have ANY tartar are the ones who WON'T chew on the RMB's they get weekly. Those two get a hand scaling every time I groom them.
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by , Jun 20 4:41 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Ch. Ali, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!

Barked: Tue Jun 11, '13 12:20pm PST 
Jem, not true in poodles. Maybe a problem with hard coats like terriers??? ALL my show guys were clipped close often as puppies to get rid of the puppy coats faster. Ali was also stripped /chewed by Toto. Here is a photo of her at the Poodle Club of America Specialty... coat looks pretty darn good to me!!!

Ali in show finery.
[notify]
» There has since been 5031 posts. Last posting by , Today 12:17 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > I have a question

Ch. Ali, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!

Barked: Tue Jun 4, '13 5:18pm PST 
First of all, there is no such thing as a "micro" or a "teacup" anything! Those are advertising labels that pet stores and BYB's attach to dogs to make them more marketable(?).
A true yorkie, bred to the AKC breed standard is a dog which only weighs between 4 and 6 lbs. This does not make it a micro or mini or toy or any of those terms.
Why is it any different for you to object to breed names attached to your dog yet it is perfectly fine and dandy for YOU to attach these names to another dog????
Seems like a double standard to me.
I have 5 and 6 lb toy poodles and also have labs...those toy poodles are no more "weird" or "freakish" than any other dog and do the same doggy things my labs do, ie hiking, camping, kayaking, etc.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Jun 5 6:21 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Ever "misjudged" a breed?

Ch. Ali, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!

Barked: Tue May 14, '13 10:37pm PST 
While on poodles...as a groomer I had NEVER met a toy or mini poodle that I could stand!! I would NEVER own of of those! They were sickly, snappy, and had nasty teeth and anal glands.
I got my first poodle, a mini, just to breed, frankly. All the poodles I met were horrible specimens, both mentally and physically, and no one around here had any choice other than to buy one of these from the local pet stores, for ridiculous prices.
I knew a few good poodle breeders and with their help, I could offer some healthy, sound pups. I would do some obedience with her, but I WOULD NEVER CONSIDER MYSELF A POODLE PERSON.
The rest is history...fast forward ten years...I now have a house full of toy and mini poodles (all now neutered!), and I will always have toy poodles. I an totally and hopelessly in love with them!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 33 posts. Last posting by , May 23 10:58 pm

Ch. Ali, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!

Barked: Sun Apr 7, '13 8:55pm PST 
Ali actually looks better but the majority of that black skin is dead. Gonna try a warm bath tomorrow. Now she is feeling better but is itchy.
[notify]
» There has since been 6157 posts. Last posting by , Today 12:17 pm

Ch. Ali, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!

Barked: Sat Apr 6, '13 4:17pm PST 
As bad as that looks, she IS feeling MUCH better tonight, and no fever yet so hopefully it will heal okay. I am putting Neosporin on it to keep it moist, and she is wearing a shirt.
I posted as her, you can see the photos without copying and pasting on her page. Someday I will learn roll overs!!! (Maybe?)
Otherwise, we had over 100 dogs and cats at our Rabies clinic... good cuz half the price from each goes into our rescue fund, which is BADLY needed. And, sadly, we euthanized our first rescue dog in THIRTEEN YEARS last week. It was an older (14?) Beagle who had severe dental issues and had been here for almost a year. She was losing weight and not doing well, NO ONE would adopt her and it didn't make sense to spend the bucks on the dental work without spending even more to find out what else was going on and times are tough and I just couldn't justify that much money on a dog her age. Sad, but we certainly tried!!!
On a better note... Smokey Foster is boarding with us again this weekend. He is doing PERFECT with his new family...they couldn't be happier, nor could we, nor could HE. He's been a year with them this month, in fact, I think it was a year ago this weekend that they picked him up!!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 6181 posts. Last posting by , Today 12:17 pm

(Page 1 of 19: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.