Postings by Karu

GO!

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Guess the breed mix
Karu

Misbehaved Mutt

Barked: Fri Aug 2, '13 3:36pm PST 
The second DNA tests comes back as only Rottweiler present and this one supposely tests anything with at least 5%. I've seen test results all over the board before but never nothing.
Probably think I'm crazy but I really think Beglian Malinois. It can explain everything about him that rottweiler can't.
The coat/fur. Hes a red sable and when he was younger had a black saddle that disappeared. He still has a few black tipped hairs. The combination of the two both scream Shepard to me. His ears are semi-erect pointing to a dog with erect ears. Hes got eye-liner. Small/ thin frame. Hes strong but does not have the muscular build of a rottie and hes short, only 20in at the shoulder. His tail was docked which to me would be for one of three reason, medical but this isn't common and i got him at a year old. The breed/owner was trying to pass him off as a purebred rottie. But come on hes red. Or he was purposely bred. I always thought german shepard but both DNA tests failed to pick up on that. But neither tested for belgian malinois. Maybe I'm crazy but it really does seem to fit.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Karu, Aug 2 3:36 pm

Belgian Malinois > Could he be a Malinois mix?
Karu

Misbehaved Mutt

Barked: Wed Jul 31, '13 7:27am PST 
. We adopted Karu 5 years ago when he was 1 1/2. What we know about him he appears to have been purposely bred given his neatly docked tail. He had the remainer of a black saddle when I got him that had disappeared by time he was 2. He's not only red but sable in color with shoulder blazes. His ears had become more erect with age. He's a shed monster, especially in spring and fall. He's 53lbs and 20ins at the shoulder.
He's been DNA tested twice. I know DNA tests are highly inaccurate but I expected to find something other than purebred Rottweiler which he is obvious not. We always suppected shepard but both tests have ruled out german shepard. Could he have Belgian Malinois in him? Who best to see those triats in him than people who know the breed.
This is a mystery that has haunted me for 5 years. It will probably never be solved but I would love to hear ideas.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Keira, Dec 3 8:32 am

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Guess the breed mix

Karu

Misbehaved Mutt

Barked: Tue Jul 30, '13 8:37pm PST 
I've had Karu for 5 years and I always love hearing people's guesses to his breed makeup. We did have him DNA tested with partial results, we do know hes part rottweiler. Likely hes a mix of more than 2 breeds. Hes full grown at 53lbs. Anybody want to take a guess?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Karu, Aug 2 3:36 pm

Dogs & Travel > soft kennel recommendations

Karu

Misbehaved Mutt

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 7:05am PST 
I'm trying to find my boy a travel/soft kennel/crate. its so hard to determine if one is any good over product descriptions. Any recommendations? He's 55 lbs. I'm looking for one with easy set up. I have one now with detectable poles that u need to take in and out for set up and its just a pain. Perfer smaller "windows" or one with window/side covers. Of course needs to be affordable (I'm broke, lol) and durable. Any suggestions?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Conker, Mar 1 6:31 am

Dog Health > Pet Insurance recommendations

Karu

Misbehaved Mutt

Barked: Tue Oct 19, '10 12:14pm PST 
ooohh I do like Pets Best. Do you know if they increase rates due to a pet's aging?

Pet first is awesome because the pets share a pool of coverage. The preferred plan is $12,000. I'm very sure its possibly but I don't see both dogs costing me that much in one year. I really hope not. As far as I read they don't increase rates for aging and they don't discriminate against breeds. That I am able to tell at least. You can customize the plans to take off the routine care or you get $250.00 per pet per year. As you can tell I'm really leaning towards them. Has any one had any experience with them?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Oct 20 12:11 am

Dog Health > Pet Insurance recommendations
Karu

Misbehaved Mutt

Barked: Tue Oct 19, '10 10:42am PST 
After experiencing still increasing vet cost with my cat, I've decided to get a insurance plan for the two dogs. And the cat if she survives cry
Does any one have any recommendations for what company to go with? Obviously we want a good coverage for a good price. I dont care so much about continuous coverage for conditions but I do want something that will cover cancer costs. If it covers shots and other regular vet costs than awesome but not a requirement.
I was looking at FirstPet because I really like their family plan. But I noticed they raised than prices from last time I looked and not too please about that. I was also looking at PetPlan which doesn't seem too expensive for decent coverage. But I want to shop around some more before committing.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Oct 20 12:11 am

Sports & Agility > Roller Skating/Blading

Karu

Misbehaved Mutt

Barked: Wed Mar 10, '10 4:41pm PST 
When I was younger I rollerbladed with a previous dog, never had a problem at all. I even did it with 2 dogs with no problems besides what was mentioned, the stopping. I tried it once with Karu, we went at a slow pace and worked great for the first 2 blocks then he cut in front of me... the result was a broken arm and lots of medical bills. I never touched the things again. I said if you were going to do it make sure your dog knows to stay on one side of you.

I also biked with the previous dog with no problems.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Bianca CGC TT HIC Thd ♥, Apr 4 8:26 pm

Dog Health > Need Help ASAP!!

Karu

Misbehaved Mutt

Barked: Fri Nov 27, '09 10:54am PST 
He brought her to the e-vet last night. they trimmed it and closed it with glue and shes on antibiotics. They think it looks like it was caught on a fence or she ran up against a nail on a fence rather. But I checked my whole back yard 4 times and bf did too and there is nothing we could find. I did find a stick in the bf's house though that had a wedged end like it had been cut and it appeared to have had something on it, not water, but it was marked like it had something on it . I'm thinking that could have been it and I didn't realize when I picked her up. But the vet said it was unlikely. We probably will never know. Shes moping around cause she can't go play but she'll be ok.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by quigley, Nov 27 11:24 am

Karu

Misbehaved Mutt

Barked: Thu Nov 26, '09 4:35pm PST 
Thanks. When I found it, it looked like it had happened maybe an hour or so ago. Still very much red with not signs infection or healing. I know that doesn't mean its not infected. Hoping the bf wont kill me
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by quigley, Nov 27 11:24 am

Karu

Misbehaved Mutt

Barked: Thu Nov 26, '09 3:53pm PST 
I called the E-Vet, well whoever answers the phones at least and they said it doesn't sound life threatening and can wait until tomorrow. I'm still freaking out. I put some antibiotic ointment on a non stick bandage and wrapped that to her side. But now I'm worried I shouldn't be covering it. Until I put the bandage on she was acting like nothing was wrong, now shes just upset cause she was the wrap/bandage off her. I feel so horribly bad.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by quigley, Nov 27 11:24 am

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.