Postings by Willie

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Food & Nutrition > Bestbullysticks alternative?
Willie

Barked: Wed Mar 27, '13 1:48pm PST 
My typical order with bestbullysticks.com has gone up almost 25% over the past year and the quality of their products seem to be declining. On top of that, their service also seems to have eteriorated. For exsample, I placed a 3 item order on Sunday night and they just told me it won't ship until Thursday or Friday. I've ordered alot from them ove the past 4 years bu I think I've has enough.

Can anyone suggest an aletranative site to order bullysticks and treats and chews?

Your suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Tessie, Mar 31 2:42 pm

Food & Nutrition > Anyone lose weight on grain free?????
Willie

Barked: Mon Oct 13, '08 3:35pm PST 
I was wondering the same thing because Willie has been on grain free since July when I transitioned him off the puppy food he was fed at the shelter. Willie was just weighed today and he actually lost 1.5 pounds over the last 2 months. I thought that was unsual for a 15 month old.

I guess without all the carbs it works the Atkins diet. Anyway, he's happy, extremely energetic and his coat is great so I guess the grain free is working just fine. applause
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Maya, Oct 14 5:16 am

Dogster Video > Great Video 0f Soldier returning home from Iraq

Willie

Barked: Mon Oct 13, '08 3:23pm PST 
I really love this video clip.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=147_1223108811
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Jovi, NPC, CEGE, Oct 22 5:36 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Advantages/Disadvantages of a 2nd dog

Willie

Barked: Fri Aug 29, '08 9:57am PST 
Thanks for the great advice. It's a tough decision and your comments really helped.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Keiko (4/8/98-12/5/12) , Sep 10 10:27 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Advantages/Disadvantages of a 2nd dog

Willie

Barked: Thu Aug 28, '08 3:32pm PST 
Hi All,

We adopted Willie in April and he's a great pup that loves playing with other dogs. We are considering adopting another companion. I am hoping some of you owners of multiple pups can share the advantages and disadvantages.

Thankssmile
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Keiko (4/8/98-12/5/12) , Sep 10 10:27 am

Food & Nutrition > Questions about EVO and rotation
Willie

Barked: Tue Aug 12, '08 3:26pm PST 
Thank you both. I appreciate your ideas and suggestions. happy dance
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Fungi, BH, Aug 26 1:35 pm

Food & Nutrition > Questions about EVO and rotation

Willie

Barked: Tue Aug 12, '08 11:05am PST 
Willie was adopted from the Humane Society in April as a 10 month old. I kept him on Science Diet puppy for a month then transitioned him to Merrick. He did well on Merrick but I wanted to rotate so in July I began feeding EVO Red Meat. Willie is doing great on EVO, his poops are tight, his coat is gleaming ans he has developed great muscle mass. Now my questions:

1) is EVO too rich in protein (42%) for a non working dog? Willie gets about 2 hours of strenous evercise every day.
2) If EVO is working, does it make sense to continue to rotate? I was planning on going to either Wellness of TOTW next.

I appreciate any thoughts on the above questions.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Fungi, BH, Aug 26 1:35 pm

Food & Nutrition > The Parody of "Natural"

Willie

Barked: Sun Jul 6, '08 5:54am PST 
Here is a good definition of Organic from Wikipedia.

Certification & Product Labeling

Being able to put the word "organic" on a food product is a valuable marketing advantage in today's consumer market. Certification is intended to protect consumers from misuse of the term, and make buying organics easy. However, the organic labeling made possible by certification itself usually requires explanation.

In the US, federal organic legislation defines three levels of organics. Products made entirely with certified organic ingredients and methods can be labeled "100% organic". Products with at least 95% organic ingredients can use the word "organic". Both of these categories may also display the USDA organic seal. A third category, containing a minimum of 70% organic ingredients, can be labeled "made with organic ingredients". In addition, products may also display the logo of the certification body that approved them. Products made with less than 70% organic ingredients can not advertise this information to consumers and can only mention this fact in the product's ingredient statement. Similar percentages and labels apply in the EU.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Willie, Jul 6 5:54 am

Food & Nutrition > The Parody of "Natural"

Willie

Barked: Sat Jul 5, '08 9:27am PST 
Natural doesn’t necessarily mean healthy. Here is the definition of Natural and Organic:

Food and Nutrition: natural foods

A term widely used but with little meaning and sometimes misleading since all foods come from natural sources. No legal definition seems possible but guidelines suggest the term should be applied only to single foods that have been subjected only to mild processing, i.e. largely by physical methods such as heating, concentrating, freezing, etc., but not chemically or ‘severely’ processed.

Food and Nutrition: organic foods

A term that has acquired the meaning of foods grown under natural conditions (without the use of inorganic fertilizers, pesticides, or herbicides; and either not processed, or processed without the use of additives). The term, when used on food labels, has no legal meaning. In some states of North America, it is used to indicate food grown in places where no pesticides are used, or that no chemicals are added to the feed and water given to the animals. According to the Manual of nutrition, a Ministry of Fisheries and Agriculture (UK) booklet, ‘There is little difference between organic and non-organic produce in terms of nutritional value, which is largely determined by the species of plant or animal’. Advocates of organic food would dispute this statement.

These are really just marketing terms with no concrete definitions. However, I think that in order to be labeled Certified Organic you must pass a stringent test. I’ll try looking up the requirements.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Willie, Jul 6 5:54 am

Food & Nutrition > I have a Snide Comment!!!
Willie

Barked: Fri Jul 4, '08 5:11am PST 
Sadly Nallah, the price of all food, not just corn, has gone up. Alot of corn is now being used to produce ethanol which has driven up the corn prices. This in turn drives up the prices to feed the animals used in premium foods. Just look at the price of milk for an example.
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by HedwigGir ★, Jul 8 10:47 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.