Postings by Pua'ena-Rest In Peace

GO!

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Sherlock

Pua'ena-Rest- In Peace

Vive la Bay- Area!

Barked: Tue May 8, '12 3:20am PST 
Hugs to you hughughug I think I know a little bit of how you're feeling, as I lost my beloved Pua'ena in February and I'm still in pain-I miss her soooo much, every second.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Pua'ena-Rest In Peace, May 8 3:20 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Love you sweetheart.
Pua'ena-Rest- In Peace

Vive la Bay- Area!

Barked: Sun Apr 8, '12 11:24pm PST 
Rest in Peace, dear Lucky. Sounds like he lived a full and wonderful life and he was loved immensely by his family. Thank you for sharing all of those sweet memories. My thoughts are with you. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Pua'ena-Rest In Peace, Apr 8 11:24 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > My Dear Friend I will always love you and miss you.

Pua'ena-Rest- In Peace

Vive la Bay- Area!

Barked: Thu Mar 8, '12 7:52pm PST 
Rest in Peace, sweet and beautiful Kilo.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by (retired)minister misty, Mar 13 11:47 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > did you get to hold them?

Pua'ena-Rest- In Peace

Vive la Bay- Area!

Barked: Fri Feb 17, '12 3:04pm PST 
I am so very sorry for your loss. When my Pua'ena was rapidly declining and having neurological problems (agitation, seizures, shakes), I took her in to the Emergency Vet at 4 a.m. The vet said that immediate euthanasia was the best option as Pua'ena would only get worse if I treated her or took her home. I was in shock. Everyone at that office was so compassionate and patient, and ended up giving me 11 hours to stay with Pua'ena to make phone calls, cradle her suffering body, talk to her, weep on her fur, and finally, to make the decision. 11 hours...and they did give me the option to stay with her during the injection, and I definitely was going to be there during Pua'ena's final moments on earth. She was a pound dog so she always had separation anxiety...and she had always been by my side ever since I adopted her...so it made sense, although it was probably the MOST painful and saddest thing I've ever done. I'm glad I was there for her, and my voice and touch were the last things she remembered.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Wylie the Wonder Dog - RIP, Feb 20 1:22 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Dexter taken unexpectedly, I'm in agony.

Pua'ena-Rest- In Peace

Vive la Bay- Area!

Barked: Sun Feb 5, '12 5:50pm PST 
I am so very sorry for your loss. hughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Feb 17 9:12 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > My house is so empty now
Pua'ena-Rest- In Peace

Vive la Bay- Area!

Barked: Sat Feb 4, '12 6:35pm PST 
I just wanted to thank all of you for your compassion, kindness and understanding and for sharing your deeply personal experiences; it really means the world to me that others truly understand. I'm taking it one day at a time, although being in this empty house without my dear Pua'ena still makes me burst into tears. I miss her quietly snoozing in her corner, her super loud, sloppy way of drinking water, her befuddlement when faced with squirrels, that quick pricking of the ears and "thump thump thump" of the tail whenever I woke up and came home after work, her love of mashed potatoes, her goofy faces and play stances, her obsessive chewing on squeaky toys at odd hours of the night...and...I guess it's not just about being in the house. She and I went everywhere together; we had a million adventures and mishaps and any time I'm in a beautiful, natural spot, I'm going to be flooded with those memories. I even bought my first car and house with her comfort in mind. Gosh, I really gave a lot of love to her and was paid back a million times over. That's the wonder of having "a good dog"...
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Pua'ena-Rest In Peace, Feb 4 6:35 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > RIP Max!

Pua'ena-Rest- In Peace

Vive la Bay- Area!

Barked: Fri Feb 3, '12 12:20pm PST 
Rest in Peace, Max. He sounds like such a strong, brave and adaptable dog. And you did everything for him to make sure he had a good life. My thoughts are with you during this difficult time. hughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Milly - 12/11/1997 - 3/29/2010, Feb 4 10:16 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > My house is so empty now

Pua'ena-Rest- In Peace

Vive la Bay- Area!

Barked: Wed Feb 1, '12 4:15pm PST 
I just came home from the emergency vet's where I just had my beloved dog euthanized. She had been suffering from various progressive ailments, including a cancerous tumor obstruction that was causing her to weaken (she couldn't stand at all), become disoriented and have seizures. I knew that I would have to say goodbye, inevitably, but it feels so excruciatingly painful. When I lifted her to the car for the drive to the vet's, her body was totally limp and she had none of her typical spunk and spark...none...it was really a clear sign to me that this was it. Everything the doctor said made sense-'she is suffering so much and will only get worse if you try interventions or take her home again'-but I just wanted to delay the final decision. After 10 hours of soul-searching and just loving and cuddling my sweet one for the final time, the deed was done. I'm home now and all of my dog's stuff lying around just makes me break down in tears again and again. It's really sad. I do know that she is not suffering any more, and she had a rich and fulfilling life, and she was very loved. Still...
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Pua'ena-Rest In Peace, Feb 4 6:35 pm

Senior Dogs > it's so hard to see my dog age

Pua'ena-Rest- In Peace

Vive la Bay- Area!

Barked: Tue Jan 31, '12 12:09am PST 
My sweet mixed breed 50 lb. dog is now 16 years 7 months old and suffering from a variety of conditions e.g. arthitis, torn ACL, semi-blindness and deafness, cancerous bladder tumor. She is starting to have difficulty just standing and lying down and losing her appetite. It is heartbreaking for me to see her struggle. I have her on prescribed meds for her joints, pain and tumor and have modified my house to keep her comfortable. She has always been a happy-go-lucky, active dog but now she's been whining, moaning and even growling if I try to help her to her bed, or just get up from where she's collapsed. Any advice or thoughts on interventions I haven't tried would be appreciated!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Jan 31 5:08 am

Dog Health > Arthritis in 16-year-old dog-need advice
Pua'ena-Rest- In Peace

Vive la Bay- Area!

Barked: Wed Jan 25, '12 1:12am PST 
I have a 16-year-old hound mix with progressing arthritis and a torn ACL. She is really having a hard time getting up from naps and walking; she'll collapse sometimes from a standing position and look unhappy (tucks her tail, hangs her head). She is at her ideal weight, has a comfy bed, takes prescribed Metacam, takes a Cosequin supplement with chondroitin and glucosamine, and eats supplemented senior food and senior treats. I know she is getting on in years, particularly for a larger dog, but it is so sad to see her struggle and suffer. Is there anything else I could do for her to help her get through the day? Thanks for your kind help and advice.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Wellington 4/14/01 - 2/18/13, Feb 4 10:40 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.