GO!

(Page 1 of 41: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > What is this bump?
Sophie, SD

Mommy is- thankful for ME!

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '12 4:53pm PST 
She was vaccinated in June but bc she is a Great Pyr it is highly possible that she developed it then and we never noticed it. It was by "luck" we found it this time. We were able to move the vet appt up to tomorrow morning at 7am. As hard as it is, I know this momma needs to chill.

I have done a lot of research on Mast Cell Tumors bc everytime something shows up on one of my babies, I'm scared to death that's what it is. While I know it's not a definite guide line, all the reading says it happens most often in dogs 8-10 yrs old. She is 4. Grasping at straws to stay calm until I see the vet, maybe, but that does make me feel better.

Oh, she does has a microchip. She did develop a huge lump after a puppy vaccination 4 years ago. I thought that, maybe, it didn't go away completely and this was what was left of it. One thing I do wish is that it just wasn't there.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Oct 16 7:28 pm

Dog Health > What is this bump?
Sophie, SD

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '12 10:51am PST 
Saturday night we found a bump on Sophie's back. It's right on her back bone, just below her shoulder blades. It's pea sized, hard, and unattached (moved with the skin).

We have a vet appt Wed (the soonest we could get in), but if anyone has any thoughts...this freaked our momma would appreciate it!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Oct 16 7:28 pm

Dog Health > The ear infection saga continues

Sophie, SD

Barked: Wed Aug 17, '11 5:34pm PST 
Background for those that don't know what was/is going on:

Sophie has been fighting an ear infection since Januaryish. We'd do a course of meds and it would clear up (or seem cleared up) and then it would be right back. We went round and round with this with the last course being a 2 1 /2 mo course of daily momentemax. It came right back. So, then the vet packed her ear.

Within days of the packing being dissolved, the ear was full of puss again. Last Friday, they went in and sedated her and did a deep cleaning. She has a ruptured ear drum but the vet says he thinks it will heal. There was no foreign body or anything in her ear. So, they did the cleaning and packed it again. That's where we are at. I hope this gets it. They say it should. Well, it better.

On the same day...

Harley had to have what we thought was going to be a lymph node biopsy. About a month ago I found what felt like an enlarged lymph node on his left groin. Vet said others were fine, watch it. It was still the same, maybe slightly larger, so the vet wanted to go in and get a good look at it and probably do a biopsy. *Cue Mommy heart attack* It turns out he had a lipoma over the lymph node.

What is it with my kids wanting to spend every penny I have? (joking....if they need it, they get it!)
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 17 5:34 pm

Dog Health > The eat infetion that won't got away!

Sophie, SD

Barked: Wed Jul 27, '11 1:16pm PST 
This is her first health issue ever, other than the allergies that are pretty well controlled (assuming this isn't an allergy issue). I'm hoping its a fluke and this kills it.

I did try raw and my guys looked at me like I was a savage. They won't eat raw meat at all. They won't touch it. So, if I went off kibble (they eat Wellness Core), I'd have to do home cooked. That's problematic because I am disabled and the nature of my disability prevents me from being able to cook. So, I need to try to make high quality, holistic kibble work if it is possible. Now, if it doesn't, and any one of them have continuous problems and we can't find one that will work, we will figure it out. I'm not going to make my babies be sick. I'm not saying that. But, it would be extremely difficult to do.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jul 27 1:16 pm

Sophie, SD

Barked: Wed Jul 27, '11 10:28am PST 
Snickers...We already know that she has food allergies and what they are. She eats one of the best dog foods there is, and her treats are also safe. We are hypervigilant with her diet. I highly doubt her allergies are the cause. IF this doesn't kill it, and a further examination doesn't show an obvious cause, I will have her tested again to make sure another allergy hasn't propped up.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jul 27 1:16 pm

Sophie, SD

Barked: Tue Jul 26, '11 3:50pm PST 
I'm sorry for the delay in responding. We had a death in the family and my access has been spotty.

He did do a culture and it was trigasomethin. I don't remember. Last week he packed it with an antibiotic that dissolves slowly. We went back this week and he said her ears look good (we've been here before) and the antibiotic is about 90% dissovled. So, maybe its fixed? If not, we will insist on doing something more drastic like sedating her and going in to find the problem. We had wondered if there was a foreign body of some sort.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jul 27 1:16 pm

Sophie, SD

Barked: Wed Jul 20, '11 10:13am PST 
It's a bacterial ear infection. She eats Wellness Core Ocean formula.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Jul 27 1:16 pm

Sophie, SD

Barked: Mon Jul 18, '11 3:22pm PST 
Thyroid levels have been checked. Our other two are hypothyroid so we keep an eye on hers just to be safe, and hers are fine. She does have allergies but we are strict on her diet.
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by , Jul 27 1:16 pm

Sophie, SD

Barked: Sat Jul 16, '11 1:14pm PST 
Sophie has been fighting an ear infection since January. The vet put her on Momentomax (sp?) and it will take care of it (or so it seems) and everything looks good, but within 2 weeks, the infection comes back. In early May, when it came back, the vet said we'll do a long course of treatment (all others had been 2 weeks) and that should kill it. We started with 2 bottles (about 6 weeks), and when we had her checked in mid June, he said it looked like it was about 90% cleared out, so we did one more bottle. We got to the end of the meds Wednesday. Well, we stopped it with about 4 days worth left in case it did come back so we would have some to get her some relief until we could get back into the vet.

Thursday night, she started shaking her head again. Last night her daddy noticed it was full of puss already.

What is going on? Why can't we kill the ear infection?? She does have food allergies but she's on a strict diet, so that's not it. The vet had said that if this last treatment didn't fix it, he'd pack her ears. We do have an apt for Tuesday (earliest possible and its a work in). Anyone have any ideas?
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by , Jul 27 1:16 pm

Dog Health > I NEED some Heat Help!!!
Sophie, SD

Barked: Mon Mar 28, '11 6:23pm PST 
You may never see any discharge. Sophie's heats are so clean that I haven't ever seen any discharge at all. Exactly when you will see the discharge, if you do, will vary a bit by dog. Some dogs have longer heats than others.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Mar 29 4:24 am

(Page 1 of 41: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.