Lucy

Barked: Mon Dec 28, '09 3:09pm PST 
Excellent advice Bailey!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Gabrielle, Dec 28 5:39 pm

Grooming > How to brush her teeth safely
Lucy

Barked: Tue Dec 8, '09 5:35pm PST 
I use chicken flavored toothpaste (yummy) and Lucy loves the taste. She does not love the actual brushing but at least she gets some pleasure out of it.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Effie May, Dec 23 3:29 pm

Grooming > Pulling ear hair from a Cocker Spaniel

Lucy

Barked: Thu Dec 3, '09 6:27pm PST 
A cocker should not have much hair inside the ear to pluck. I would clip well around the ear. Cockers are very prone to ear problems. It is wonderful of you to take care of him.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Cooper, Dec 5 8:22 pm

Grooming > New York Clip

Lucy

Barked: Mon Nov 30, '09 7:39pm PST 
I love the book " Notes from the grooming table ". I think it is easy to follow. I think the belly band should be back more. I never get requests for that style but I do like it. Would be fun to do something different for a change. Your husband has a talent.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Dec 1 10:13 am

Grooming > Groomer gifts? (If you're a groomer-- what would you like?)

Lucy

Barked: Sun Nov 29, '09 3:08pm PST 
Cash is great! It is so appreciated the weeks before Christmas when I need to pick up last minute gifts or shop for holiday dinner. If I do not need to pull out my mac card or credit card, I am happy.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by ACE, Dec 5 10:39 am

Grooming > New York Clip
Lucy

Barked: Sun Nov 29, '09 3:02pm PST 
The placement of the pattern seems a bit off, but otherwise I find it hard to beleive he is a novice. The haircut looks way too neat for a beginner.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Dec 1 10:13 am

Grooming > Groomer gifts? (If you're a groomer-- what would you like?)

Lucy

Barked: Mon Nov 23, '09 1:34pm PST 
It is always nice when someone goes through the effort of bringing me an actual gift and I do appreciate the thought, but honestly I can always use cash or a gift certificate more around the holidays.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by ACE, Dec 5 10:39 am

Grooming > Grooming etiquette

Lucy

Barked: Wed Nov 18, '09 2:21pm PST 
Don't feel bad Kodie. I do not know of any official rules regarding tipping groomers. I really think most people just don't think about it because of that reason. Only about half of my customers always tip and more will tip around the holidays. I would think it should be the same rule as with your hairdresser.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Zoey, Nov 21 8:28 am

Grooming > Too young to groom

Lucy

Barked: Sun Nov 15, '09 1:53pm PST 
The sooner the better in my opinion to get a puppy used to the process. I do warn my customers that it is difficult to get them looking great since they usually don't handle things well and the soft puppy coat is difficult to get a perfect look. Sometimes for a first groom I will only do the basics (feet and face) as to not make it unpleasent for the pup.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Henry, Nov 23 9:51 am

Grooming > Grooming etiquette
Lucy

Barked: Sun Nov 15, '09 4:55am PST 
Tips are always appreciated and I do not know the rule as far as percent given. I get average $5 to $10 a dog (unfortunatley not all tip).
I would not spend the money on teeth cleaning unless you are keeping up with it at home. When I worked at a chain grooming business, they would just use a teeth cleaning pad, wipe over the teeth and charge $10 dollars. Unless you are doing this on an almost daily basis, once a month at the groomers is not enough and it makes the customer think they don't need to do anything else.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Zoey, Nov 21 8:28 am

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.