Postings by Oscar

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Small Dogs > Dachshund Hair Types
Oscar

Mama's Boy~- *Therapy Dog*

Barked: Sun Sep 18, '11 3:13pm PST 
she is deffinently a long hair. i've seen dachshunds with hair clear to the floor, ones that are practically smooth hair except for their ears and tails and ones that are in between. My long hair Oscar is kind of in between he has the long hair on his ears and tail and somewhat medium hair on his body.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Khloe, Sep 20 7:31 am

Food & Nutrition > Supplements?
Oscar

Barked: Mon Mar 14, '11 3:26pm PST 
what supplements do you give your dogs and for what reasons? Oscar is 8 years old and i've been wondering alot here lately if i should start him on some especially because doxies are prone to having back problems. he also tends to have dry/itchy skin. i want to keep him overall as healthy as i can for as long as i can
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Nala, Mar 29 5:30 am

Food & Nutrition > whats your favorite dog food?

Oscar

Barked: Mon Sep 7, '09 3:40pm PST 
Bama how are you guys doing on Natural balance and TOTW? I dont know many doxies on totw so i'm curious. Mine seem to be doing ok on both foods but they are still a little itchy, and i want to add a little variety and switch up their brands of food a bit.
[notify]
» There has since been 44 posts. Last posting by Wisper, Sep 19 2:07 pm

Food & Nutrition > whats your favorite dog food?

Oscar

Barked: Mon Sep 7, '09 3:20pm PST 
I'm looking for more ideas for good foods for my dogs. Kati and Oscar both have allergies, and they seem to do better on fish based foods. Right now Kati is eating TOTW salmon and Oscar is eating Natural Balance sweet potato and fish, but I'm looking for other ideas to change it up.
[notify]
» There has since been 47 posts. Last posting by Wisper, Sep 19 2:07 pm

Dog Health > allergies

Oscar

Barked: Wed Jul 15, '09 8:58pm PST 
i dont have any dog beds or mattress covers, Oscar sleeps in bed with me, he's a mama's boy lol.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Dr. Watson, Jul 16 6:17 am

Dog Health > allergies
Oscar

Barked: Wed Jul 15, '09 6:18pm PST 
I've tried the Natural Balance duck and potato for awhile ( i dont remember how long) and i didnt notice much of a difference. I was wondering if maybe he was allergic to something in the carpets too because since i just have wood floors he doesnt roll across the floors itching but we werent at my parents house more then 10 minutes and he started scratching like crazy and rolling across the carpet. I figured he probaby had food and other allergies since its pretty much year round but worse in spring and summer. He was on the hydroxzine (Sp) antihistimane and it didnt do any good for him. He was on the taste of the wild salmon formula for awhile, probably about a month or so i'm not sure how long a bag lasts my dogs lol, and i didnt really notice that much of a difference. I think part of the problem is that he's always itching and always has been so i dont notice if he's scratching more or less on a certain food, i'm just so use to him scratching (that probably sounds bad).
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Dr. Watson, Jul 16 6:17 am

Dog Health > allergies

Oscar

Barked: Wed Jul 15, '09 4:06pm PST 
I need ideas how to help Oscar with his allergies. He seems to have them year round, but they get worse in the spring summer. The have seemed to get alittle better since i've moved into my house, I dont know if its because i dont have carpet (just hardwood floors), he use to roll around on the carpet itching himself, but he doesnt do that anymore, but the other day i took him to my parents and as soon as we got there he was itching like crazy rolling around on the carpet. He still itches like crazy all the time, this year has been the worst so far, he keeps giving himself little sores on his body from scratching and chewing on himself. We've tired different food but they havent seemed to help. Right now he's on Chicken Soup which he seems to do ok on except for the itching. He also gets fish oil every day. He's been on antihistimines and they dont seem to help, and he was on a steriod predisone (sp) and his scratching stopped when he was on a high dose every day but when we descreased the dose to every other day it didnt help. I need other ideas on how to keep him comfortable.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Dr. Watson, Jul 16 6:17 am

Food & Nutrition > Having issues with TOTW.

Oscar

Barked: Sat Jun 13, '09 12:00pm PST 
Oscar does good on the Pacific Stream one but on the High Prarie one he had dirrhea and was throwing up so i switched him back to the pacific stream formula.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Bailey, Jun 24 9:37 am

Food & Nutrition > TOTW-Bison

Oscar

Barked: Sun Jun 7, '09 12:52pm PST 
Oscar doesnt do very well on the bison formula he gets the loose poop and threw up a few times, but he does fine on the salmon one. Kati did ok on both, so we just stick with the fish formula.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Annie, CGC, Jun 8 5:49 pm

Food & Nutrition > Chicken Soup
Oscar

Barked: Sun Nov 30, '08 5:10pm PST 
I was eating TOTW, but the last bag i got really sick on it and scared mommy so she took it back to the store and got chicken soup. We've been on it before and did great. I was wondering who else eats this and what everyone thinks of it?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Berinhard, Nov 30 9:46 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.