GO!

(Page 1 of 103: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > my 13yo dachshund is dying :_((
nina

little- dog big- life

Barked: Tue Dec 13, '11 6:27pm PST 
i'm so sorry.
hughughughughug
butcher is up at rainbow bridge rainbowrainbowrainbow
sending you doxie love xoxoxo
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Dec 29 3:35 am

Plus Power of the Paw > Prince Mungo
nina

little- dog big- life

Barked: Fri Nov 25, '11 1:38pm PST 
our hearts are with you, buddy!
way to goway to goway to go POTP! way to goway to goway to go
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Dec 5 10:58 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > weiner buddy not feeling well :(

nina

little- dog big- life

Barked: Fri Nov 25, '11 1:28pm PST 
just read shatzi's diary..she is getting better!
POTP is POWERFUL STUFF!!!!!!!
thanks pals for helping her heal!
cheercheercheer
(it just occured to me that i never told Shatzi about this thread! red face )
laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Nov 26 4:11 pm

Puppy Place > Frustrating Day at Puppy Class (Vent)

nina

little- dog big- life

Barked: Sun Aug 21, '11 4:32am PST 
Utility and Intelligence..sounds like working to me
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Sep 3 1:22 pm

Dog Health > sudden pimply rash? on chest

nina

little- dog big- life

Barked: Sat Aug 20, '11 12:34pm PST 
this just appeared on my chest:
did a bug do this?
or is it a rash or an allergy?
i went to the vet yesterday, but didn't get any shots. could i have caught something there? an illness or mites?
i was fine this morning, this just appeared after i was chewing a raw marrow bone (i don't get them often but i love them and never reacted to them in the past).
i am not scratching it and don't seem bothered.
anyone have any ideas?
yuck! help! eek
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 20 12:34 pm

Grooming > Pomeranians (Full coat)
nina

little- dog big- life

Barked: Sat Aug 20, '11 12:01am PST 
one of our childhood dogs was an old english sheepdog. our mommy's mommy got her clipped one summer because she was so hot and wow, did our family catch some flak!
but she was soo happy! she looked like a deer under all that hair and she went from lying on the kitchen tiles, sprawled out in exhaustion to racing through life like a nutcase, so full of energy!
she was thrilled!
her hair did grow back and it wasn't ruined, it came back the same as before.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 20 12:01 am

Sports & Agility > i need a cooling jacket

nina

little- dog big- life

Barked: Sat Jun 4, '11 3:06pm PST 
oooo, these are just what i was imagining..thanks guys!
check out this video i found on youtube of the chilly buddy:
chilly buddy video
i think i want one too! (check the testimonials!)
the swamp cooler looks really nicely made! funny, it doesn't look bulky just looking at the pics. i want to wear a cooling coat for my romps, i'm glad you mentioned that as i don't need to tote any extra weight.
thanks guys! i'll wait to see if anyone else has still yet another type.
these are pawsome!
here's the site for the chilly buddy, the link is for the page that shows the temps: chillybuddy website click here
whoo hoo!!!! thank you!! way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jun 11 7:57 am

Dog Health > Spongie\'s Heartworm treatment...

nina

little- dog big- life

Barked: Thu Jun 2, '11 5:11pm PST 
YAY SPONGECAKE!!!!! way to goway to goway to go
what super news!!! cloud 9
BOL on the toss a med!!
yes, she is a pawsome catcher! smile
i didn't ever toss her things because i actually am the one who taught her to gently take treats by hand..in the beginning she would mistakenly get my fingers also with her snatch/gulp..she was a crocodile. no one ever handed her anything, it was ALWAYS tossed which i feel is very demeaning and rude.
i used the pinch a crumb of something yummy and lick instead of bite method by smearing my fingers with peanut butter. she caught on really quickly.
I tried never to criticize Sponge because she immediately will do one's bidding with the saddest face and hunker down one has EVER seen on a dog!
it's an acadamy award performance, so prepare yourself if you use those two words!
one single 'bad girl lie down!' in a gruff voice with glaring eyes and she will hit the dirt immediately. if tough love is called for GO FOR IT!
i know it's an act now, (since of course i would never have hit her) but it was the use of a switch when they "trained" her that makes it so effective; thus the reason i hated to 'make' her do anything.
her mommy would say "i will beat you!" and she would quick as a flash curl up in a corner. it was awful because beat her they did as a puppy..a neighbor told me all about it because he could hear her screams.
it is amazing she is such a doll after such crude treatment imo.
i was forced to say 'bad girl' a couple of times when she was healing from her wounds from the dog fight in the exact same scenario. she was almost better, (but not well enough to run free), she wanted to chase after strangers on the street.
walking her on the leash can be a real nightmare as i'm sure you discovered. when she anchors herself she is almost impossible to dislodge. that too is an act however and i have walked her miles on a leash (and also through JFK airport) and she was an angel, i could have been using dental floss for a leash, she was so perfect.
she will pull the anchor trick until you think you can stand no more..it is sooo frustrating, trust me i was in tears and begging and pleading and even had treats to lure her.. she will not budge.
the only way is to drag her even while she chokes and gags with the first few steps. once she is rolling along (go fast, it has to be high speed), she will continue along. it was horrible.
one morning i said i could take no more and was just about to relent and set her free even though she was not entirely healed...THAT was the morning she decided to walk perfectly on the leash!
she always takes you just to the breaking point and just exactly then is when she relents!!
Spongie..you are a ONE AND ONLY!!!! there is nobody like you babycake!
sweet dreams cutie pie!!!!
xoxoxoxoxo
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jun 27 1:29 pm

nina

little- dog big- life

Barked: Thu Jun 2, '11 1:31pm PST 
i hope you're dozing comfy on the futon sponge!!
we are sending you bark loads of POTP this afternoon.
we got the nice cool wind that you had a few days ago; it is very breezy and so pretty outside!
we are going out for a run through the sports fields and work off all our flab, we'll check back in tonight.
we got marrow bones for a treat this morning since the wind was making us very wicked! BOL!
we were playing and i bit louie's lip. he squealed really loud. i didn't do it again, i am more gentle now. i was pretty shocked to hear him squeal like a piggy! eek he is way more delicate than you are spongie! laugh out loud
who knew i could be the tough guy! i love it, BOL!
we love you sponge cake! hang in there baby!!
thanks pals for all your kind words!kissing
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Jun 27 1:29 pm

nina

little- dog big- life

Barked: Wed Jun 1, '11 11:01am PST 
oh one more little thing i forgot to mention.
i told spongie's mama when she came back hw positive and told her how important it was she be treated.
her mama said she would not pay for treatment and would 'just get another dog' if spongie died.
that's when i lost it (i didn't say anything though i was so mad i could have killed her and walked away cool as a cuke).
i then said i would pay for the treatment (its actually cheap down there comparitively speaking, 300 bucks i think i recall) but that spongie had to be kept restrained (she was always free to run around and get into trouble) for six to eight weeks or she would die from the treatment. (toto would you explain that part about the worms and the lungs for those reading?)
spongie's mama said 'that is too much work i will get another dog. she won't be any good anyway'.
so that was that...i cut her out of my heart (almost) right then and there and just went ahead with the plans to take spongie to america and somehow find the way to help her get the hw treatment and be a REAL 3 YEAR OLD full of pep and vinegar. that hit me hard because nina is exactly the same age as sponge and is a crazy bullet everywhich way so much energy and spongie was already pooped after a walk that nina could do and nina has 2 inch legs!!!!!!
sooo...
that is it in a nutshell.
i am leaving lots out like our house being robbed by a man who held a machete to the throat of the man upstairs and spongie guarding US....and the boatyard maybe hiring hit men and spongie going everywhere with us and keeping us safe...to let you all know i am a life long sailor, a single hander (solo) 53 year old lady.
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by , Jun 27 1:29 pm

(Page 1 of 103: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.