Postings by Bingo-In Memory

GO!

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Naming a new dog in honor of older one
Bingo-In- Memory

Appreciate the- small things

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 3:39pm PST 
I have definitely decided to do this. I think its definitely a matter of perosnal choice and Id ask anyone who is bothered by it to consider that people who choose to do this, as I do may very well be excellent and caring owners. If I did have a human child I would most likely name them after someone signficant in my life, to me names in memory of someone else are more special then "unique" name

thanks for all your your comments
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bingo-In Memory, Mar 4 3:39 pm

Bingo-In- Memory

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 3:13pm PST 
Well with one dog it will be the same breed as the older one as I am a pug owner. By no means am I not overly emotional Im so obsessed with my dogs that the thought of losing them does destroy me, but I feel like I have to do something in tribute. I know a lot of people get ashes ans find that a comfort but I could not do that when Bingo passed or when my dog Zira passed, I jsut couldnt bare to bring them home in a box, even now it brings tears to my eyes, 2 years on. IT wasnt Bingo whose name I was going to use, though it is dogs I still have. I adopted Bingo older and never choose the name, honestly I might have picked something different. I did however name my one year old puppy Weasley Bingo, in Bingo's honor. Thanks for your comments
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Bingo-In Memory, Mar 4 3:39 pm

Bingo-In- Memory

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 1:17pm PST 
You know my great grandmother lost a child and named her next to child after him. I guess I thought that was nice too, a loving reminder. Its not as if a person can ever be replaced but I still feel that the names remain a sort of connection and reminder of how we are all connected. I also see my dogs more as relatives and partners then babies, though I often call them my babies. I dont want any human babies so in reality Im very glad the dogs are not babies. I probably would not do what my grandmother did, because some people might be rude to the child because of it, but I guess a dog would not mind
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Bingo-In Memory, Mar 4 3:39 pm

Bingo-In- Memory

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 9:41am PST 
This may be an odd think to post on here but I am anyway. My hsuband and I have two older dogs who are thank goodness still with, Tubby and Norbert, they are incredibly special to us as they set us on the path to a life devoted to dogs. When they pass on we have always planned to name our next dogs in their honor. This is not to replace them, I have lots pets before and no they are irreplacable. Its more in honor of them, I like the idea of speaking their names daily as a way to keep their memory even more alive. I also know the new dog will be an individual and very different so I am not going to be trying to put a new dog into the role of an old dog. I also love those names and want to use them again, Ive actually completely decided to do it.

My surprise was I read online from some people who where absolutely vicious about dog lovers who did such a thing, they said it made dogs seem disposable. My dogs are my family members and the absolute most important thing in my life, certainly not disposable. Another response was it was like naming children the same names, I feel like its more like naming a new baby in honor of a beloved late friend or relative, which is a common practice (I am named after my grandmother who passed away before I was born.) The other odd think I read was it would be too much of a reminder, but wont you be reminded of your pet who has passed on all the time anyway, at least that is how I feel. I was really surprised people saw this as a cool practice, as I see it as a personal choice, and Im interested to hear what others think.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Bingo-In Memory, Mar 4 3:39 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > How do you know when it's time to say goodbye?

Bingo-In- Memory

Barked: Fri Jul 29, '11 6:40am PST 
I might keep dogs around longer then some people on this list-I feel if the dog is enjoying food and still has some spark then they are enjoying life. I had a foster dog Bingo, who had partial and then full paralysis of the back legs, he couldnt move around much but he loved to eat. In the beginning he would play with toys but he lost that but he still enjoyed chewies. On the day he didnt want to eat a treat I knew it was time. Obviously its harder with a large dog but from what you describe of your dog, I think you are right its not quite time yet
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bingo-In Memory, Jul 29 6:40 am

Senior Dogs > keep senior dogs moving!
Bingo-In- Memory

Barked: Wed Jul 27, '11 1:25pm PST 
Well the good thing is at least we have yard, even if its tiny and actually its paved.

When we had Bingo he couldnt really walk at all, he had partial and then full hind leg paralysis. He had a wheel chair cart but that was only practical for him to use for short periods as he got tired and couldnt sit or lie down. I did make sure he spent time on our deck every day and he went out in his stroller regularly. He lived 2 years after his cancer diagnosis, so that is pretty good!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Sumo, Jul 28 7:08 am

Dog Health > Splenctomy today at 3:30, OMG! please don't be hemagiosarcoma

Bingo-In- Memory

Barked: Fri Jul 15, '11 1:01pm PST 
Good Luck.

I had a pug with cancer of the spleen, Bingo, he wasnt a candidate for surgery as ultrasound showed it had spread. He lived a good 2 and 1/2 years with us, with the tumor before it spread to his liver and he lost liver functioning and we had to say goodbye So dont give up hope
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Dr. Watson, Jul 19 5:25 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Saying goodbye to sweet Sophie

Bingo-In- Memory

Barked: Tue Apr 5, '11 2:14pm PST 
Im so sorry--Its so hard watching them grow old. i couldnt tell you what to do but I know how hard the decission is. Bingo had a lot of issues but still had some spark until the end, when the sprark was gone I knew I have five dogs, four of them senior (but youngish seniors) and I cant imagine how hard the next years are going to get. I am so glad you have had 16 wonderful years with your girl
[notify]
» There has since been 32 posts. Last posting by Kasey, May 3 7:26 am

Plus Power of the Paw > Mommy is so sad please help her!

Bingo-In- Memory

Barked: Tue Mar 29, '11 5:05am PST 
I am so so sorry. If you p-mail me i can try to send you an e-book I got called the canine cancer survival guide. it has lots of good information about lymphoma.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Angel Lexi ...Gone But Never , Apr 2 7:51 pm

Senior Dogs > Let's see your seniors....
Bingo-In- Memory

Barked: Mon Mar 14, '11 3:30am PST 
This is Bingo. We agreed to foster him for a pug rescue. He was pulled from a high kill shelter because hte owners said htey had allergies, he was supposedly 12. He got very sick after the pull and a vet who looked at him said he had a large tumor in the spleen and spreading to the liver and most likely inopperable. They thought he had about 2 months. We decided to adopt him because of this. He was fecally incontinent and had partial paralysis of the back legs, but in the beginning he could walk. He gradually lost the use of the legs completely and became totally incontinent. He LOVED food and would bark for his food bowl to be filled every morning and night. He was the only of my dogs with the patience to solve the tug a jug He had a stroller and liked to go into it for walks.

He got much sicker in November, more then 2 years after we brought him home and the vet said he was in liver failure so we had to say goodbye
[notify]
» There has since been 107 posts. Last posting by Honey-RIP, Jul 23 10:19 pm

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.