Postings by Sesi

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Dog Health > Tick help needed!
Sesi

Cute but dumb

Barked: Sat Nov 20, '10 1:53am PST 
Thanks guys, I cant seem to find Preventic here in the UK?
I have cats also so something safe to be used around the cats is needed!
I put a salt and garlic water solution on her, and some antibacterial cream and it killed the tick I found on her, and healed her sores brilliantly. Id still like something a bit better in stopping them biting as she seems to react badly.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Leah, CGC, Nov 20 6:55 am

Dog Health > Tick help needed!
Sesi

Cute but dumb

Barked: Mon Nov 15, '10 12:38am PST 
Hi, I moved to the country a few months ago, and ever since Sesi has been getting Ticks! Ive used Frontline, but it doesnt seem to help that much. shes got scabs on her head where theyve been, then died, and its making her hair fall out around those areas.
Ive just discovered one on the back of her neck and as I noticed it, all the hair came out in my fingers frown
what can I do, shes looking awful!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Leah, CGC, Nov 20 6:55 am

Siberian Husky > Scared to go Raw Diet HELP please

Sesi

Cute but dumb

Barked: Thu Jun 4, '09 3:10am PST 
Oh, and I want to ask, why do you mention cooking? Theres no cooking involved.
Its pretty simple, buy what you can find in butchers or supermarket and hand it to your dog.
Get the ratios and weights roughly correct, meat, organs, bone etc and there you go, couldnt be simpler!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Xena, Aug 1 5:13 am

Siberian Husky > Scared to go Raw Diet HELP please

Sesi

Cute but dumb

Barked: Thu Jun 4, '09 3:08am PST 
All my huskies are fed raw, for over a year now, 2.5 yr old elektra, 13mth old Sesi and my 5wk old pups are all being raw weaned.
I did attempt dry dog food with the pups yesterday (so they would accept either in their new homes) and they all got diarrhoea so its 100% raw again now. (and the new owners are being ordered to stick to it bol)
The raw forum is very good for tips, but I used it as a guide, and found a regieme to suit us. My dogs are all very healthy, and although it works out more expensive, I just cant go back.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Xena, Aug 1 5:13 am

Raw Food Diet > do frozen raw bones splinter??

Sesi

Cute but dumb

Barked: Wed Dec 3, '08 5:47am PST 
My two have often eaten semi or even totally frozen chicken wings/drums and we've had no problems. Usually keeps them quieter for longer, and they love them on a hot day :d
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Ebony Mae, Dec 3 12:13 pm

Siberian Husky > Huskies and cats..
Sesi

Cute but dumb

Barked: Tue Oct 7, '08 6:52am PST 
The dogs are never left alone in the house, never mind with the cat, I dont have any concerns about the cat getting savaged by the dogs, infact my concern is more that the cat will savage the dogs... I am pretty scared of them getting claws in their faces/eyes and hoping the kitty will calm down enough for peace to resume.

Elektra is very calm, with little prey drive, and got along really well with my old kitten (who we had for all of 4 weeks before she was stolen) but for some reason this cats spooked her, she wont walk past the cat, or touch any food thats near the cat, but never shown any aggression whatsoever, and highly doubt she would.

Sesi, I had my concerns about initially, as she seems to have a strong prey drive, for birds and ducks mostly, but I think its all bravado as she hasnt attempted any funny business with the cat. She wants to get close and figure out what the creature is, but kitty wont let her.

Im now pretty sure neither would want to hurt the kitten but love the idea of all curling up together being good pals. I dont think that will happen lol.
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by max(R.I.P.), Apr 13 7:32 am

Siberian Husky > Huskies and cats..

Sesi

Cute but dumb

Barked: Mon Oct 6, '08 7:39am PST 
We aquired a little 6 week old kitten last week, and was wondering of others experiences of huskies and cats.
Elektra, my 2 yr old, is petrified of him. Its not obvious, but she wont walk past the cat, wont look at the cat, but wont be at all aggressive.
Sesi, the 6mth old, is naturally inquisitive, but when she gets too close Jake, the kitty, swipes her full on in the face, along with hissing lol. Poor Sesi just wants to get a closer look, and ends up barking at Jake freaking the cat out even more.

I want them all to get on, not have Elektra hiding away, and Jake beating up Sesi. Any tips? The 7 week old is definately ruling the roost!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by max(R.I.P.), Apr 13 7:32 am

Raw Food Diet > Blood in faeces

Sesi

Cute but dumb

Barked: Thu Sep 25, '08 5:49am PST 
Is it normal then, when feeding raw, to get the odd sharp bit causing this? Gave me a shock and for a millisecond questioned giving her raw.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Birdie, Sep 25 8:22 pm

Raw Food Diet > Blood in faeces

Sesi

Cute but dumb

Barked: Wed Sep 24, '08 5:51am PST 
Sesi pooed in the house the other day, unusual for her as she usually likes total solitude to toilet... (NEVER wees or poos on walks) and it contained blood, it was in the poo, and a few drops on the floor.
Should I be concerned?
Shes still eating as normal, but with two dogs in the yard its hard to know whos poos whos, but havent seen any blood since.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Birdie, Sep 25 8:22 pm

Siberian Husky > winter coat or adult fur?
Sesi

Cute but dumb

Barked: Sun Sep 14, '08 8:30am PST 
Sounds similar to my Sesi, She was cream and white, with a light grey stripe to begin with but as she got to 3mths the darker coat took over, and now she's got a thick covering of coarse black hair on her back. This is her adult coat, the typical husky guard hairs. It seems the husky is taking over in your cross. When she moults in the summer she'll look lighter, then as the course hair grows back in the winter, she'll go darker again.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tucker, Sep 19 12:39 pm

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.