Postings by MACH4 PACH2 Aslan

GO!

(Page 1 of 84: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Sports & Agility > The Disabled Handler, Agility and other dog sports
MACH4 PACH2- Aslan

RAE TQX MXF MXB2- MJS2 MXBP MXJP,- etc.

Barked: Mon Oct 28, '13 12:10pm PST 
Thank you so much Ember for adding ideas on how a disabled handler can also compete in Flyball. That is VERY useful!! And thanks for being open about your own invisible disability and how you overcome it to be able to compete in the sport you and your dog love. I think that's just flat awesome.

Charlie, thanks also for sharing the information about the man in the wheelchair completing in agility. We see these people at local shows, and they are just stunning. The relationships they've developed with their dogs and what the CAN do is just so inspiring.

Thanks guys. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by MACH4 PACH2 Aslan, Oct 28 12:10 pm

Behavior & Training > New Study May Forever Change Dog Training
MACH4 PACH2- Aslan

Barked: Mon Oct 28, '13 12:04pm PST 
A new study using dogs and the MRI machine has shown dogs have emotions similar to our own. As dog owners, we've always known this, but the scientific community always needs proof before accepting anecdotal evidence.

Although we've always known dogs have emotions, the ability to use the MRI machine in this unique way may forever change dog training as we known it. What do you think?

Click here to read more.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Fritz, Nov 3 5:31 pm

Sports & Agility > Gus having a nice run in class--a little brag.

MACH4 PACH2- Aslan

Barked: Thu Sep 19, '13 8:45pm PST 
Yay!!! He was having fun!! Congrats. big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by UCH Onyx TT, CGC, Sep 20 2:54 pm

Sports & Agility > The History of the MACH bar

MACH4 PACH2- Aslan

Barked: Wed Sep 4, '13 9:05am PST 
Alva, the MACH is the highest title an agility dog can earn in the American Kennel Club. It would be equivalent to the highest title earned in your country's kennel club. It's a cool, fun little trophy. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by MACH4 PACH2 Aslan, Sep 4 9:05 am

Sports & Agility > The History of the MACH bar

MACH4 PACH2- Aslan

Barked: Tue Sep 3, '13 1:42pm PST 
Do you know about the history of the MACH bar trophy for dogs earning their agility championships in the AKC? This article covers that history and re-examines the sentimentality of the MACH bar straight off of the MACH agility course. Which type of MACH bar would you prefer if you and your dog earned (or have earned) your MACH/PACH?

"The History of Behind the MACH Bar"
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by MACH4 PACH2 Aslan, Sep 4 9:05 am

MACH4 PACH2- Aslan

Barked: Tue Sep 3, '13 1:08pm PST 
Interesting!!! I hope the para agility takes off. It would be great for the sport, the dogs and the para athletes. big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by MACH4 PACH2 Aslan, Oct 28 12:10 pm

MACH4 PACH2- Aslan

Barked: Thu Aug 8, '13 11:36am PST 
You are right Maggie. There are many hidden disabilities out there. That is one reason it's very important not to judge someone's handling when watching agility.

I once was doing a long lead out with my dog Aslan. I don't see well. It's very much a hidden disability. When I lead out a few obstacles, I cannot tell if Aslan, who is the same color as the dirt surfaces we trial on around here, has moved or if he is still in a stay position. I can tell if he hasn't taken the first obstacle, but that is is.

Because of that, his (and all of my dogs) start line stay criteria is just not to take the first obstacle. At this trial, I set him down at the start line and told him "stay." As I was leading out, he left his sit and crept up to in front of the first obstacle. I heard someone in the audience say very sarcastically, "Oh yeah. 'Stay!'"

It made me so mad I almost stopped, turned to the bleachers and gave whoever said that a lecture. My dog was doing EXACTLY what he was trained to do...not take the first obstacle.

I've learned to really try and never judge someone's training or handling. There are almost always reasons for what they do.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by MACH4 PACH2 Aslan, Oct 28 12:10 pm

MACH4 PACH2- Aslan

Barked: Mon Jul 15, '13 10:55pm PST 
He and his dog make a VERY impressive team, Maggie et al. smile Thanks for posting that video. It fits beautifully with the article.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by MACH4 PACH2 Aslan, Oct 28 12:10 pm

Sports & Agility > MACH Shiba

MACH4 PACH2- Aslan

Barked: Mon Jul 15, '13 10:53pm PST 
Congrats on your MACH - a grand achievement - and on your versatility work with him too. WOOT!!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 16 2:30 am

MACH4 PACH2- Aslan

Barked: Fri Jun 28, '13 5:45pm PST 
One of the topics in agility most close to my heart is the physically limited or disabled and agility. If you have not done agility because you think it's impossible with your set of physical limitations, I hope this article inspires you.

I've known some awesomely talented teams with a handler with such daunting physical limitations that I can't imagine how they even get dressed each day, much less run agility successfully. Here's my article on the topic. I'd love to hear which agility (obedience, flyball or any canine sport) handlers with physical issues inspire you!!

Click here to read the article on physically limited handlers and agility.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by MACH4 PACH2 Aslan, Oct 28 12:10 pm

(Page 1 of 84: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.