Postings by Sophie, FDCH-G, TF-III, CL1-R

GO!

Sports & Agility > Feeding day of tournaments?

Sophie,- FDCH-G,- TF-III,- CL1-R

lets run!

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 3:47pm PST 
Thank you everyone for your responses! I appreciate it.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Shadow *CGC*CL2*CL3*, Jan 6 5:14 pm

Sports & Agility > Feeding day of tournaments?

lets run!

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '13 1:03pm PST 
I have heard many different things in regards to feeding your dog the day of the tournament and the day before.

I have teammates who only feed half their dog's regular meal the morning before we have a flyball tournament and the rest of the meal later. They say its easier for their dog to compete if they aren't full from eating?

I have had teammates that feed normal meals and others that feed more the night before a tournament.

Any advice from other sports enthusiasts? I currently feed the normal meal a few hours before our first race and then a normal meal at the end of the day.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Shadow *CGC*CL2*CL3*, Jan 6 5:14 pm

Raw Food Diet > Some advice please

lets run!

Barked: Mon Apr 6, '09 8:57am PST 
Sophie has been on partial raw since Dec and full raw since Feb. I was using Primal or Nature's Variety as I eased her into raw. It was convenient and I hoped to build some more confidence before I started doing it myself.

She has done great. We stuck with chicken for a few months because she has a sensitive stomach. We have since added duck, beef and lamb. She does great with all of them. Wonderful coat, small stools that crumble to dust in a few days, lots of energy, no trips to the vet (HUGE improvement for us!!)

So here is the problem: I have tried to switch to do it yourself raw a few times since Feb. The books I have read say start with one protein source and give that RMB for a week or so and then slowly begin adding muscle meat, organ meat and if we decided the veggie glop. Well everytime we try RMBs she has MASSIVE diarrhea after a few days. I have tried chicken necks, chicken wings, chicken quarters all with the same results. I take the skin off to make it easier on her stomach and still she doesn't seem to tolerate it for more than a day. But on the primal or nature's variety she does great!

A friend suggested she maybe allergic to chicken but she does best on the primal chicken and has had chicken as her main protein for kibble as well.

I am not sure what I should try. I would love to just keep her on Primal but she has a fast metabolism and is eating almost 2lbs a day to keep her at a good weight. The prepackaged stuff is draining my wallet and fast!

Thanks in advance for any advice and sorry this was so long!

eta: the diarrhea is not caused by giardia (which is usually Sophie's problem) we have had a few fecals exams done. As soon as we get her back on the primal/nature's variety she is back to normal
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Maxwell, Apr 6 11:11 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.