Postings by Kaiser - My sweet boy is gone

GO!

(Page 1 of 296: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dogster Crushes > Moosehead Bar
Kaiser - My sweet boy- is gone

The Mister

Barked: Sat Jan 18, '14 7:59am PST 
Ok I'm here... need some timbits!
[notify]
» There has since been 2119 posts. Last posting by , Aug 11 6:11 pm

Dog Health > POTP needed for Zeus and the \"unknown neoplastic malignancy\"!

The Mister

Barked: Mon Dec 21, '09 10:32am PST 
Zeus and Mum! We are so sorry we are now just hearing this. We are not on Dogster much these days and sadly, we sometimes miss things.. we feel terrible! cry

There are no words.. no words we can say to lessen the blow of this news. All we can say is that we are here for you and we will pray for Zeus and may his remaining time with you be happy and comfortable. Take care, my friend! hughughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 113 posts. Last posting by Thor, Apr 10 3:15 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > Dearest Beatrix is in need of some major POTP......

The Mister

Barked: Tue Jul 28, '09 9:39pm PST 
Beatrix.. we hope you feel better soon!! Lots of love and snuggles sent to you! hughughughughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 32 posts. Last posting by ♥Zelda Marie♥, Aug 20 12:16 am

Dog Health > Reiki

The Mister

Barked: Wed Jul 22, '09 8:10am PST 
My cat has had reiki and she loved it and really responded to it. The lady also met my other animals at the time and when she met Maggie, Maggie just sorta folded onto the ground and closed her eyes. BOL! It was adorable.

I'm starting reiki classes so I can give my animals regular reiki at home.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Cole, Jul 22 8:30 am

Dog Health > Why Dogs Should Be Indoors (No Excuse)

The Mister

Barked: Wed Jul 22, '09 8:01am PST 
I guess "cruel" is such a strong word, and has a lot of connotations of abuse and terrible treatment of animals... for a caring owner who crates their dog 8 hours a day OR a caring owner who leaves their dog outside 8 hours a day, being called "cruel" for doing so is deeply insulting and minimizes the plight of dogs who really do get treated cruel.

Excellent post.

I remember once someone was here on a rainy day and asked me why my dogs weren't outside and I said "Because it's raining". She laughed and said I spoil them.

Yes.. spoiled because I don't leave my dogs standing outside in the rain.. riiiiiight...

My dogs are just as happy inside as they are outside. Around here alot of people believe that if you have large breed dogs, they are supposed to stay outside. All I say to that is "says who?"
[notify]
» There has since been -19713.8 posts. Last posting by Hershey, Jul 31 12:30 pm

Behavior & Training > Sick Mom - Dog acting out

The Mister

Barked: Sun Jul 12, '09 8:00am PST 
shrug no one?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 12 8:55 am

Behavior & Training > Sick Mom - Dog acting out

The Mister

Barked: Sat Jul 11, '09 9:14am PST 
A friend of mine adopted a rat terrier in Nov/07. This little girl came from a hoarding rescue and spent the majority of her first 6 months in a crate. She had no socialization or tender loving care. She was in foster care for almost a year before she was adopted. However, she was also there with several other fosters so no real big breakthroughs were made although she was given love and safety.

Initially when she was adopted, she had a lot of issues.. growling at strangers, skittishness, reclusive, snapping at other dogs. However, after much love and patience.. she came out of it and was a new dog by summer 08. She was friendly to people she would meet, liked to meet new dog friends, was very playful and let others pick her up. Even if she hadn't seen you for a while, she would be all over you, giving kisses and being an all around sweetheart. The power of love!!!!

However, my friend had a massive heart attack in February. She has recovered well, but it was a long road as you can well imagine. Since that time, the little one has been different. Has become overly possessive of my friend and has regressed in some ways. It came to a head when my friend went on a vacation with her husband for 10 days back in May. My sister was babysitting/housesitting and had no problems with her.. but when my friend returned.. the little one has regressed even further. She is even more possessive about my friend and bit the gardener. There was no provacaton at all. The gardener was never left alone with her at any time and when she bit him, he was standing there talking to my friend and then all of a sudden she came from behind him and bit him. Since then, she has bit 2 other people and my friend is terrified she will get reported and the little one will be deemed a vicious dog and be put down.

They are going away for 6 weeks leaving at the end of July. She is taking just the little one with her and the other 2 dogs will be back home with her husband. She is hoping that the one on one time with her will help and she will be seeking out the help of a behaviourist where she is going.

Does anyone have any advice or possible understanding of this?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jul 12 8:55 am

Choosing the Right Dog > does anyone besides me like jack russels

The Mister

Barked: Sat Jul 11, '09 7:22am PST 
I'm extremely passionate about JRTS!! I will defend them to no end! We have a JRT in our pack and a JRT mix. If I hear of any JRTs in need of rescue or even just a new home, I will immediately scoop them up and bring them home because I am so terrified they will end up in the wrong hands. I'll keep them until I can find what I feel is a suitable home for them. That may sound arrogant, but like I said.. I care way too much about the breed.

My one foster Lucy was so messed up, it took me 4 months to rehabilitate her to make her adoptable and boy did she ever do good!!! She was a picture perfect jack when she went to her forever home. She has now passed all her obedience classes and is now into agility. All she needed was to be loved and appreciated. She was such a sweet little girl, but she was so traumatized from her past life that she most of all needed to trust again. When she finally did trust you, boy did she ever attach herself to you and love you!

I wish people would see beyond the stereotypes and also not expect they are going to get Eddie from Frasier. Jacks need work.. mental and physical. They are absolutely BRILLIANT dogs and should be appreciated for what they are.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Kaiser - My sweet boy is gone, Jul 11 7:22 am

Dog Health > IBD and IL

The Mister

Barked: Wed Jun 10, '09 2:05pm PST 
A new star will shine bright in Heaven tonight. We will be outside to see you shine.

We will always remember you Levi

hughughughughughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Bailey, Jun 11 8:12 am

Dog Health > Heloing Ruben cross over to the bridge this afternoon

The Mister

Barked: Wed Jun 10, '09 8:40am PST 
hughug Ruben hughug
[notify]
» There has since been 28 posts. Last posting by Kiko, Jun 14 9:06 pm

(Page 1 of 296: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.