Postings by Olive

GO!

(Page 1 of 19: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  

Food & Nutrition > Not eating
Olive

Olive the Other- Reindeer

Barked: Wed Mar 18, '09 4:18pm PST 
Yeah, Olive was the one with the stomach problems. We were waiting to switch until Hunter turns one (next month) but it looks like we'll be trying earlier!

We're going to try Nutro again, because when she was on it, it was the one that gave her the lightest amount of diarrhea. Maybe now that she's older, she can handle it. I'd love to go back to Blue Buffalo because it's the "best" one that we can buy locally, but that one just cleared her insides out, so I'm reluctant to try again.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Monty RL1 AoE CGC, Mar 19 8:51 pm

Food & Nutrition > Not eating
Olive

Barked: Wed Mar 18, '09 3:02pm PST 
We have two labs. Olive is a little over one year and Hunter is a little under one year.

Olive has recently stopped eating like she used to. She used to pretty much swallow her food whole, but then she slowed and was chewing. In the past few days, it is like pulling teeth to get her to eat something.

At first I thought it was because Hunter eats her food, so I started feeding them in separate places so she wouldn't worry about it. She ate more then, but now is back to pretty much not eating.

She'll eventually eat, but it takes a good solid half hour as opposed to thirty seconds like before.

I don't think she has anything in her stomach that she shouldn't, as none of our things or their toys are missing. I don't think she's depressed (but I could be wrong) because she goes on walks every day and on the weekends we usually do something fun. Her personality also has not changed. She is still playing just as hard and loving just as much.

She is just not eating. Any suggestions as to the cause? Or solutions?
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Monty RL1 AoE CGC, Mar 19 8:51 pm

Behavior & Training > Digging

Olive

Barked: Sat Dec 13, '08 5:27pm PST 
So we bought a house and our lovely labs finally have a yard to run around in!

Except they are digging.

They're not digging a hole to China or anything, but they are digging the grass up just enough to chew on the roots and just enough to cause me a huge headache.

What is the best way to prevent digging? (Besides watching them, because they do this in front of us and we've been yelling and screaming and causing them distress over it for a week and they don't seem to care).
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Belgian, Dec 13 7:32 pm

Dog Health > Ear infections

Olive

Barked: Sun Nov 23, '08 10:24am PST 
I noticed today that Olive's ear is red on the inside. She's been scratching it for a bit and I thought maybe she had mites again, so I've been giving her drops, but now it is red. I assume this is an ear infection and I'm going to call the vet tomorrow and make an appointment.

In the meantime, and for future reference, how can I prevent ear infections in labs? There are a lot of drops at the petshop and I'm not sure which one will work the best.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Mandy Plata, Nov 23 3:46 pm

Puppy Place > How long does it take to recover from spaying?

Olive

Barked: Sun Oct 5, '08 8:08am PST 
Olive was mentally fine the next day. She didn't care at all.

We really had to watch her though because of it. It was hard to keep her calm and she did end up ripping out her staples and having to be resutured. frown
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Maddie, Oct 8 5:40 pm

Puppy Place > WHAT ARE U GONNA BE FOR HOWL-O-WEEN?
Olive

Barked: Sun Oct 5, '08 8:06am PST 
Olive is going to go as Hunter and Hunter is going to go as Olive.

wink
[notify]
» There has since been 30 posts. Last posting by Maya, Oct 13 10:26 am

Behavior & Training > Tail Wagging?

Olive

Barked: Wed Oct 1, '08 5:52pm PST 
I say consider it a blessing!

Olive doesn't wag her tail much and when we had just her, I thought "oh how sad, my dog doesn't wag her tail all cute all the time."

Then we got Hunter. He never stops wagging his tail and it is PAINFUL.

Now I'm very glad that only one of my dogs wags their tails.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Dougal Jerome, Oct 2 5:55 am

Behavior & Training > Kids at dog parks

Olive

Barked: Tue Sep 23, '08 3:05pm PST 
I get nervous when other people have their kids at the dog park, especially if they are under the age of 12 or so. I know Olive is excitable. She hasn't learned to contain her excitement yet and she'll jump on little kids. She'll sit if I command her, but at the dog park she often will take off and get 100 feet or more away from me and when I yell "HEY OLIVE SIT!" I'll get 40 other dogs sitting, but not Olive, lmao.

Our dog park has a height limitation, not age. It also has a special "kids only" section that you can take shorter children into. The sign says "Kid friendly dogs only." Unfortunately I've never seen ANYONE in there, so I don't guess it's much in the way of useful for what we want to do with our dogs (interact with other dogs and learn some manners).
[notify]
» There has since been 26 posts. Last posting by ♠ Ruger ♠, Sep 30 2:38 pm

Puppy Place > teaching puppy to come

Olive

Barked: Tue Sep 16, '08 5:20pm PST 
Our trainer told us to call the dog at random for a treat. Like right now, I'm just sitting around. I have no use for Olive. But I sure did call her to come to me and gave her a treat for it.

The trainer said a lot of dogs stop coming because they know 'come' means something like "Come here you bad dog!" or "Come here and we're leaving the dog park!" or "Come! We're going to the vet!" You have to make 'come' exciting 95% of the time.

Also, a good suggestion by the trainer that I really like and has helped us a lot with Olive.

Come is not finished until you have your hand on the dog's collar. Come does not mean come near me or come into the room. Come means "I am touching you here."
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Olive, Sep 16 5:20 pm

Puppy Place > Peeing in Crate?
Olive

Barked: Tue Sep 16, '08 5:16pm PST 
Halo, you laugh at us telling you to wash the dog.

BUT! NO LIE!

I once read a post in here with the person saying that their puppy peed in the crate all the time and she was worried about urine scald and just wiped the dog off with a wet wipe.

I nearly fell out of my chair!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Bella, Sep 19 1:27 pm

(Page 1 of 19: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.