Barked: Wed May 15, '13 3:12am PST 
is the lining pretty thick, dont want his nails to punch a whole in it
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , May 20 4:20 am

Sports & Agility > Above Ground Pool

Max

Lifes a Beach -

Barked: Tue May 14, '13 3:20am PST 
Anyone know of an above ground pool that I can buy to help with Max's rehab?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , May 20 4:20 am

Dog Health > CCL Tear and what to do

Max

Lifes a Beach -

Barked: Sat May 11, '13 7:26am PST 
Thanks Pippin! This is giving me grey hairs!! He was really bouncy this morning so I am guessing he is feeling better it has been 4 days since surgery and he is putting more weight on that leg everyday! When we took him out to pee he even stood on it and lifted his good leg to pee...I swear i had mutiple heart attacks! but didnt want to scream to pull him off of it for fear to making him fall...smh
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , May 11 9:56 pm

Max

Lifes a Beach -

Barked: Fri May 10, '13 9:55pm PST 
OK figured it was time for an update. Max had the surgery on Tuesday and I was able to bring him home wednesday. Surgeon said everything went really well and I am sleeping with him on the floor at night. I do have a couple of more questions. Max gets very agitiated when I am not in sight (hence the floor and my need for pain killers now!) I am thinking of moving to the mattress I plaed ont he floor when this started but am worried about the step to get on the mattress, vet said one to two steps is fine and I shouldnt worry about but you guessed I am worried! So for everyone who had the TPLO what is your take on steps? I have read some conflicting information, like as long as its controlled steps are fine to no steps allowed at all!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , May 11 9:56 pm

Max

Lifes a Beach -

Barked: Tue Apr 30, '13 4:07am PST 
Thanks! I am thinking i can break out the baby gates that we used during the puppy phase and make some sort of pin. Just gotta figure out how to keep him contained when we are here??? He is an extreme velcro dog! Where i goes he goes even if its just to lie down and guilt trip me into to petting him...smh (never had a dog that wanted to be touched continiously (sp?) I have already dragged my mattress off the bed and have it on the floor and am sleeping with him now ( when he allows it, bed hog!) Going to build some ramps as well as there are a couple of little step downs throughout the house.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , May 11 9:56 pm

Max

Lifes a Beach -

Barked: Sun Apr 28, '13 4:01pm PST 
Thanks everyone! The estimate from UF is $2000-3500 so that sounds about right. I am concerned about the rehab though. Max is terrified of crates and i worry that if i confine him to one he will freak out and injure himself more. I currently have him on a gluocosmine supp but thinking of switching to cosequen.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , May 11 9:56 pm

Max

Lifes a Beach -

Barked: Sun Apr 28, '13 12:09pm PST 
Thanks Pippin! I was wondering if i can ask some questions? How long ago was this? What was your recovery like and if you dont mind me asking how much did it cost (don't have to answer if you don't feel comfortable doing so)?
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by , May 11 9:56 pm

Dogs & Travel > First pet-friendly vacation--Suggestions?

Max

Lifes a Beach -

Barked: Sun Apr 28, '13 6:45am PST 
HEy I see you live in AL. Not sure where, but Amelia Island in Florida is pretty dog freindly, with some hotels taking the bigger dogs and the beach is dog freindly as long as they are on a leash( i use our extendaleash for the beach) there are a couple of bars and resteraunts in the downtown area that accept dogs and a dog park. when i go to gulf shores it takes me about 8 hrs of driving so you wouldnt have to fly smile
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , May 31 1:18 am

Max

Lifes a Beach -

Barked: Sun Apr 28, '13 6:29am PST 
Hey Everyone! Max has either partially or completly torn his CCL. we have a appointment on the 6th at the UF Vet Hospital. I just have a couple questions. 1) Has anyone ever been treated at UF? What was done and how did it go? 2) What about the CCL surgery? Did you go with the TLPO or TTA or something different? 3) Also I have reviewed the following site and found it very interesting http://www.tiggerpoz.com/ has anyone followed these steps to non surgically repair a CCL? Max started limping in Jan and I took him to vet every month and they kept say it was Hip Dyplesia, needless to say I am very upset at my vet,, then this thursday we were in the in the yard and he ran to fence since then he can put no weight on his hind right leg. Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by , May 11 9:56 pm

(Page 1 of 17: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.