Postings by Sam

GO!

Get Well Soon > I am having surgery today.

Sam

Where's the- food?

Barked: Sun Apr 19, '09 10:30am PST 
It has been 9 months since Sam had his surgery. He has made a full and complete recovery. snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Apr 24 7:11 am

Sam

Where's the- food?

Barked: Mon Aug 4, '08 1:43pm PST 
Last update: Sam went to the vet today and the prognosis was that he has a 75% chance to live another two to three years. I think it's safe to say that he made it and everything is looking good. Not bad for a 13 year old dog. Not bad at all.

Simply unbelievable. This time last week we weren't sure if he'd live or die.

Thanks again for all the warm words of support.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Apr 24 7:11 am

Get Well Soon > Please pray for my little girl, Taco

Sam

Where's the- food?

Barked: Mon Jul 28, '08 6:47pm PST 
We're with you Taco. After what Sam has been through we're here to tell you that anything is possible. Please know that you are in our prayers. Get well soon!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sam, Jul 28 6:47 pm

Sam

Where's the- food?

Barked: Mon Jul 28, '08 6:45pm PST 
Sam came home today. His doctor said he has done remarkably well. Other than looking like he's been through quite an ordeal, Sam is pretty much back to his old self. In all honesty, this has been nothing short of a miracle.

I haven't mentioned this yet but since he's going to be OK I thought I'd share the rest of the story...

When he went in for surgery on Friday Sam's doctor called us around 2pm and said that the tumor in Sam's abdomen was so large that it had engulfed his aorta and part of one of his kidneys. The initial prognosis was that there was no reason to even continue the surgery. We had made the decision to let Sam go. We were to the point that we were making arrangements for his ashes. We thanked the doctor for his efforts and told him that we knew he had tried his best. And with that we began to mourn the loss of our friend.

This was at 2pm on Friday. At 2:30 the phone rang. It was Sam's doctor. He had decided that since there was nothing to lose he took a shot at removing the tumor. He told us that the tumor had come out a lot easier than he'd anticipated and he thought we should give Sam a shot at surviving the surgery. We happily agreed and, well you know the rest. Sam came through with flying colors. We were amazed, the doctor was amazed, the office staff was amazed. Sam is home and doing very well. It was the darnedest thing I have ever been a part of.

Someone up there likes him...a lot. Thank you all again for the wonderful words of support and all the prayers. It meant a lot to us and even more to Sam. What a weekend.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Apr 24 7:11 am

Sam

Where's the- food?

Barked: Sat Jul 26, '08 6:33pm PST 
Sam is through the tough part. His doctor says he is doing very well. He was upgraded from critical to stable this morning. We hope the worst is over. There's still a few last hurdles to clear but all in all it has gone as well as we could have hoped for.

We're pulling for you too Taco.
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by , Apr 24 7:11 am

Sam

Where's the- food?

Barked: Fri Jul 25, '08 10:23pm PST 
Sam is doing pretty well in recovery. His doctor said the first 24 hours would be critical. Our last update from his doctor was very encouraging. We aren't getting our hopes up but so far things are looking pretty good. There's still a long way to go but as of right now he's holding his own.

I just want to tell all of you how much your words of support mean to us right now. A heartfelt Thank You to each of you. It's been quite a day.
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by , Apr 24 7:11 am

Sam

Where's the- food?

Barked: Fri Jul 25, '08 2:15pm PST 
Thank you all for the kind words. Sam has managed to get through the surgery. Now he just has to hold his own for the next day or so and he should be in the clear. He's not quite out of the woods yet but the worst is definitely over.
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by , Apr 24 7:11 am

Sam

Where's the- food?

Barked: Fri Jul 25, '08 9:39am PST 
Sam is having a pretty risky surgery today. We are pretty worried about it. For those of you so inclined, any prayers for a successful surgery and speedy recovery would be greatly appreciated.
[notify]
» There has since been 25 posts. Last posting by , Apr 24 7:11 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.