Postings by Shadow NPC, MDM

GO!

(Page 1 of 90: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > So a vet wanted $8,000.00 for surgery.. Is this right??
Shadow NPC,- MDM

Ban the Deed - Not the Breed

Barked: Mon Jul 12, '10 8:52am PST 
I think you did the right thingfrown However, Shadow has hip dysplasia and my vet did quote me $8000/side for hip replacements - so it may not have been too far off???
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Vance CGC, Jul 14 7:23 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > BSL Failing globally
Shadow NPC,- MDM

Barked: Fri Jul 2, '10 6:00am PST 
I agree John, HOWEVER.... a criminal is a criminal and passing BSL isn't going to stop them from doing what they want to do. Drugs, weapons, dogfighting, murder...all of them are illegal and making them illegal did not stop the acts from happening, just pushed the offenders further underground so they got better at doing them. Dogfighters are dogfighters - banning certain breeds are just going to push them further underground, or make them pick another breed to fight. Any dog can fight if it's beaten and trained to do so. I'm not trying to start an argument here, but I can not see ANY rationalization that would make the enforcement of BSL OK.
Just my opinionsmile
[notify]
» There has since been -1 posts. Last posting by Sally Beaker , Jul 2 11:14 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > BSL Failing globally

Shadow NPC,- MDM

Barked: Thu Jul 1, '10 7:15am PST 
I spend so much of my time sending out letters on behalf of All Breeds Living Equally to places that are considering enacting BSL that I have time for little elsefrown What many fail to understand that BSL can and WILL eventually affect YOUR breedfrown There are also places that have weight restrictions in place, so ANY dog over 25 or 50lbs are not allowed... *sigh*
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sally Beaker , Jul 2 11:14 am

Behavior & Training > Caucasian Mountain/Shephard Dogs?

Shadow NPC,- MDM

Barked: Tue Sep 1, '09 5:38pm PST 
This conversation just came up late this afternoon at work today, so I have done a quick websearch, but didn't come up with too much and just wanted to get some words from people that have experience with them. Thanks for all your inputway to go
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Abby NPC ~ CGC, TDI, Sep 4 8:45 am

Shadow NPC,- MDM

Barked: Tue Sep 1, '09 4:52pm PST 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMwRGVLuq1Y
This is a clip posted on UTube from the show that she saw on NGC - could you all watch this and let me know what you think?
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Abby NPC ~ CGC, TDI, Sep 4 8:45 am

Shadow NPC,- MDM

Barked: Tue Sep 1, '09 4:39pm PST 
"but they are a controversy amidst LGD people and those who fancy harder edged working dogs."
What does LGD stand for? Are they a controversy like BSL affected breeds are a controversy, or is this a little more serious than that - despite the low numbers of them?
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by Abby NPC ~ CGC, TDI, Sep 4 8:45 am

Shadow NPC,- MDM

Barked: Tue Sep 1, '09 3:46pm PST 
I probably should add - neither of us is looking to actually own one of these cool looking pups, but she is one of those people that spout off after they have seen one view/piece on something and swear that is the only opinion out there - we argue about Pits and the rest of the breeds effected by BSL all the time. I just want facts to back up my argument and kind of wanted to hear from people that had experience with them - you can't believe everything you see on the internetwink Although, I did see pics of a couple of this breed labled as Therapy Dogs - that was my first clue that what she had seen was either exagerated or misunderstood by her (probably the case), or just a bunch of BS to begin with.
They are definately cool looking dogs thoughsmile
[notify]
» There has since been 25 posts. Last posting by Abby NPC ~ CGC, TDI, Sep 4 8:45 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > PIT BULL ADVOCATES TO RALLY IN DENVER!

Shadow NPC,- MDM

Barked: Thu Aug 27, '09 6:31am PST 
Has anyone heard how this went? I haven't had a chance to do any digging on the outcome of it...
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Aug 27 4:53 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > PIT BULL ADVOCATES TO RALLY IN DENVER!

Shadow NPC,- MDM

Barked: Tue Aug 25, '09 5:56am PST 
PLEASE ATTEND IF YOU ARE IN THE DENVER AREA!!!

PIT BULL ADVOCATES TO RALLY
Denver Daily News staff report
Tuesday, August 25, 2009

PIT BULL ADVOCATES TO RALLY: Pit bull advocates are expected to storm City Hall this afternoon asking city officials to overturn the city’s ban on the breed. The group is expected to gather at 1 p.m. at the City and County Building. Advocates are calling for a complete repeal of the ban, not just an alternative that would allow for some pit bulls, as is being discussed by City Council members.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Aug 27 4:53 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Please vote to let the Pitties back into Denver!
Shadow NPC,- MDM

Barked: Tue Aug 4, '09 10:37am PST 
I posted an article in Shadow's diary that one of the Denver Councilmembers is trying to get the ban REPEALLED!! I think that's where this poll is stemming from.cheer
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Theodore aka Teddy **CGC**, Aug 4 8:32 pm

(Page 1 of 90: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.