Postings by Sumo

GO!

(Page 1 of 23: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Choosing the Right Dog > calm small breeds suggestions?
Sumo

Lady's Man

Barked: Mon Apr 7, '14 7:55pm PST 
My toy poodles are calm with a good daily walk. Poodles can be incredible versatile and adapt to their person's lifestyle. Sumo is the Toy Poodle that changed my mind about Toy Poodles. big grinhug
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Apr 16 12:28 am

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Sumo

Lady's Man

Barked: Wed Nov 27, '13 7:14pm PST 
Ty - Sumo has quite an elaborate "nesting" ritual for any place he wants to lay down. He's adorable when he does it..his back legs go straight out behind him like he's pointing his toes...doing some sort of ballet move laugh out loudbig laugh

We are gone for the holiday weekend so I hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving!!!! flowers
[notify]
» There has since been 2559 posts. Last posting by Toto, CD, RN, CGC, Fri 2:33 am

Sumo

Lady's Man

Barked: Wed Oct 2, '13 4:18pm PST 
laugh out loudbig laugh Sumo would run the length of the tunnel on top like Missy...the little stinker. Of course, everyone laughed which made him show off more. Skipping about and barking at the judge.
[notify]
» There has since been 3346 posts. Last posting by Toto, CD, RN, CGC, Fri 2:33 am

Dogs & Travel > My puppy just arrived from Kuwait

Sumo

Lady's Man

Barked: Wed Aug 28, '13 5:41pm PST 
Love Saluki's cloud 9

I'd suggest lots of walks to help get rid of nervous energy.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Sep 7 8:20 am

Sumo

Lady's Man

Barked: Thu Aug 8, '13 11:36am PST 
Naughty poodles laugh out loudbig laugh Sumo walks through Jasper's pee stream. He also likes to pee on the EXACT spot my other dogs are CURRENTLY peeing on...so he ends up peeing on them instead. Boys! shrug laugh out loudbig laugh
[notify]
» There has since been 4188 posts. Last posting by Toto, CD, RN, CGC, Fri 2:33 am

Choosing the Right Dog > need help finding the right dog (puppy)
Sumo

Lady's Man

Barked: Fri Jun 28, '13 2:28pm PST 
Another choice might be the "Sussex Spaniel." BTW - You can find rescue groups/websites for just about any breed you are interested in.

The Sussex size ranges from 35 to 45 pounds. They have medium energy with normal grooming needs (brushing, bathing, nail clipping).

A rarity in the Sporting Group, Sussex Spaniels enjoy snoring by their persons feet as much as playing ball or an outing. Obedience and puppy socialization help them learn their position in the family. No roughness is required and, in fact, usually backfires. Although they're animal friendly, they like to run the show and tend to be bossy.

They are happiest when with their people. Although they appear somber, they're cheerful and friendly with a good sense of humor. The breeds coat is easy care. Just brush and go.

This is a rare breed and may be difficult to find.

FYI - Toy breeds have big personalities. My Sumo rules the pack...all 9 pounds of him. He will body slam Jasper (my male Standard Poodle of 60 pounds) if he feels his behavior needs correcting. laugh out loud big laugh And Sumo was the dog that changed my mind about small breeds. I used to say I would NEVER have a Toy Poodle.....I learned to never say never.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Arya, Jun 30 9:28 am

Behavior & Training > Does your dog have a crazy pet peeve?

Sumo

Lady's Man

Barked: Sun Jun 2, '13 9:31am PST 
Sumo can make anyone (human or K9) love him. However, if he is in my lap and another dog approaches he turns into Damian. If he's on the ground...happy and playful...VERY social. But he will resource guard me to his death if he is in my lap (not with people...just other K9's).

The world stops turning without the mother....according to the world of Sumo.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Mika, Jun 3 6:00 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Ever "misjudged" a breed?

Sumo

Lady's Man

Barked: Tue May 14, '13 9:50pm PST 
Great question Gunner.

I used to say I would NEVER have a Toy Poodle. Never say never. Sumo changed my mind. He was in such bad shape when we rescued him...I just knew we couldn't leave him where he was at so I told him we would get him better and find him a good home.

Once he was well...his personality was so loving, quiet, and just plain happy. He crawled up in the crease of my armpit...laid his head on my shoulder and gave me a kiss cloud 9 That was it. I fell in love with the little guy and his huge capacity to love and trust again.

Since then, I've met some wonderful Toy Poodles with an equally sweet disposition.
[notify]
» There has since been 35 posts. Last posting by ~Emma~ RL1, May 23 10:58 pm

Sumo

Lady's Man

Barked: Mon Apr 29, '13 9:23pm PST 
Watching the news. We had wind gusts up to 68 mph today eek
[notify]
» There has since been 5759 posts. Last posting by Toto, CD, RN, CGC, Fri 2:33 am

Who's Feeling Silly? > A to Z Song Game
Sumo

Lady's Man

Barked: Wed Apr 24, '13 8:12pm PST 
Unforgetable - Nat King Cole
[notify]
» There has since been 707 posts. Last posting by Molly at the Rainbow Bridge, Wed 2:39 pm

(Page 1 of 23: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.