Postings by Sandy Baby ♥

GO!

(Page 1 of 253: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Contests and Vote For Me! > What happened to the world's coolest dog and cat show?
Sandy Baby- ♥

I may look- little, but I'm- ALL dog!

Barked: Sun Jan 5, '14 2:43pm PST 
Four years ago? shock

My how time has flown... I actually didn't know they'd ended it, either. I just haven't been able to get on much.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Jan 19 4:15 pm

Small Dogs > can somone help me with the breed of my dog?
Sandy Baby- ♥

Barked: Sun Jan 5, '14 2:32pm PST 
Not necessarily bigger. Pip Squeak and Chi Chi's mother was 45 lbs and they're only 10 and 15 lbs. Meepster, Pippie's brother, is 25 lbs. Size when one parent is small and the other is big is... literally unpredictable in my experience. You could end up with a big dog, a small dog, or a medium dog. Your dog kinda looks like Princess in the face. Princess had a pit bull parent. All her brothers look all pit bull. She herself though doesn't look very bully except for small hints of it.

I think your dog does have hints of terrier and Chihuahua. What kind of terrier, I cannot say. She looks like a regular heinz 57. So, it's really hard to tell. She's super adorable, whatever she is.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Maxwell, Mar 9 5:37 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > POTP needed for Amanda Bines' pomeranian, disgusting...

Sandy Baby- ♥

Barked: Thu Dec 19, '13 3:52pm PST 
I don't think you guys understand how mental illnesses work. You aren't just going to develop a mental illness because you're in a stressful environment.

So much this.

Some people do, sure. But it is because of a genetic predisposition. It has recently been decided that the age old question "Nature or nurture" has an answer: Both. Yes, many celebrities develop mental illnesses. But there are many more (perhaps more) that do not. Of course, the media doesn't target them as often. Because that just wouldn't be interesting to the general populous would it? (NOne of it interests me. I'd rather keep track of my own life) Many normal people develop mental illness, too. But we don't make the news (bipolar II wink ).

People predisposed will handle a stressful environment differently than someone who is not. That and environment and situations are experienced differently by everyone. This is why siblings - both raised in the same environment - are usually very different, and why one might have a mental illness and one might not. No one chooses to be mentally ill. I speak from experience, it is not fun. Schizophrenia is one of the most misunderstood, and many people feel like it is a life sentence when they are diagnosed. It shouldn't have to be, and they shouldn't have to feel like that. But they do. I'm not saying anyone here has bashed Amanda Bynes (or anyone) for having one, just trying to explain it in psych major terms (but probably failing as I don't articulate well).

I love dogs. For me, they are therapeutic. Having them around has really helped me, aided me, provided me comfort where I could not find any of it. But I am capable of handling them and taking care of them. As many of us are. In Amanda's case, it might not be wrong to question whether she can or cannot. But it is not up to us to decide. I know she did not intentionally douse her Pomeranian. What concerns me is the fact that the dog was doused at all. I just hope Amanda is doing okay now. I don't keep up with the media, so I don't know.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Pandora, Jan 23 6:31 am

Food & Nutrition > sportmix dog food yay or nay?

Sandy Baby- ♥

Barked: Sat Dec 7, '13 12:59am PST 
If price is a concern, WalMart carries a brand called Pure Balance as Firefly said already. Sandy did terribly on it, but she has a plethora of sensitivities and allergies. So, it's not good to judge a food based on her reaction to it (bol). Sweeney does okay on it, though. Not his best, but he did well enough on it. Didn't feed it long before removing it out of the rotation, but it's got a lot of bang for your buck cost wise.

Lassie Natural Way is far from perfect. Got 3 stars on Dog Food Advisor. It could do without the beet pulp and all the rice. But it's far better than most brands of the same price. It's really cheap for the quality it is. It is pretty much just... average quality. Better than like, Kibbles N Bits. But not the best. It's affordable and I've seen it at Dollar General. I buy it for my mom in bulk for her dogs as I find it better than her feeding Alpo.

Rachel Ray Zero Grain is decent. It has a couple questionable ingredients, but none of the icky stuff her other dry food lines contains (like menodione). It does have peas and beet pulp, though. But it's probably a better bet than Sportmix.

Those are the only cost efficient brands I can think of off the top of my head. I've bought them for my mom from time to time to feed her dogs. Her dogs do well on them and seem to love them. Good luck. I hope you find something that works for you.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Dec 11 6:35 am

Dog Health > Ewwwwwwwwww

Sandy Baby- ♥

Barked: Sun Dec 1, '13 7:31pm PST 
Yes, you should treat everyone.

Often, if one pet has worms, chances that the other/s do are very high.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tessie, Dec 2 8:23 am

Raw Food Diet > Thinking about starting my dogs on this diet..
Sandy Baby- ♥

Barked: Sun Dec 1, '13 7:16pm PST 
Much of what you hear about chicken bones being dangerous is regarding cooked chicken bones. Cooked chicken bones are very dangerous. They splinter and break easily. Raw chicken bones, however, are much different.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Maxwell, Dec 4 2:13 pm

Food & Nutrition > Someone 'hates' Champion Pet Foods.

Sandy Baby- ♥

Barked: Sun Dec 1, '13 7:12pm PST 
If you cook... the meat...

Wouldn't that be a home cooked diet? I'm sorry. I just can't get past that one part.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Firefly, Dec 2 7:35 am

Food & Nutrition > What Is Your Dog's Favorite Treat(s)?

Sandy Baby- ♥

Barked: Sun Dec 1, '13 7:04pm PST 
Sandy has many.

Sadly, she loves Milk-Bones. She does not get them often, though. Allergens and low quality ingredients. wink

I bought her a dog puzzle. Hid treats in it. And discovered her favorites. Her absolute favorite was this... cookie treat. I cannot remember what it was called and I'm not at home to check. But it had carob chips.

WildSideKangaroo was a VERY close second. She searched her hardest to find those ones.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Mar 31 3:52 am

Food & Nutrition > Smelly Kibble?

Sandy Baby- ♥

Barked: Sun Dec 1, '13 6:56pm PST 
High quality dog food stinks a lot. I find that Orijen is one of the worst offenders where smell is concerned. laugh out loud

I always assumed it was because they're higher in meat content. Certain meats just... stink. (Fish for example smells putrid to me confused )

On the bright side, my dogs seem to like the smelliest formulas the best.
shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Firefly, Dec 6 10:30 pm

Food & Nutrition > Switching food & would appreciate opinions
Sandy Baby- ♥

Barked: Sun Dec 1, '13 6:46pm PST 
My Sandy here has both food allergies and a sensitive stomach. On the wrong diet, her entire back will go bald. And don't get me started on how she can't hold most grains down.. or they come out the other end.. messy. silenced

Premade raw has been amazing for her, but I understand being leery of trying it. Took me five years to go for it myself. Primal is the brand I use. I'd love to do prey model, but in college, I'm not home to feed her all the time and I don't trust my mom to understand the portions as well as I would.

She still gets kibble. I tried the Wellness LID.. and was not impressed. She actually didn't do that great on it. She stopped eating it after a week and her coat was rough while she did eat it. I actually found that she did her best on CORE where Wellness is concerned. She did decent enough on the Basics Blue Buffalo that is grain free.

(sometimes LID's are not grain free, which seems counterintuitive

Doesn't it, though? I'll never understand that.

It's still not as bad as the 'allergy' and 'sensitive stomach' formulas my previous vet sold. I had mentioned that Sandy had each problem and they showed me some dog food for allergies and sensitive systems. I can't remember the brand... but I remember looking at the ingredient list. Corn. That was one of the first ingredients. I told them "Corn is one of her allergies", meanwhile thinking isn't it one of the most COMMON ones? Yikes. confused

At least the high quality ones use decent grains. bol
[notify]
» There has since been -1 posts. Last posting by Sandy Baby ♥, Dec 1 6:46 pm

(Page 1 of 253: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.