GO!

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

Raw Food Diet > We are still alieve...
Maxemilian

It's a Schnauzer- thing....

Barked: Thu Jan 14, '10 11:18am PST 
Hello everyone,
long time no see... Just wanted you all to know we still alieve and our dogs are still doing very well on raw food. We do not only give raw but what we give they like a lot and do do well on. Thanks to everyone that helpt us with the switch.
woof woofsnoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Brody, Jan 14 4:34 pm

Raw Food Diet > Allergie to Kidney???
Maxemilian

Barked: Fri Jul 24, '09 11:41am PST 
Uhhhh I gave them about the size of half an egg... I guess that was to much then, they are not very big dogs. I think I have to me more carefull on how much I give. Pure Max, I did not know I can actually make him sick with giving them to much Kiddney or Liver.
crycry
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Opie CGC, Jul 24 5:07 pm

Maxemilian

Barked: Thu Jul 23, '09 4:31pm PST 
Hello there,

pancreas, brain, thymus I can not get any of these where I live, I am not even sure that you can get it anywhere in BC . A specialy since all farmer have to bring there Animals now to a butcher and can not have it done them selfs. cry cry Liver I can get and they love it . I can give pork kidney a go. Mybe just a small pice this time. sheep I can not afford it is very very pricy. So I have to stick with the normal suff, but I do look around for other things.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Opie CGC, Jul 24 5:07 pm

Maxemilian

Barked: Thu Jul 23, '09 3:31pm PST 
Hello there,

our little Max seems to have an allergic reaction to Beef Kidney... frown About an hour after I give it to him he brakes out in hives. shock He gets gets this form some meds too.. So I was thinking thinking could that be that the Cattle was given some med before it was slaughert and now Max brakes out from it? I did try twice but it takes about a week for the hives to go a way. Can I feed "prey model with out giving Kidney?"

I also have one more question to eggs. I do not have always access to fresh farm eggs so my question.
- Can I give normal eggs?
- do i give only the egg yog?
- do I need to grind the shell, or should I even use the shell ?

Thanks
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Opie CGC, Jul 24 5:07 pm

Raw Food Diet > Prey Drive increased with raw diets?

Maxemilian

Barked: Thu Jul 23, '09 3:01pm PST 
somehow I get the feeling that most people think of preydrive as a bad thing??? I hope I am wrong, because preydrive can be a very good thing it is depending in what you want to do with your dog. Any person that does ground dog work with there Terrier or other small dog breed will tell you they are very happy if there dog has lots of prey drive. There are my dogsports that need dogs that have a lot of preydrive ... So I just wanted to get this of my chest....
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Romeo, Jul 26 10:31 am

Raw Food Diet > Prey Drive increased with raw diets?
Maxemilian

Barked: Thu Jul 23, '09 1:42pm PST 
Hello there,

my schnauzers prey drive is just as much as it was before ( they where always very drivy)
Dominices (our Mix )prey drive did not get more but he lost weight on the raw food and can now move a lot better so he loves to run more.
I thinks that preydrive has nothing to do with the food, it is born/breed in to the dog and somepeople encourage it in there dogs and otheres don't. I like it that my dogs are very drivy and do encourage it with prey drive play, but they also have to be obedient so I can controll it. If some tells you there do got more drivy with switching to raw then I can only think of one thing , and that would be that the drive was always there and the dog just feels better on the new food so he wants to move more and therefore is more drivy. But a dog that was never a dog with lots of preydrive will never get any buy feeding it raw food.
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by Romeo, Jul 26 10:31 am

Raw Food Diet > Grinding raw?

Maxemilian

Barked: Tue Jul 21, '09 4:10pm PST 
I think it sound good. If you are saying " Large Heart" are you talking about Chicken heart, or turkey heart ????
My dogs would not like the Carrot in the food since it makes Dominice puke. I think it has something to do with giving him to much acid.
Also I was wondering if you dog does not like eating to much and you put "filler" in like punkin an Carrot will he not lose even more weight?
If he eats the meat I would only give your meat mix and would not put any filler in. But that is only me...snoopyshrug blue dog blue dog
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Brody, Jul 22 12:46 pm

Raw Food Diet > What Fish???

Maxemilian

Barked: Fri Jun 26, '09 3:28pm PST 
Thanks for all the help... I can't wait to see there face.. dancing cheer happy dance happy dance
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Maxemilian, Jun 26 3:28 pm

Raw Food Diet > What Fish???

Maxemilian

Barked: Wed Jun 24, '09 4:04pm PST 
We are still going strong with Raw.. All my dogs are doing very well. And I am thinking Dominic has more energie? Now I would love to add some Fish to the diat. What typ should I get and is there anything I need to know about feeding raw fish? How often should I give raw fish? I still give my dogs some dry food ( not every day and not together with raw) and some Cooked Food ( not every day and not togethere with the Raw)
Thanks
I do feed now Chicken and all organs from it, Turky and all organs from it. Some Pork ( they hate the liver from it and I was to scared to feed it with bones ) , they like Pork best and just abit of Beef since my Maxemilian has allergies to it and suffers at the moment from some bad contact allergies and needs Cordison. cry cry I don't what to give it in an amout he could get an even bigger raction.
Thanks
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Maxemilian, Jun 26 3:28 pm

Raw Food Diet > So tired of runs...
Maxemilian

Barked: Wed Jun 3, '09 3:36pm PST 
Hello,
that is to bad slippery Elm does not help... How about the peel of an Apple? If you would just rubbing it very fine? It would very bad if he had IBS, it is even in human very difficult to controll ... I really hope you finde something that works for your dog..

Woof woof
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Dexter, Jun 5 2:04 pm

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.