Postings by Lily

GO!

(Page 1 of 579: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Lily

Whose bed?? Why- would YOU think- that?

Barked: Tue Jul 22, '14 5:26pm PST 
Lucky dogs!!! L & M don't seem to care much for being in water. I knew Lily wouldn't, but I was surprised when Moira didn't want to go into the lake.

We just went for a walk - just to the corner and back. The ladies need a refresher course in heeling. I suspect they are pulling with the dog walker. They both stood beside the back door of the car. 6 foot leashes are for going to the vet or downtown, never walking in our own neighborhood. It's a start. Yes, I wore my cell phone around my neck in a little pouch a friend knitted for me.

Sarah, one of my fears is having a dog develop incontinence. Not something you put a pet down for, but not something I would want to live with. That's a tough one.

My handyman coming tomorrow to paint the trim on the house. I did it last time, but I don't think it's a good idea now.
[notify]
» There has since been 464 posts. Last posting by Sonja, Thu 9:27 pm

Lily

Barked: Mon Jul 21, '14 6:12am PST 
Toto, my daughter uses Moira's fur to keep the deer out of her apple orchard. Too bad that won't work with the raccoon because you'd have an ample supply. I've never seen a dog shed like Moira - not even my Sib/wolf.

Flicka, I am allergic to SS. Dr L knows that though we haven't discussed it since 1993. He called me three days before the surgery to tell me he could obtain all the screws and plates in high grade titanium, but the pins he needed only came in SS. I told him to go ahead with it as they would be removed. My body had to be reacting, but the burning pain was around the bigger plate, not the four pins. It's gone now so that's all that matters. Crutches work well for me as long as the foot isn't total non weight bearing and I can touch the heel to the ground. Wheelchair is my fav, but I can't transport it alone.

I want to go walking so badly. I almost took L & M out for a VERY short walk this evening, but my son called and convinced me wait until I have the boot. I really am not very stable so I know he's right. Patience has never been my strong suit. The dog walker came back a second time today which was nice. Lily girl likes evening walks.
[notify]
» There has since been 475 posts. Last posting by Sonja, Thu 9:27 pm

Lily

Barked: Thu Jul 17, '14 3:58am PST 
Whoops, should have said "not getting enough exercise" Justin did come back this evening and take them out a second time so that's a plus. Poor kid had no bicycle. I thought that was a right of passage for a 13 yo. My oldest daughter gave him one and he is a pleased camper. She intended it as a gift, but I told him he needed to take over her work of watering my flowers - she just had a knee replaced and has a huge flower garden of her own. I also added sweeping outdoors. There is no such thing as a free lunch and it won't hurt him to work for the bike. He's more than happy to.

Flicka, I'm not going to worry about the foot. I am curious to see the x-rays tomorrow. Have a laid down new bone as well as I always have or has my age caught up with me? I'd like a new cast, but I can do 13 more days with my sunshine yellow one. Whatever.

L & M have their food floated on dry food days. Last night they had chicken thighs and beef heart so plenty of moisture there. They are only moderate drinkers, IMO, so I like to give them the extra water.
[notify]
» There has since been 495 posts. Last posting by Sonja, Thu 9:27 pm

Lily

Barked: Sat Jul 12, '14 9:46pm PST 
Yes, Bunny, I have been a lurker. I'm not going to write much in case this one gets bounced back, too. Lily and Moira are doing fine. They still don't understand why I can't go walking with them, but at least they are going more willingly with the dog walker. He just came back for a second walk. Good for him and the dogs, but he's going to break me. I was jus thinking that the dogs prefer afternoon walks to morning when I heard the soft little knock on the door. Serendipity?

I think when he comes back I'll get him to help me water flowers, then I'll cover my cast with a bag and brush Moira. I don't want a cast full of dog hair. Lily, too, but she doesn't shed like Moira.

edit: cheerMade it!
[notify]
» There has since been 507 posts. Last posting by Sonja, Thu 9:27 pm

Lily

Barked: Sat Jul 5, '14 2:52am PST 
It's two dogs under the feet night. We are probably two miles from where the big fireworks are set off, but I think the sound travels well across water. Moira never minded in the past, but she joined Lily last year. I do wish that noisy ones could not be sold to the public and they could be restricted to no more than two nights, but that's a pipe dream these days.

Lily isn't doing too well with the dogwalker. She just has so much trouble leaving me. I hate having to push her out and tell her to, "Go", but he says she's better once she's off this block. He stops at his house and the family has fallen for Lily. She jumps and yodels for the father so she can't be too traumatized. Moira goes a little more willingly and her bounce is coming back. They will survive. It has to be better than not getting out at all. Nice kid, but I told him yesterday if he wants to continue to be paid, he needs to extend the time.

My son came up for the day - in from New York, this time, so we went to my #1 daughter's house for dinner. His stepdaughter has seen fireworks somewhere downstate and D didn't want to stay, so I am home, but it's fine. I sat beside him the first fireworks he attended after coming out of the Marine Corps and he wasn't there with me. I got his attention very carefully. because I didn't want to startle him. Today was a nice time. Always good to see cousins having fun together and D is so good with little ones.

I got rid of my temporary cast yesterday and now a have a sturdier one. It wasn't done correctly and I had to have my friend have at with pliers last night. Now it will be okay for 3 1/2 weeks. Two weeks until the first Xray to see how things are going and the pins come out. Surgery was much more extensive than I had thought. There were 75 staples and stitches that came out yesterday. My car acted up all the way up and back. Such fun! 100 mile round trip in National Cherry Festival traffic with my car making strange noises. Luckily, my friend is very calm so I was able to stay was calm, too.
[notify]
» There has since been 521 posts. Last posting by Sonja, Thu 9:27 pm

Lily

Barked: Fri Jun 27, '14 6:05pm PST 
This is a test.
[notify]
» There has since been 561 posts. Last posting by Sonja, Thu 9:27 pm

Lily

Barked: Sat Jun 21, '14 7:16pm PST 
Dogster is slow today.confused

Just rolling around in the wheelchair trying to stay out of trouble. My cast is breaking and this one doesn't get changed until next Thursday. L & M liberated themselves this morning. My daughter was here watering flowers and didn't close the laundry room door when she went out. Lily can be three rooms away and know when that happens. Oh, well, they needed the run. People look at me strangely when I praise the dogs for coming home, but if I were to be angry with them, they wouldn't come as nicely the next time.

No, Yoshi, I am alone, but there a lot of people who would come in a minute if I asked. I did call my handyman earlier this week. My wheelchair broke and my car was acting up. He deemed the car fine and found the wc needs a part, but he brought me the leg rest from his mother's so I am in business.

I have roses blooming and a few lilies are starting. This week I will admire them from the windows. I need to check on the Mandevilla vine. It's going crazy and wants to grow under the trim and shutters on the house. I forgot to have my daughter check it. Lots of rain this week so she hasn't had to water much. The tomatoes are on the patio under a roof to keep the deer from sharing so those needed water. I'd share if the deer would eat a whole tomato, but they only take one bite out of each one.

Sanka, at least foxes are pretty. The fox population is down here because the coyote population is up. But nothing is pretty if it kills your keets.
[notify]
» There has since been 610 posts. Last posting by Sonja, Thu 9:27 pm

Lily

Barked: Tue Jun 17, '14 9:54am PST 
M & K, you are the one who needs healing wishes. Anything with the back is so much more serious than a foot. I had 8 procedures done. The insurance company is going to love that. Is your doctor at Great Lakes Ortho?

Lily will be singing this evening when she realizes she isn't going for a walk. Maybe my GS will stop by. He is a runner so he's planning on taking the dogs with him at least a few times. If I were him, Id take one at a time.
Last night Miss Lily reared up and yelled at my daughter because she wasn't getting dinner to the crate fast enough. No, not really. She was just excited - for a bowl of dry food and a raw egg??? Tonight they can eat in the kitchen if I'm doing the feeding.
[notify]
» There has since been 635 posts. Last posting by Sonja, Thu 9:27 pm

Lily

Barked: Tue Jun 17, '14 5:32am PST 
I'm back home with a huge cast and a very sore foot. Lily and Moira are being sweethearts. I had 20 minutes of anxiety yesterday. The nurses in recovery said it had to be non weight bearing for two weeks. That is too difficult living alone. The doctor came in and told me I could put weight on the heel as planned. Whew!! So with a wheelchair, three walkers and a set of crutches, I am good to go.
[notify]
» There has since been 637 posts. Last posting by Sonja, Thu 9:27 pm

Lily

Barked: Fri Jun 13, '14 1:48pm PST 
Sorry about Sport, Sanka. hug

I think the Montezuma cliff dwellings in AZ are authentic. It was abandoned in the 1200s and the death room still reeks.

Cold and damp here. L $ M are being very quiet. I called and cancelled their boarding reservation. My surgery is early enough that I can reschedule when I get home if I need to. My daughter can take them out - poor girl is afraid of dogs.

I am not a morning person and I have to be on the road at 6:20. AM!!!! Monday. The surgery is scheduled for 2 hours which is a long time for ortho, but he's doing 8 surgeries all at once. He just called. He wanted me to know he couldn't get all the parts he needs in titanium. He says 7:30 is the middle of the day to him. shock
[notify]
» There has since been 651 posts. Last posting by Sonja, Thu 9:27 pm

(Page 1 of 579: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.