GO!

(Page 1 of 47: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > Behavior Question - Does anyone's dog make this sound?
Samoa- SunnyBear- Bell

Happy Boy!

Barked: Tue Dec 10, '13 12:24pm PST 
Samoa does something very similar...but with the slightly higher pitch and on a rising note, so it sounds like the beginning of a howl not carried out.

He is (we guess) mostly shepherd/retriever, but have wondered about a little northern breed due to his mostly barkless roo-ing and his large, curled and plumy tail.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Dec 12 5:08 pm

Senior Dogs > At what age should a dog's muzzle start going white?
Samoa- SunnyBear- Bell

Happy Boy!

Barked: Sat Aug 17, '13 7:55am PST 
Our Samoa is five and looks like a grand old man with his silvery chops.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Aug 21 12:53 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Omg... seriously?

Samoa- SunnyBear- Bell

Happy Boy!

Barked: Fri Jul 26, '13 7:02am PST 
I had the vets do this with Samoa. He was a big wooly puppy and they were all over him...He is a Newfie, he is a Swiss Mountain dog and etc.

When I said I thought that was unlikely because of the rarity around here of those breeds one of them said "Well, it only takes one" which is correct, but still doesn't make it likely.

Samoa is what I would call a gumbo dog. And a very lovable one.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Aug 1 1:03 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > do you think im' part lab?

Samoa- SunnyBear- Bell

Happy Boy!

Barked: Sat Jul 6, '13 10:14am PST 
You are a doll, thats for sure. The shelters often tell people that pups are half lab or half golden because of the famous mild mannered temperaments. I was tagged as Half Lab, but probably am mostly shepherd, maybe with some husky in the way back. I think you are probably mostly shepherd as well...

whatever you are, you are very lovely! And congrats on being adopted. Feels good, doesn't it?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jul 27 2:40 pm

Dog Health > Carsickness??

Samoa- SunnyBear- Bell

Happy Boy!

Barked: Sat Jun 29, '13 6:09am PST 
Samoa is a tad picky about what he eats, so I had to spread a little irresistible peanut butter on the ginger snaps. they still worked.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Jul 6 9:35 am

Dog Health > Carsickness??
Samoa- SunnyBear- Bell

Happy Boy!

Barked: Fri Jun 28, '13 6:44am PST 
Could be an upset and nothing to do with carsickness. If he does it regularly...everytime he is in the car - try feeding him a couple of ginger snaps depending on his size. Samoa used to be atrociously car sick and once I had to take him on an 8 hour drive. He got a lot of cookies because he is large, but it worked! No sick at all...
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Jul 6 9:35 am

Behavior & Training > Your dog/dogs best and worst breed-related trait?

Samoa- SunnyBear- Bell

Happy Boy!

Barked: Thu Feb 28, '13 9:15am PST 
Samoa: Golden/Aussie mix...Extremely biddable and great off leash. (Aussie) As sweet as pie (Golden) I can't think of any negatives from these two probably mixes...his negative comes from possible husky ancestry? He likes to take himself for walks. He always comes back, but if given half a chance he is outside the fence and living the large life.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Mar 1 7:25 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > How early is too early to apply for dogs?

Samoa- SunnyBear- Bell

Happy Boy!

Barked: Thu Jan 31, '13 6:31am PST 
In one way it can work. When I adopted Samoa, I got pre-approved. It was right before Christmas so I didn't really plan on adopting until the next year. I had been in contact with the shelter and when I saw a picture of a likely pup, I decided to go up and visit. I did not think they would release him until after the holidays, but there were a large number of potential adopters there on that very day. We took him out and played with him and decided we wanted him, so since I was already approved, I didn't have to go to the end of the line...

We got him and in fact took him home on Christmas Eve. A very nice holiday gift for myself!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Feb 1 9:32 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Expected Size?

Samoa- SunnyBear- Bell

Happy Boy!

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 8:59am PST 
Well, our boy had been tagged as a Berner or Newfie...thank goodness he is not that large, or I'd have him and Savannah both taking up all the floor space. And others have thought BC or Flat Coated or some other such mix.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jan 26 7:54 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Expected Size?
Samoa- SunnyBear- Bell

Happy Boy!

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 8:31am PST 
What a cute pup. He looks a LOT like Samoa when I got him at 4 months. And about the weight as well. Samoa is probably an Aussie/Golden mix and now weighs about 80 lbs. He is pretty lean. I have managed not to let him get chubby!
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Jan 26 7:54 am

(Page 1 of 47: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.