Postings by Lady Bug

GO!

(Page 1 of 460: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > May Have The Dreaded 'C' Word
Lady Bug

Hamburglar.

Barked: Mon Jun 15, '09 2:43pm PST 
You will be in my thoughts, Ocean! I hope everything will be OK and it turns out to not be cancer.

Good luck!! If you ever need someone to talk to I'm always right here.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Holly, Jun 16 8:03 am

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > How do you make your motto move?
Lady Bug

Hamburglar.

Barked: Thu Dec 27, '07 7:46am PST 
That's correct, Alfie. smile

Without the spaces it is:
<marquee>text</marquee>

It appears you got your motto fixed, Daisy. But for future reference for everyone: You can only add so much text to your forums motto, so make sure part of the ending of the marquee code didn't get cut off. Being cut off will make the code think it's still open, which is why Plus signs and stuff below "Forums Motto" on pages begin to move.
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by , Mar 20 10:21 am

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > My mama is tech challenged and needs help in....

Lady Bug

Hamburglar.

Barked: Wed Dec 26, '07 1:17am PST 
By "Get and Give Somepaw" do you mean "Give Some Paw?"
If so, you can give paw under "See The Dogs" > "Give Some Paw" smile
To get paw, you just have to wait for someone to find your page in the stroll. I noticed you joined September of this year, which would explain why you don't have any 'paw' yet, considering there are over 300K dogs now and more joining every day!
Though I'm sure Dogster already suggested this; you can also check your settings here (My Account > Account preferences > Gimme Some Paw preferences) to make sure you have it set for paw ratings to show on your page.

Good luck! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lady Bug, Dec 26 1:17 am

Other Barks & Woofs > Got Snow?

Lady Bug

Hamburglar.

Barked: Tue Dec 25, '07 10:52am PST 
Nice and sandy here too Molly silenced I wish it'd snow in Florida!!
We did suddenly get about three days of randomly 50-degree weather in my area, (thanks to about three-four days of non-stop rain!) but then it went back to being hot.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by King Alfie the Great, Dec 27 7:22 am

Other Barks & Woofs > How Did You Find Out About Dogster?

Lady Bug

Hamburglar.

Barked: Tue Dec 25, '07 10:48am PST 
I can't remember now silenced It's been over three years.
I'm pretty sure that we were searching something dog, pet or cat related and found it then. I remember we had found it once before then, about a year or so before. I just didn't have an interest to join at that time though, (mainly because it wasn't really an established site then) but the second time 'round I decided to. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Odie-Wan-Kenobi CGC, Jul 25 11:57 am

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Background what?
Lady Bug

Hamburglar.

Barked: Mon Dec 24, '07 11:55am PST 
HTML stands for "HyperText Markup Language" and is a coding language that you use on websites and such. It's also what you use to make links etc..

To add a background on your group page, you have two options; HTML or CSS. (CSS stands for "Cascading Style Sheets" and is used on websites to change the color of links, the background of a page, and so on)
For a normal HTML background you use:

CSS is a little more complicated as there's tons of ways to 'modify' how the background is displayed; is it "fixed"? (meaning does it scroll with you, or stay where it is as you scroll) Does it repeat, if so how? You can go here to find all that stuff out.

CSS:
body { background-image: url('http://codez.clarivo.com/images/takoda.jpg'); background-attachment: fixed }
(note: I made it fixed, and I put it all on one line so it'd fit in the code box)
(where I put http://codez.clarivo.com/images/takoda.jpg, replace that with the URL to the background image you want to use)

Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 3 6:41 pm

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Group Emails

Lady Bug

Hamburglar.

Barked: Mon Dec 24, '07 10:11am PST 
Hmm, your first question sounds like something purely set up by the groups admin(s) and not a [dogster] feature. (I could be wrong; I haven't been on Dogster in forever, so I'm only aware of new features/feature tweaks that my Dogster friends have told me about)

As for your second question, since the Christmas lights thing sounds like something set up by the group's admin(s) to me, I'm guessing they're just sending out private messages or a group message? (by 'group message' I mean the messages that appear on the group's page. those with the setting to send group messages to their PM would get it there and so on)

If you're interested in a tree for your group, I know Pyzam has a Christmas tree that people can add presents under. I tried to add one on one of my groups and it worked.

I hope I helped and good luck!! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lady Bug, Dec 24 10:11 am

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Background properties

Lady Bug

Hamburglar.

Barked: Mon Dec 24, '07 9:16am PST 
Hi!
This'll make the background "fixed"; just replace the old code with this one smile
<style type="text/css">
body{
background-image: url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/images4ada/valentinebg2.g if);
background-repeat: repeat;
background-attachment: fixed
}
</style>

Good luck! (in the url in the code I posted, Dogster added a space in .gif, remember to remove it)
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lady Bug, Dec 24 9:16 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Would anyone recommend a cockapoo breeder or know of a female cockapoo for our family?

Lady Bug

Hamburglar.

Barked: Sun Oct 14, '07 9:46am PST 
Daisy,
I'm not just comparing human overpopulation, I'm comparing overpopulation overall. Any species not controlled will overpopulate, humans may help but they're not the major cause. The only actual way to control overpopulation would be to spay and neuter every dog in this world..which would, not only cost a lot of money and time, but it'd also cause the dog species to go extinct.

As for free will, free will means nothing. Most of the kids in children shelters are there because the mom didn't want them and/or she wasn't ready to be a mom. In these days free will means nothing, because there are other means of becoming pregnant other than deciding to on your own free will.
[notify]
» There has since been 85 posts. Last posting by Raven, Oct 25 5:01 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Would anyone recommend a cockapoo breeder or know of a female cockapoo for our family?
Lady Bug

Hamburglar.

Barked: Sun Oct 14, '07 2:06am PST 
Fozzie,
never be afraid to argue your opinion wink I myself do not mind differing opinions as long as they are stated while also respecting the other person's opinion.

The thing that makes poverty related to overpopulation and overcrowding, is just that. There are, in this world, different levels of poverty; there are those with a low budget job who still manage to live their life, and keep a roof over their head. There are also, all over the world, those who have no roof over their head. While I admit, not all try to get a roof of their head, a lot of them do.

What does this have to do with animals, is the fact most (I admit not all) person in a bad case of poverty, understands they can not afford to pay for a pet. A lot of people in poverty live an unexpected life, 'where will I be tomorrow? Will I be homeless, will I have a home?' Those in that case who love animals, understand that their unstable environment is not suitable for an animal at the moment....a lot of those people never manage to live a stable life.

I myself speak from personal experience. I know from that personal experience, that while I love my animals, having no roof, having no money is not a good situation for any animal. I'm not saying I would get rid of my animals in such a situation (though a lot of people have to every year) but if I, were to have no animals during such a situation I'd know I wouldn't be able to bring an animal into my home. And that's exactly how any animal lover in poverty feels.

Sorry if I didn't make any sense, I'm very tired so. laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 88 posts. Last posting by Raven, Oct 25 5:01 pm

(Page 1 of 460: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.