Postings by Thea

GO!

Akita > How did your akita act the first time you brought it home?

Thea

B52 bomber- jet!!!

Barked: Wed Nov 14, '07 9:38am PST 
Hey, guys and gals, I am wondering about how your akita acted when you brought it to it's new home?
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Sabre, Jan 25 8:27 am

Akita > Akita Training Questions
Thea

B52 bomber- jet!!!

Barked: Wed Nov 14, '07 8:28am PST 
I agree with the excercise part. I think akitas need to be walked at least 30 minutes a day; they have so much energy. My akita mutt does protect her family and turf, which is why I love akitas very much. She does; however, pick on her brother, who is a sheltie a lot. lol
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Stella, Mar 5 4:39 am

Thea

B52 bomber- jet!!!

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '07 8:49pm PST 
Sugar is a pretty dog. My dog is a mixed as well. She is akita, husky, and lab. She is pretty wild when she finds things to attract her attention. She is playful, but she doesn't mess with any kid. She is very good with kids that kids often bother her. lol
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Stella, Mar 5 4:39 am

Akita > Any akitas looking for a new buddy?

Thea

B52 bomber- jet!!!

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '07 7:53pm PST 
I am new here and wondering if there is any other akitas looking for a new buddy.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Yukiyo, Jul 13 10:23 am

Thea

B52 bomber- jet!!!

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '07 6:17pm PST 
I have an akita and a sheltie. My akita is calm with my sheltie most of the time. In fact, the only time she gets aggressive with my sheltie is when she is playing or trying to show dominace-a common trait from most akitas. My dog is usually calm and relaxed in doors until she senses something outside that she should bark about. I figure my akita gets along indoors.
It is outdoors that is very hard to train an akita. It seems that my akita has a short attentionspand. My akita easily gets distracted with other animals such as cats and other dogs. If I was you, don't let your akita off the leash outdoors until you have it properly trained. I know that my akita won't listen to me until she has tired herself out running when she is off the leash.
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by Stella, Mar 5 4:39 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.