Postings by Deogee

GO!

Mastiff > Was your mastiff puppy THIS lazy?!?!?

Deogee

I love to- cuddle!

Barked: Wed Aug 12, '09 6:39am PST 
I would not get too nervous. My Deogee just wanted to cuddle in bed or on the couch for the first few weeks. She was like a teddy bear. She didn't get really active unless left alone, and she got nervous. So basically, don't worry about it. In my experience they sleep quite a bit even when they get older.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Deogee, Aug 12 6:39 am

Mastiff > are all of us this lazy?
Deogee

I love to- cuddle!

Barked: Mon Apr 13, '09 6:13pm PST 
I'm not lazy! I get plenty of excercise. I walk from the bed to the couch to the bed to the couch at least a dozen times a day. I only stop to take one nap on my way to the bed from the couch too! wink
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Maximus Memorial, Jun 22 8:41 pm

Mastiff > we're getting our 1st Mastiff!! Lots of questions....

Deogee

I love to- cuddle!

Barked: Mon Apr 13, '09 6:10pm PST 
A few things that make life with a Mastiff easier... Mr. Clean Magic Erasers take the crusty drool off the wall without harming the paint. Set boundaries early on (bed, couches, etc) they adapt quickly and obey easily. A common mistake is to allow the puppies privaleges like getting on the bed or couch, and then trying to change the rules when they get too big. It doesn't work as Mastiffs are truly creatures of habit. Don't let a 25 pound puppy do anything or go anywhere that you wouldn't let a 200 adult do! Good luck, Mastiffs are a unique, amazing, and rewarding breed to own. They are so loyal and lovable that they make their humans feel like royalty!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Bam-Bam, CGC, Aug 26 7:48 pm

Mastiff > VERY UPSET

Deogee

I love to- cuddle!

Barked: Mon Apr 13, '09 6:02pm PST 
I really hate breed specific laws and singling out certain breeds. When I refinanced, I had to look for house insurance that would cover dogs on the "bad doggie" list. Mastiffs fit that bill. In Massachusetts basically any dog over 20 pounds or with teeth is considered a "bad doggie."

My Deogee is a love bug! When I take her for walks or to the park, the children in my neighborhood always stick up for her. They tell everyone, "Oh that is just Deogee, if she met a fly she would try to be its friend!"
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Deogee, Apr 13 6:02 pm

Mastiff > Mastiff Bandogg

Deogee

I love to- cuddle!

Barked: Mon Apr 13, '09 5:56pm PST 
My brother Smokey just become a proud papa to "Bandogg" puppies. Dad is Mastiff, mom is a pitbull. They are my adorable neices and nephews!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Deogee, Apr 13 5:56 pm

Mastiff > How much does yours eat?
Deogee

I love to- cuddle!

Barked: Mon Apr 13, '09 5:54pm PST 
Deogee takes about two weeks to eat a forty pound bag of food. So I guess that means she eats close to three pounds of food a day. Whoa I never actually put it in perspective that way! Well she walks about 1.5 miles a day which is the majority of her excercise (unless you count moving from bed to couch to bed throughout the day). She is also in good health, but still skinny at only 125 pounds. You can kind of see her ribs, even though she is eating senior food which is higher in carbs. She gets lots and lots of treats, so I guess she just has FAST metabolism. I wish I could eat three pounds a day, barely excercise and still be too thin!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Deogee, Apr 13 5:54 pm

Mastiff > How do people react to your mastiff?

Deogee

I love to- cuddle!

Barked: Mon Apr 13, '09 5:49pm PST 
I have heard all of those comments before as well. I have had some very odd reactions to Deogee. Walking her causes people to cross the street when they see us coming. I have actually had people ring the door bell then leave when they hear her bombarding down the stairs. I get the typical pony/horse/etc. comments. Recently we had robberies in three houses to the left and right of ours. When the investigating officers saw me outside with Deogee, they joked that her name was "Brinks" as in Home Security since the burglers skipped over our house!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Deogee, Apr 13 5:49 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.