GO!

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

Sports & Agility > Winter Camping With Two Dogs
Strider

I LOVE RAW FOOD!

Barked: Fri Dec 19, '08 9:02pm PST 
Yeah I'm wondering about when it goes below 20F. If wolves can do it without getting frost bit why can't dogs?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Dec 19 9:02 pm

Sports & Agility > Winter Camping With Two Dogs
Strider

I LOVE RAW FOOD!

Barked: Mon Dec 15, '08 6:22pm PST 
So my boyfriend and I are going winter camping for a night and we want to bring our dogs. We have a German Shepherd and a Border Collie. We live in Minnesota and will be going camping here. The range of temps we will likely be in is from -10F to 30F. So my questions are do the dogs need anything in addition to their coats? I saw a dog coat (not the fancy decorated ones) from REI I was considering getting. What about their paws or other concerns? Anyone have experience with this?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Dec 19 9:02 pm

Behavior & Training > Riding in car = Dog goes crazy

Strider

I LOVE RAW FOOD!

Barked: Thu Oct 2, '08 7:23pm PST 
response anyone?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Oct 3 5:59 am

Behavior & Training > Riding in car = Dog goes crazy

Strider

I LOVE RAW FOOD!

Barked: Thu Oct 2, '08 5:28pm PST 
My boyfriends border collie who is about 8 months old goes crazy in the car. At first we thought he was having the time of his life, now we are not so sure. Once the car starts moving he darts around the car ( a suburu legacy) jumping over the seats, popping his head out the window then running to the next window. Sometimes barking a bit sometimes whining. If you try to touch him he'll move away, its almost like he is possessed. We are planning on getting one of those car gates to block him off in the back.

I'm just wondering what anyones take on this is? It seems like he likes it. We think he might be trying to herd things he sees? Its quite entertaining to watch.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Oct 3 5:59 am

Border Collie > Wavy Coated Border Collies

Strider

I LOVE RAW FOOD!

Barked: Sun Sep 28, '08 4:18pm PST 
We adopted a border collies who is tri color and has a wavy coat? Is it normal for border collies to have a wavy coat, I mean I know most border collies have straight coats or is that just a thing that happened by chance?
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by , Jan 30 4:29 pm

German Shepherd > American Lines Vs. German Lines
Strider

I LOVE RAW FOOD!

Barked: Wed Sep 10, '08 9:31pm PST 
That is what also what I thought, I heard that there are working german lines and show german lines
[notify]
» There has since been 52 posts. Last posting by , Oct 26 9:02 pm

German Shepherd > If you couldn't have a GSD what would you get?

Strider

I LOVE RAW FOOD!

Barked: Wed Sep 10, '08 9:30pm PST 
I've thought about a Belgian tervuren (and I probably spelled that wrong) its funny I like rotties and pitts too! Us GSD fans think a like!
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by , Dec 27 9:54 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Good Therapy Dog Breeds

Strider

I LOVE RAW FOOD!

Barked: Wed Sep 10, '08 9:24pm PST 
I guess I was more just looking for affectionate breeds. Thanks for the info though it is helpful.
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by , Dec 27 4:58 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Good Therapy Dog Breeds

Strider

I LOVE RAW FOOD!

Barked: Tue Sep 9, '08 10:30pm PST 
I am thinking about down the line adopting a dog to become a therapy dog. A person that I know has trained her golden retriever to be a therapy dog and it makes a great therapy dog, it would sit and cuddle with you all day. I love German Shepherds, but I don't think they would make great therapy dogs just simply because they are so attached to their owners and are not that affectionate.

So I was hoping I could get a list of some ideas of good therapy dogs. I'm planning on going into medicine to become a doctor and would like to be able to comfort patients if they choose to have the dog present.
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by , Dec 27 4:58 pm

German Shepherd > American Lines Vs. German Lines
Strider

I LOVE RAW FOOD!

Barked: Tue Sep 9, '08 8:38pm PST 
I was wondering what the pros and cons are of the different lines of shepherds. I know one is supposed to be smaller and some other stuff. Strider is part german part american.
[notify]
» There has since been 54 posts. Last posting by , Oct 26 9:02 pm

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.