Postings by Moses

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Choosing the Right Dog > Should "Hybrid Breeds" be Promoted
Moses

Here I- come..ready or- not!

Barked: Sat Oct 13, '12 3:23pm PST 
Well, I am the owner of a 9 year old Goldendoodle. I had never heard of them when I saw them on a website. I live in Michigan and had to travel to Toronto Canada to pick him up. He was the first one my vet had ever had in his practice. About three years later they were EVERYWHERE! My dog was health tested and so were both parents.

Since then, I had two more standard poodles, one which is a therapy dog. When I do my hospital visits, I can't tell you how many people have doodles of some sort at home. They have a lot of health problems because breeders just throw whatever together. I tell everyone to avoid getting a designer dog because good breeders are out to better their breed, not mix it with a completely diffferent one.

I love my dog, but I NEVER promote designer dogs. I just had NO IDEA that it would turn into this when
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Happy, Oct 14 2:32 pm

Raw Food Diet > raising your own meat for raw?
Moses

Barked: Wed Aug 4, '10 3:05pm PST 
I just couldn't do it. I just could not kill anything....unless it was a life or death situation.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Delta Force CGC RN NA RL1, Aug 5 2:47 pm

Dog Health > When to Nueter ??? Cons of Nuetering too young???

Moses

Barked: Wed Nov 11, '09 11:21pm PST 
I was neutered at 12 weeks. I turned out to be the biggest doodle my vet has ever seen at 115 pounds and 28 " at the shoulder. My mom wishes it would have stunted my growth. I am very big boned and fully developed.
[notify]
» There has since been 31 posts. Last posting by Belgian, Nov 15 8:32 pm

Dog Health > When to Nueter ??? Cons of Nuetering too young???

Moses

Barked: Wed Nov 11, '09 11:21pm PST 
I was neutered at 12 weeks. I turned out to be the biggest doodle my vet has ever seen at 115 pounds and 28 " at the shoulder. My mom wishes it would have stunted my growth. I am very big boned and fully developed.
[notify]
» There has since been 32 posts. Last posting by Belgian, Nov 15 8:32 pm

Food & Nutrition > Best "cheap" dog food?

Moses

Barked: Wed Aug 26, '09 8:44am PST 
My dogs are on Kirkland lamb and rice and chicken and rice, and it has better ingredients than any I can find for the price. You do have to purchase a Costco membership for $50.00, but you make up for that easily.

Compare the ingredients to much pricier foods. My dogs are doing GREAT!
[notify]
» There has since been 64 posts. Last posting by Annie, CGC, Sep 26 8:33 pm

Food & Nutrition > What dog food do you feed your dog?
Moses

Barked: Sat Aug 8, '09 7:19pm PST 
Well, we used to be on Iams, must because that is what we all came home on for some reason. Then my mommy switched us all to canidae, but it was VERY expensive and then they increased the price and made the bag smaller too. Sine I weigh 110 pounds and eat A LOT, my mommy switched to Kirkland Lamb and Rice from Costco. It is $2300 for a 40 pound bag. It is made by Diamond specifically for Costco and has almost identical ingrediants as Chicken Soup.

We know it is not the top of the line, but it is by far not at the bottom. We are all doing well and you just can't find a better buy for the money.

However, my mommy is thinking about mixing 4:1 ratio with Taste of the Wild just for so different flavor etc.
[notify]
» There has since been 35 posts. Last posting by Topper CGC, Aug 12 11:34 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > What's your "designer dog?"

Moses

Barked: Tue Jul 28, '09 4:36am PST 
I am a Goldendoodle. Part Golden Retreiver/Standard Poodle. While my mommy loves me...she has decided a long time ago to not on purposely purchase a mixed breed. She would only rescue from a shelter if she did not seek out a purebreed. Yes, I was tested on both sides etc, etc, and was purchased bout 6 years ago before the "craze" started. I was the first my vet had see in our area.

That being said, my mommy believes that the "designer" dog craze has just opened up a huge opportunity for poor breeders and puppy mills to throw whatever together to make money. If you look on kijiji it is just page after page of dogs thrown together for 150 to 300 bucks for quick sale. I just think it is sad.

Just my thoughts...but I am well loved and actually showed my mommy, who would have never dreamed, the passion she would gain for a standard poodle. big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Chino, Aug 3 6:21 am

Puppy Place > Unsocialized Puppy

Moses

Barked: Thu Jul 23, '09 1:59pm PST 
I have been Seriously thinking about getting another puppy. I have been watching the ads on kijiji, but sometimes I am very concerned because many of the ads seems to offer many different puppies at all times. I do not want to contribute to puppy mills at all! Anyway, I went to see these puppies, who have been reduced in price and are now 12 weeks old. The sad thing was the house stunk like pee, she had a little of King Charles Sp in the basement, which is where I believe she kept these puppies as well. You could tell they were not socialized AT ALL becuase they didn't want to be picked up or held. If was strange to them, and they just ran around in circles the entire time we were there. I thought with them being 12 weeks you could still get them to be lovable. What do you think? I tried to roll them on their back, but they would not accept that and immediately jumped out and ran for each other.

What is your opinion? My dogs currently were not hard to hold at all as pups! I think good socialization in the early weeks is the key to most dogs that behave well. I just really like the one, but was afraid to attempt at how hyper they both were. Unfortunately, I think so many people are breeding dogs on that site to make money in this economy...cry
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Lisa, Jul 23 8:42 pm

Behavior & Training > Little dogs living with Big dogs...good to do?

Moses

Barked: Tue Jun 30, '09 9:38pm PST 
Thanks for all of the wonderful advice.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Trigger, Jul 2 6:19 am

Behavior & Training > Little dogs living with Big dogs...good to do?
Moses

Barked: Thu Jun 25, '09 6:05am PST 
I am seriously thinking about getting a small dog, such as a Brussels Griffon or pug mix etc. Currently I have a huge 110 pound goldendoodle and a 40 pound standard poodle. Both are males and neutered. It took the doodle at least 3 months to accept my poodle when I brought him home as a pet. Now they sleep, play etc together all the time. The doodle still eats first and makes it known he is still the king of the house. I also have an extremely elderly English Bulldog, female, who I will probably have put down in the near future. It just kills me to do it. She urinates in the house weekly, is 100% deaf now, has two torn ACLs in both legs. It is just hard to do.

Question. I am thinking of rescuing a female Brussels if possible or maybe getting a small breed dog. How many of you have big and small dogs living in harmony? What is the best way to go about doing this?
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Trigger, Jul 2 6:19 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.