Postings by Chico

GO!

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

Dog Health > Elevated liver enzymes
Chico

Barked: Sat Apr 12, '14 11:23am PST 
Yesterday I took Chico for his wellness exam, everything came back fine except his liver values.

His ALT levels are at 145, and the Vet said that it's slightly high, normal level is at 100. She said that it was nothing to be worried about and that it might be caused by a lot of things.

Chico does have tartar buildup on his teeth and I was wondering if that could be the cause for it? I will have him get a teeth cleaning in the next few months. I was wondering if right now is the right time to start giving him some milk thistle to help his liver out?

He's not acting sick at all, eating and drinking fine. Just this has me a tad bit worried.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Apr 13 5:18 pm

Food & Nutrition > Anyone use Wag.com to buy their food?
Chico

Barked: Mon Nov 11, '13 12:02pm PST 
I don't know if I just happen to live close to one of their warehouses or something but I ordered a bag of Acana and some other grooming items

Total came out to 31 bucks when I applied their 25FOOD coupon code which gives you 20% off your first order of food. Anyway if you order $35 or more your shipping is free but even if your total is less than $35 (mine was $31) Shipping was $5.95 and they gave me 2 day shipping with that.

I just thought this was a good deal, I ordered something off other websites and their standard shipping usually took 4-5 days to get here.

But yeah just a heads up in case anyone is looking for another website to buy food and other items.

2 day shipping at no extra cost
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Chico, Nov 11 12:02 pm

Food & Nutrition > Premium Dog Food Recommendations

Chico

Barked: Tue Aug 27, '13 8:04am PST 
I have a 15 pound terrier mutt...Right now I'm feeding him Fromm Grain Free Game Bird recipe and he's doing very well on it. His coat is soft and shiny..Other foods that he has done well on are Amicus and Orijen adult recipe.

Amicus is a food specifically made to meet the nutritional requirements of small breeds.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Jellybean, Sep 16 10:05 pm

Senior Dogs > At what age should a dog's muzzle start going white?

Chico

Barked: Sun Aug 18, '13 12:19pm PST 
I got Chico when he was still teething so he was still a puppy, right now his muzzle is completely white and it started turning white when he was about 3 or 4. So it isn't about age it's more about his or her genetics.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Aug 21 12:53 am

Dog Health > Chico just killed another Chicken

Chico

Barked: Mon Aug 12, '13 5:25pm PST 
Thank you guys for all of the responses, I've been monitoring Chico over the weekend and he has not shown any signs of any disease.

But I think there has been a misunderstanding here, this Chicken was in our property, how it got inside I have no idea. I never let Chico off leash outside of our property, the second he saw it he bolted after it, chased it and caught it. He never broke into anyone's property. This Chicken was in ours and I have no idea who it belongs to. The time where be broke into the cage full of Chickens I did have to reimburse the cost of the Chickens to the owner.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sabi, Aug 12 11:38 pm

Dog Health > Chico just killed another Chicken
Chico

Barked: Fri Aug 9, '13 4:26pm PST 
cry So this is like the 4th chicken he has mauled and killed, the first time we don't know how he managed to get inside a cage full of chickens and killed them all. Today was just a stray chicken that had been loose in our property, we don't know who it belongs to or where it's from so I just disposed of it.

Is there any disease that I should be concerned about? He didn't eat any of the chicken it was just a quick one or two bites to the neck of it. I searched on google for this and didn't find any clear answer.

He chased the chicken for a good 10-15 seconds I bet it must have been quite a thrill for him big laugh
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Sabi, Aug 12 11:38 pm

Small Dogs > Walking dog in unsafe neighborhood with unleashed dogs

Chico

Barked: Wed Apr 3, '13 3:46pm PST 
You can always get a 1 million volt stun gun, most of the time just the zapping sound alone is enough to stop a dog on it's tracks.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Opheila, Apr 3 5:30 pm

Food & Nutrition > Good grain free no poultry food?

Chico

Barked: Fri Mar 29, '13 1:31pm PST 
You should definitely check out Orijen Regional Red, it's made using only red meat and it's grain free.

a 5lb bag usually costs around 21-24$
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Lucy Belle, Apr 9 1:38 pm

Dog Health > Vaccination reaction

Chico

Barked: Fri Mar 29, '13 1:29pm PST 
Every dog reacts differently to vaccines, if he has been acting like this for 3 days I would definitely call my vet and let them know. When Chico has his shots he's usually sore and a lethargic but he usually returns back to 100% normal after one day.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Apr 1 12:18 am

Dog Health > Desperately Need Help With Allergies
Chico

Barked: Thu Mar 7, '13 1:21pm PST 
Sorry to hear about what you guys are going through.

Have you tried Veterycin? It's a non toxic spray that you can spray on the affected area. It usually goes for around $14-20 dollars at your local pet store or Amazon. I would give it a shot even if its just for temporary relief. It has some very good reviews on Amazon and one of the best things is that it's non toxic. But you might want to invest in a Cone of shame.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Mar 10 10:43 am

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.