Postings by Miss Lola Luftnagle

GO!

(Page 1 of 16: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  

Grooming > Breed specific observations
Miss Lola- Luftnagle

Solid Gold- Dancer

Barked: Tue Nov 13, '12 9:13pm PST 
In the shop I work in, we have a gated area by the grooming area, so if needed we can put the dog were working on down at a moments notice. Male yorkies pee everywhere!!
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Dec 3 9:36 pm

Grooming > Does your dog groomer let you 'back there' while your dog is being worked on...?
Miss Lola- Luftnagle

Solid Gold- Dancer

Barked: Tue May 29, '12 10:53pm PST 
No, I don't think you really get it. Fighting a dog to get those small sticky outies, is not worth the stress or potential injurying. I will do the best I can...Dogs can have seizures, explosive diarrhea etc. I will not keep a dog on my table for 6 hours. I will only push so far. Humanity before vanity.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Cider Doughnut Shenanigans, Sep 8 2:10 pm

Grooming > What are good clippers for a Shichon...? (prefer Wahl's..)

Miss Lola- Luftnagle

Solid Gold- Dancer

Barked: Tue May 29, '12 10:39pm PST 
If your budget is around $200 I would pick the andis excel 5 speed. You can pick up a new pair for around $179 on ebay. Havn't tried the laube, but I believe they are upward of around $300+ Excel's are super light weight, and have a narrow body. I am small in stature, so this was a deciding factor when I chose them.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jun 9 5:31 am

Grooming > What are good clippers for a Shichon...? (prefer Wahl's..)

Miss Lola- Luftnagle

Solid Gold- Dancer

Barked: Sun May 27, '12 10:35pm PST 
Love grooming expos!! I go every year to the All American in Chicago. $10 to get in and free parking smile Will probably go to the seminars again this year. I think it was $40 for the day? Want to get some more smocks/pants and my new favorite blade the 4 1/2 smile plus all the little extras that I have to have BOL
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Jun 9 5:31 am

Grooming > Does your dog groomer let you 'back there' while your dog is being worked on...?

Miss Lola- Luftnagle

Solid Gold- Dancer

Barked: Sun May 27, '12 10:28pm PST 
argggg, was trimming a shih tzu's face this week. was trimming the hair right above the eyes, when she decided to sneeze. Scared the heck out of me. Sometimes you have to say good enough, and send them on their way.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Cider Doughnut Shenanigans, Sep 8 2:10 pm

Grooming > a guestion about the tale
Miss Lola- Luftnagle

Solid Gold- Dancer

Barked: Fri May 11, '12 9:47pm PST 
As a dog groomer, I can promise you it will grow back. Had to shave many a tail off due to Matting. May take a while...
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , May 12 10:13 pm

Grooming > Haircut Ideas For Mozart??

Miss Lola- Luftnagle

Solid Gold- Dancer

Barked: Sun May 6, '12 8:44pm PST 
couldn't open up the photo. Teddybear cut, is just a generic term used in grooming. Basically, one length all over with round head. I have a bichon/poodle mix named Gus. Luckily, he doesn't mat at all. Being a groomer, I'm amazed smile
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Mozart, May 26 8:43 am

Grooming > Haircut Ideas For Mozart??

Miss Lola- Luftnagle

Solid Gold- Dancer

Barked: Thu May 3, '12 8:56pm PST 
From the second pic you posted, it looks like a 1 guide comb on the body, and possibly an E gc on the legs, that were skimmed, and then scissor finished. The legs look really full, and as a groomer, when I do longer cuts, and there next appointment rolls around, I find matting, in the underarms, Inner legs, and the foot area. I would suggest, and easier to maintain length being a 1 gc body, with a 0 gc skimmed legs. Looks nice without being too hard to keep up. Like the facesmile
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Mozart, May 26 8:43 am

Small Dogs > What is the best comb or brush for matted fur?

Miss Lola- Luftnagle

Solid Gold- Dancer

Barked: Thu May 3, '12 8:19pm PST 
As a groomer, I would like to suggest 3 things. A soft slicker, a metal comb with med/fine teeth, and some type of liquid silk protein. You can buy a product called Quicker Slicker from any Tractor Supply. I like Chris Christensen Silky Spirits, but it's basically the same thing. A little goes a looooong way. Rub about a pea size into a mat. Then try to split with your fingers. Work with a brush outside and them when you feel that it's out, run a comb through to make sure. You want to make sure you can comb down to the skin.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , May 12 9:57 pm

Grooming > What is a good de-matting comb...?
Miss Lola- Luftnagle

Solid Gold- Dancer

Barked: Wed Jan 25, '12 6:44pm PST 
Toto, just wanted to say I love Crown Royal!! Smells divine. I also use it on flat coats, then brush through with a boar bristle brush. I know I was taught to demat prior to bathing, but I find it takes significantly longer working those mats out when the coat is dirty. I would rather demat while drying or prior to the actual haircut.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Frankie, Jan 26 8:17 am

(Page 1 of 16: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.