Postings by Taser

GO!

(Page 1 of 94: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Service & Therapy Dogs > PSD programs & help for PSD owner-trainers
Taser

R.I.P.

Barked: Wed Sep 28, '11 10:39am PST 
Yes, Diamond in the Ruff Medical Dogs is no longer in business and the Head Trainer has opened a new business called Custom Trained Canines.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY!!!!

I have previously worked with the trainer, who can train dogs but is a poor business person. This company currently has both complaints against them with the better business bureau in Ontario for failing to provide invoices and receipts, and complaints against them with the Canadian Kennel Club Regulatory Department for failure to provide CKC registered papers on a purebred puppy they sold as a breeders liaison through Custom Trained Canines.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Happy, Sep 29 2:18 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > How many people here have PTSD and a service dog?
Taser

R.I.P.

Barked: Mon Aug 29, '11 2:04pm PST 
My SD does the above mentioned tasks as well as:
grounding techniques to get me back in the here and now, such as fetch or head in my lap to pet. Also he does blocking to keep people out of my personal space... I like to call it crowd control...lol My SD is also trained to guide for those times when I just am not quite with it so I don't go wandering into traffic... can't always trust drivers on the roads or in parking lots. He also does balance and stability work as sometimes I get dizzy from meds and have physical problems with my nervous system, and my back hips or knees can go at any time.
Hope that helps and good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Embyr - Service Dog, Sep 13 8:09 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > New City Ordinance Would Target Five \"Dangerous\" Breeds

Taser

R.I.P.

Barked: Sat Jul 16, '11 8:22pm PST 
you all should contact Calgary Alberta link below: This is starting to work in Canada although slowly...

For more information on ending Breed Specific Legislation and on the Clagary Model:
www.stopcanineprofiling.com

http://rainadvocacy.ca/calgar yModel.html
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Pepper, Jul 18 7:43 pm

Senior Dogs > do you believe in the rainbow bridge?

Taser

R.I.P.

Barked: Tue Jul 12, '11 8:09am PST 
Yes, I as a dog owner/handler, service dog handler, animal lover, believe in the rainbow bridge. AND, I believe several of my dog were sent to me by fate/divine guidance/destiny/etc...

No I am not religious, but I am spiritual.

Taser was one of those dogs. I saved him from death, and he saved me...cloud 9
[notify]
» There has since been 48 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Jul 22 9:39 am

Behavior & Training > How to deal with a dog that bolts out the door?

Taser

R.I.P.

Barked: Thu Apr 14, '11 8:23am PST 
First you can train your dog to sit and wait before entering and exiting any door, and that YOU enter and exit that door first.

Also for the bolting in the current time while working on the above leave a leash minumum 6' on your dog at all times. This is your control. If he tries to sneak out past you, step on the leash. Much easier than trying to grab a moving dog. If he is really fast use a 10' leash or a 6' and 4' attached together. Life will be more pleasant. You can also train in the house that he sits and allows you to cross any doorway first, bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen, etc... Every doorway counts... even the car... he sits, waits, and goes in or out on command you choose. And buy your dog a seatbelt... They save Dog's lives too.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Joey, Apr 14 10:32 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Beach with Service Dog- Can the vest come off?
Taser

R.I.P.

Barked: Wed Apr 13, '11 4:03pm PST 
Samson, here in Ontario Canada our SD's are required to be harnessed or vested (identified as an SD). You may want to think about making yourself a flag out of heavy cotten that can attach to a nylon walking harness or Samson's collar.

A heavy cotton can be embroidered very cheaply with "Service Dog" and can be purchased at a fabric store quite reasonably. Mine is about 6" long and 4"wide. A simple hem with a large tab to fold around the harness or collar with velcro on the back. That's all there is too it. Sampson will not have to wear the heavier vest and will still be able to swim and can be easily identified by beach employees. way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Mattie, Jul 20 3:40 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Where's the law?

Taser

R.I.P.

Barked: Wed Apr 13, '11 3:56pm PST 
Juniper, have you tried looking under your state human rights legislation. You might find something there that pertains to faking a disability.

As a Canadian in Ontario our legislation is all over the place and you need to check everywhere and ALL Acts for possible legislation, and this would be one area I would definetly look into here in Canada.wave
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Taser, Apr 13 3:56 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Ontario's Hershey's Law?

Taser

R.I.P.

Barked: Mon Mar 21, '11 3:38pm PST 
Still waiting for second reading... here are links wave

http://www.stopcanineprofiling.com/

http://www.ontla.on.ca /web/bills/bills_detail.do?locale=en&Intranet=&BillID=2342
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Zack, Mar 22 10:08 am

Taser

R.I.P.

Barked: Mon Mar 21, '11 3:30pm PST 
Hershey's Law is a private members bill in Ontario Parliament to BAN the BSL.

I have just not heard any updates whether it passed 2nd reading and have not had the time to do a search. Guess I'll have to find the time.

And I suppose it's actually Hershey's Bill not Hershey's Law, sorry for the typing error.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Zack, Mar 22 10:08 am

Taser

R.I.P.

Barked: Mon Mar 21, '11 10:11am PST 
Does any one have an update...?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Zack, Mar 22 10:08 am

(Page 1 of 94: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.