Postings by Baxter

GO!

(Page 1 of 25: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > Toxic Dog Treats from China
Baxter

Leaving a wake- of smiles

Barked: Sun May 6, '12 10:43am PST 
I remember having a not-so-helpful email exchange with Dogswell years ago about their use of Chinese sources.

If it's made in China, we don't buy it for Baxter.
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by , Feb 26 12:12 am

Food & Nutrition > 5 Month Old Puppy is ALWAYS Hungry
Baxter

Barked: Sun May 6, '12 9:53am PST 
My dog is extremely food motivated. If we let him, he'd eat all day long.

The nice thing about this is that he'll learn new tricks and comments in a snap if there's a treat involved.

Are you sure he needs the extra feedings? You don't want him to learn that going to his bowl and looking pathetic gets the bowl filled. You don't want to overfeed the little guy.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Baxter, May 6 9:53 am

Food & Nutrition > Switching foods due to recalls.

Baxter

Barked: Sun May 6, '12 9:46am PST 
We just went and got some Blue Wilderness since the almost new TOTW bag we were on is part of the recall.

I'm ticked that this hasn't hit the news in a big way. I found out on a music message board (I clearly need to spend more time on Dogster!!!).

I think we'll stick with Blue Wilderness, Nature's Variety Instinct (though a recent bag of chicken coincided with Baxter getting sick), and Orijen or Arcana if we can find them.
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by , May 25 3:48 pm

Food & Nutrition > So Taste of the Wild has been realled...?

Baxter

Barked: Sun May 6, '12 9:42am PST 
There's a website that tells you what to do: http://diamondpetrecall.com/

Wellness has a notice up on their website, too.
[notify]
» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, May 9 6:11 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Any advice on SD in dorms?

Baxter

Barked: Fri Aug 13, '10 8:04am PST 
There were two guys with service dogs at my college when I was in school and word spread VERY quickly that no one could pet the dogs when they were working.

By the way, both guys were extremely popular and I have to imagine that part of it was because of the dogs. The dogs were great ice breakers, even if they couldn't be pet.

Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Baxter, Aug 13 8:04 am

Food & Nutrition > Seeing Royal Canin breed specific ads now...
Baxter

Barked: Wed Jun 2, '10 6:02am PST 
I think you're right, Bailey. We all want to think that our dog/breed is "special" and this food plays right into it.
[notify]
» There has since been 26 posts. Last posting by , Jun 6 8:14 am

Food & Nutrition > Seeing Royal Canin breed specific ads now...

Baxter

Barked: Tue Jun 1, '10 7:41pm PST 
A newspaper article about Georgetown University's bulldog mascot said that he ONLY eats Royal Canin because it is made especially for his breed.

You'd think people who are educated would see through that silliness.
[notify]
» There has since been 32 posts. Last posting by , Jun 6 8:14 am

Dogs & Travel > Kimpton Hotels +++++

Baxter

Barked: Tue Jun 1, '10 9:47am PST 
This thread is quite old, but I just wanted to add that since it was started, Kimpton has expanded quite a bit. I can find a Kimpton in almost every major city where I travel now and Baxter had been welcomed with open arms at each one where we have stayed.

We have been so, so impressed with these hotels. They are wonderful and they also seem to employ animal lovers. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Baxter, Jun 1 9:47 am

Golden Retriever > How big is YOUR adult Golden Retriever?

Baxter

Barked: Tue Jun 1, '10 9:22am PST 
My golden hit 55 lbs at about a year old and he has stayed around that weight for two years now. I usually buy large collars and have a large car harness for him.

Do you know how big his parents were? Baxter's father is the same size as he is and his mother was only slightly larger, so I don't anticipate him getting any bigger. If you know the parents were huge, you might want to go a size up.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Sonny, Dec 27 3:32 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > I need to find a harder chew that my dog likes...
Baxter

Barked: Tue Jun 1, '10 9:19am PST 
FREEZE the kong! It takes Baxter a good 20-30 minutes to get through a frozen kong. We put canned 100% protein dog food in them (Wellness CORE, Natures Variety, BF, etc.). I sometimes mix a few treats or kibbles in there, too. It works pretty well!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Buckeye , Jun 3 8:49 am

(Page 1 of 25: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.