Postings by Canela, PAWS

GO!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Were You a Rescue Dog? Post your storys!
Canela, PAWS

I can't help it!- I'm gorgeous!

Barked: Fri Jul 18, '08 10:49am PST 
I was rescued on July 14, 2000 in Paramount, CA. At that time, Mommy was an assistant prinicpal of a large urban school that was year round. The custodian found me wandering on campus. He locked me up in the boiler room. He got Mommy because she's always rescuing. She was shocked to find a pure bred Pekingese in an area where Pit Bulls and Rotts are the norm. I looked like I had been on the streets for awhile. Despite signs, etc., no one ever claimed me. I've been living with Mommy and Daddy ever since. Mommy's theory is that I was dognapped and somehow I got away. Daddy's theory is that I belonged to an elderly person who died. The person's relatives dumped me on the streets rather than take me to a shelter. Either way, I'm not telling! wink
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Cashmere , Jul 30 3:51 pm

Puppy Place > I am getting spayed Friday and I need a hug
Canela, PAWS

Barked: Wed Jul 2, '08 11:02am PST 
hug Mia hug You're going to be fine! Hang in there!
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by Abby NPC ~ CGC, TDI, Jul 7 6:54 am

Puppy Place > How big am I gonna get?

Canela, PAWS

Barked: Tue May 6, '08 6:54pm PST 
Your baby is beautiful and charming to match! I doubt he will be over 150lbs! I would say more in the ballpark of 75-100lbs, if that! From his looks, I think he will take after his German Shepherd roots to some extent. I wouldn't worry about having a dog the size of a pony.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , May 8 6:50 pm

Dog Health > People eating dogs..

Canela, PAWS

Barked: Fri Apr 25, '08 3:14pm PST 
A couple of years ago, Mommy saw a documentary on the efforts of animal groups to help China move from eating dogs to keeping them as pets. One of the interesting segments was when an animal group brought puppies to an old folks' home. The old folks were truly uncomfortable and disgusted holding the puppies. Eating dogs is such an ingrained habit in China. It will be tough to get people to change their minds. Of three of us pups at home, I was considered a delicacy in China. No one in China or Japan would dare eat the royal dogs -- Pekingese and Chin!
[notify]
» There has since been 33 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Apr 29 2:58 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Lets start something fun..

Canela, PAWS

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '08 8:12am PST 
Did you know a Pekingese can pop his eye out? True! shock And we're absolutely gorgeous! wink
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sir Wimbley!, Feb 10 8:41 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > Another death because of ignorance
Canela, PAWS

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '08 4:42pm PST 
Mommy has gotten in touch with the family. She's getting names and addresses of the county officials. Apparently, the murderer worked for the county. If you're interested in joining the Justice for Saxony letter/email campaign, pawmail us! If humans can't bring justice for this pup, then we pups will!
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by In Loving Memory of Argos , Feb 16 11:55 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > She was shot because of her breed. R.I.P Saxony 2000-2007

Canela, PAWS

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '08 4:35pm PST 
My mommy has been pawmailing Saxony's mom. My mommy is going to get the addresses/emails of city officials. As soon as she does, she'll post them on Dogster. Apparently, the guy who killed Saxony worked for the county. What does that tell you!
[notify]
» There has since been 32 posts. Last posting by , Feb 21 2:52 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Puppy Bowl

Canela, PAWS

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '08 3:06pm PST 
We watched it too. Abigail is sooo cute!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Yukiko, Feb 5 2:54 pm

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > how many dogs here with your name?

Canela, PAWS

Barked: Sat Feb 2, '08 8:08am PST 
There are only 22 Canelas here! dancing I have a feeling I'm the only boy, though! red face
[notify]
» There has since been 96 posts. Last posting by Shasta, Apr 8 10:58 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > I have no idea of what to do.
Canela, PAWS

Barked: Sat Feb 2, '08 7:51am PST 
I'd get the press involved. There's nothing worse than bad PR for the ex, the city, etc. And, if you got puppy from a rescue group, let them know what's going on. Remember Ellen?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Josie, Feb 4 5:51 am

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.