Postings by Moxie - my precious angel - 1

GO!

(Page 1 of 33: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > Aggressive foster dog
Moxie - my precious- angel - 1

I'll do it! Let- me!

Barked: Tue Jun 17, '14 9:52am PST 
Thank you Kali and Fritz. She is doing much better now. Lots of walks, not being allowed on the couch, and working on sit, stay seem to have made a huge difference. The girl who owns her says she has had a lot of disruptions and stress in her life lately, and that the other fosters have had problems with her being aggressive but she has never nipped or bitten. My son and I have been pretty consistent with her in making her sit before treats or petting. I feel really bad for her. She is a sensitive dog and they have been bounced around quite a bit lately. I do have experience with shepherds but having a hound in the house is new experience for me! Thank you again for the answers!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Moxie - my precious angel - 1, Jun 17 9:52 am

I'll do it! Let- me!

Barked: Fri Jun 13, '14 8:39am PST 
I've only had the dog three days at this point. Yesterday she was pretty good but I think if I don't find a way to fix this it will be an ongoing problem. It sounds like the other two people she did this with handled it by being very aggressive with her and I don't think that is the answer.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Moxie - my precious angel - 1, Jun 17 9:52 am

I'll do it! Let- me!

Barked: Fri Jun 13, '14 8:27am PST 
Hi, I am fostering a dog for a friend. The first day the dog was at my house my 20 year old son was petting her on the floor, and when he quit she began to growl. Later in the day she was on the couch and the same thing happened. The third time she growled at him I was there and told her no, and grabbed a leash to put on her and get her off the couch. She turned "Cujo" on me barking and snarling. She looks to be coon hound shepherd mix, about 50 pounds and she is 9 years old. First I covered the couches with stuff so she can no longer go on them. I have been making her sit before she gets anything, food, petting, anything. I also now feed her last and make her wait till last to go outside. I take her for walks, but I will have my son start to do so as well. I found out later from my friend (who originally told me the dog never acted like this before), that the dog has been in few friends homes since her divorce and the dog has been acting like this for others. She says they yell at her and yank her off the couch by noosing a leash around her neck. I think that may have made the issue worse. I am worried this dog could be a danger to my son when he is home alone with her. (And to myself - but I brought her home). When I have been making the dog sit she sometimes barks at me while she is listening. My questions are:
If my son and I work on the NILF and leash training, as well as keeping her off the couch could this resolve the issue?
How do I get her to show respect by not barking at me while I am training her? She does what I tell her but barks angrily the entire time.
I would really appreciate any advice!!! Thank you.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Moxie - my precious angel - 1, Jun 17 9:52 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > My horse died :(

I'll do it! Let- me!

Barked: Wed Feb 5, '14 2:01pm PST 
I'm sorry to hear about your horse. I've been through that and it sucks. I lost a horse to kidney failure and it is heartbreaking. Hugs to you.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by ♠ Deuce ♥, Mar 1 10:33 am

German Shepherd > Moxie went to the rainbow bridge

I'll do it! Let- me!

Barked: Wed Jan 22, '14 1:23pm PST 
I'm sorry to hear about Sabi and Kira. hug I'm glad you like the shelter story. I took that off another dogster page quite a while ago because I thought it was good. If I decide to get another shepherd someday I will adopt another shelter dog. There is something so special about them.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Moxie - my precious angel - 1, Jan 22 1:23 pm

German Shepherd > Moxie went to the rainbow bridge

I'll do it! Let- me!

Barked: Mon Jan 13, '14 2:37pm PST 
I don't know if anyone on here remembers us but my Moxie went to the bridge on Jan. 9. She had hemangiosarcoma.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Moxie - my precious angel - 1, Jan 22 1:23 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Moxie is at the bridge now

I'll do it! Let- me!

Barked: Mon Jan 13, '14 6:34am PST 
It went way too fast. She was fine and then she wasn't. I miss her so much. Thank you for the kind words.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Bismarck - *1989 - 2002*, Jan 14 7:42 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Moxie is at the bridge now

I'll do it! Let- me!

Barked: Fri Jan 10, '14 8:19am PST 
My beautiful Moxie went to the rainbow bridge yesterday. She was fine a week ago and then this week she became lethargic. Brought her to the vet and she was anemic. At the third appointment they did exploratory surgery and removed 1 1/2 gallons of blood and her spleen - which had a tumor on it which had ruptured. The vet thought he could save her till he looked under the spleen and my Moxie was full of cancer. I will miss my baby Moxie forever. Moxie, you were the best dog ever. I love you.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Bismarck - *1989 - 2002*, Jan 14 7:42 pm

German Shepherd > What do you feed your GSD?

I'll do it! Let- me!

Barked: Thu Oct 24, '13 9:37am PST 
Moxie seems to have lots of food allergies but is doing well on Earthborne Holistics - the fish flavored one.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Nov 25 3:42 am

German Shepherd > Extremely Itchy German Shepard puppy! Bella

I'll do it! Let- me!

Barked: Wed Oct 2, '13 1:44pm PST 
My Moxie was very itchy. It turned out she has all sorts of food allergies. We have to feed her a grain free, but not only that - the only meat protein she does well on is fish so she gets Earthborn Holistics Fish. Taste of the Wild Salmon also worked well for her. I wish you the best of luck in figuring out what is causing Bella's problems!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Moxie - my precious angel - 1, Oct 2 1:44 pm

(Page 1 of 33: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.