Postings by "Z"

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Behavior & Training > Petsmart Training
"Z"

Hounds are hugs- with fur.

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '08 3:08am PST 
DITTO: it depends largely on the trainer you get but the course is designed on Petsmart's theory so each class will be closely the same. If you start and do not feel that the classes are following the booklet that you are given with homework sheets then you can go to management and request another trainer on a different day. We had a wonderful experience with the puppy class and with an intermediate class geared to Rally-O.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Jovi, NPC, CEGE, Feb 28 8:12 pm

English Coonhound > I Love my Coonie.....
"Z"

Barked: Mon Feb 11, '08 1:26pm PST 
Hello Rowdy,
I passed my intermediate obedience class !!! yeah!! Now we are working on our Search and Rescue skills and completing our Dog Scout test. Sure hope we pass this!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Lacey, Mar 2 8:10 am

Dogs & Travel > does your owner take you along?

"Z"

Barked: Mon Feb 11, '08 1:24pm PST 
I get to go on all the trail riding/camping excursions, but mom is a substitute school teacher and dad is a miner so when they are at work, I stay at home...alone....well with my busy buddy toys. Camping is great and trail riding is the best! I get to smell, and run, and smell some more! You know about hounds and their noses right!?!?!
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Axel , Feb 24 11:44 pm

Sports & Agility > Dog Scouts of America

"Z"

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '08 4:07am PST 
Patrick I would really love to hear more about your community activities. You see, we are from a really rural area, where unfortunately dogs are seen as yard ornaments or tools only. My mom takes me for walks at the city park (no sign posted prohibiting dogs yet) and the runners/walkers are getting used to seeing me there. Mom also takes me trail riding and geocaching. Wow you should see the looks we get when they see a COONHOUND out enjoying the activities instead of chained up waiting for the next night hunt!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by "Z", Jan 14 4:07 am

"Z"

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '08 5:37am PST 
Check out their website: www.dogscouts.com and also www.dogscouts.org. I am not sure which one they will wind up using, but I understand they are in the process of changing from one to the other. Some downloads and PDF files are still not up and running from the change over but I was assured by email that the site would be fully functional soon. If you decided to do this, PM me and I will forward you the email that has all the PDFs for joining and completing the dog scout test.wave
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by "Z", Jan 14 4:07 am

"Z"

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '08 3:51am PST 
Thanks for your response. We do not have a local troop, but are considering joining the main organization at least for the pursuit of dog scout title. I hope it will give us something we can work toward, see a reward and still be able to avoid the competition. "Z" just does not give a hoot about competing. She likes the social atmosphere.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by "Z", Jan 14 4:07 am

"Z"

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '08 10:12am PST 
Would love to hear from any of you that participate in the DSA.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by "Z", Jan 14 4:07 am

Sports & Agility > ATV Riding? Camping?

"Z"

Barked: Thu Jan 10, '08 10:15am PST 
"Z" goes camping with us all the time. We do a lot of trail riding on horses, well I ride a mule-hubby rides the horse, and "Z" is always with us. She loves it. She learned to stay clear of the hooves and the equines learned to tolerate her relentless nose to the ground travel method. She does seem to enjoy it. At camp she stays close to the campfire and is patient to wait for her dinner after we eat. All in all, no matter what your day activity is, camping with your dog can not be beat!snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Feb 25 11:49 am

English Coonhound > I Love my Coonie.....

"Z"

Barked: Thu Jan 10, '08 5:34am PST 
What's up Sir Rowdy? How was your Christmas? Learn any new tricks lately?dancing
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Lacey, Mar 2 8:10 am

Behavior & Training > Gentle Leader Halti for Dog Reactive Dogs?
"Z"

Barked: Thu Jan 10, '08 5:25am PST 
I have never investigated a Halti head collar. The GL appears to be a snug fit but actually is not. It came with a DVD to watch that throughly explained the fitting process and why it was important that the collar was used properly. We have never had a problem with it and "Z" is not afraid of it. She does recognize that with it on, she is responsible for her behavior. Did the Halti come with a DVD on fitting? If not then I might question its effectiveness. My sister bought a Wonder Leader (price dictated purchase) for the same pulling problem and it was not near as effective as the GL. She will have to exchange it because she has bursitis in her shoulder and can not walk her dog with out the GL
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by "Z", Jan 10 5:25 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.