GO!

(Page 1 of 29: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Sports & Agility > What car do you have?
Monty - My Angel- June'09

The big beast :)

Barked: Fri May 13, '11 4:05pm PST 
I was talking to my boss at one of my jobs and she has a Toyota Rav4 and loves it! She had a Volvo, but the maintenance was just NUTS so she ended her lease and got a Rav4... I have 2 BIG crates...foldable.

My younger sister has a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee and I would LOVE a jeep, but can't afford it right now...plus gas is a beotch LOL

Hopefully when the sales happen at the end of the summer I will buy something...
[notify]
» There has since been 38 posts. Last posting by , Jun 10 9:16 am

Choosing the Right Dog > College Student

Barked: Fri Apr 29, '11 8:12pm PST 
FYI
smile
I had Monty in Univerisity...2nd year - 4th year and up until a week prior to graduation.
He was my rock, my best friend and my support system through my university career which was not pleasant...

I understand how you are feeling and if you think you can handle having your buddy with you...do it smile
My mom thought I was crazy and not going to be able to keep my marks up and stay in my program. My landlord even said that I couldn't have a dog...and my explaination was too bad so sad...our tenants act here in ontario says that even if it says no pets on the lease, they can't kick you out if you have a pet....once I poitned that out to her she shut up.

I think if you want her with you and think you can do it smile DO IT smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 29 8:12 pm

Food & Nutrition > Operation Vet Interrogation

Barked: Sun Jul 4, '10 6:59am PST 
Thanks for bringing up that point Addie & Leah

I work as a reception/vet assistant at a clinic in Toronto and I find a lot of times people just think I know nothing...which honestly is very frustrating. I have been working in vet clinics for almost 10 years. I always take a message and try to find answers and in some cases force the Dr on duty to call the client back if I don't know the answer.

Working at the front desk I get a lot of nutrition questions. I tell people that in all honesty, if your pet is doing well on a certain diet (what ever brand it may be) than stick with it.

We have a vet that swears by Medical and Hills prescription diets, but once the Dr is out of the room and the client asks me...I give them my personal opinion...This vet told me to use Gastro diet at one point...my dog continued to have diahrea on it...

Every animal is different and the receptionist will try and answer your questions and if I can't I follow through with the Dr, it is then in the Dr's hands to contact the client.

We do have vets that support Fromm, Wellness and other great diets.

smile
Sorry you had such a hard time with your vet
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jul 4 12:53 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > It has been a year...feels like yesterday :(

Barked: Wed Jun 2, '10 12:15pm PST 
Thanks so much for your kind words

Here are the lyrics to Baby Blue...

Confess your kiss
Still knocks me off my legs
First time I saw you,
Was like a punch right through my chest
I will forever
'Cause you'll forever be
My one true broken heart
Pieces inside of me
And you forever my baby

You will rest your head
Your strength wants saving
And when you wake
You will fly away
Holding tight to the legs
Of all your angels
Goodbye My love
Into your blue blue eyes in
Your blue blue world
You're my baby blue

Confess I'm not quite
Ready to be left
Still I know I
Gave my level best
You give, you give
To this I can attest
You made me
You made me
You and me forever baby

You will rest your head
Your strength wants saving
And when you wake
You will fly away
Holding tight to the legs
Of all your angels
Goodbye my love
Into your blue blue eyes
In your blue blue world

You and me forever...
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jul 6 9:00 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > It has been a year...feels like yesterday :(

Barked: Wed Jun 2, '10 6:27am PST 
So nice of you Alice, Thank you so much.

I went to a concert last night and they played that Baby Blue song...I started crying frown Monty sent that message to me to tell me he loves me forever and is thinking of me as well smile
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Jul 6 9:00 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > We lost Bonnie today

Barked: Tue Jun 1, '10 11:45am PST 
I am so sorry to hear of your loss...It is so very hard to lose a loved one.
Know that Bonnie is waiting for you on the other side hug
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by , Jun 11 7:54 pm

Barked: Tue Jun 1, '10 11:37am PST 
Hey everyone,
June 1, 2009 was the last day I had with Monty. He had suffered a stroke and progressing over 3 days lost all feeling in his left side. He was unable to stand, move, urinate, or have bowel movements. I could tell the life in him was gone and he wanted to be feeling no pain. I had taken him to work with me and we did x-rays, but only found what we already knew...arthritis in all his joints.
I left work early and came home (we were in the midst of moving so I went to the new house where my family was painting) and sat on the kitchen floor with him feeding him chicken balls from the chinese food we ordered for dinner.
I remember taking him outside to pee and he would just fall over and start scream because he had no control over his legs on the left...he even tried biting me at one point when I went to help him up and bring him inside...I knew it was time and I couldn't let him suffer.
I spent the night of June 1st sleeping on my floor with him beside me...just hoping he would pass at home in my arms. Morning came and I waited for my mother and sisters to bring the car back so we could bring him in to work (vet clinic). As my sisters said their goodbyes he licked away their tears as if to reassure them everything would be ok...He knew...

I brought him to work (my mother waiting in the car outside) and sat with him as the vet confirmed it was a neurological issue and he took his last breathe...

He was my best friend in the entire world and I will never forget him. My first dog...a blue merle purebred Sheltie...who I gave almost 4 extra years of life after his previous owner wanted to euthanize him over a treatable parasite.

He was my rock...my best friend...my support all through university...and he did what he came to do which I believe was help me survive the rough times I had at university.

He will forever be missed.

I am thinking of going tomorrow June 2nd, the day he passed away, to get his name and 06/02/09 tattooed on my wrist so I will always have the memory of him near and I can tell people about his lovely attitude and how happy he was with everybody.

Always remembered
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Jul 6 9:00 am

Puppy Place > New Dog:Old Dog

Barked: Mon Apr 26, '10 7:43am PST 
Monty, my first dog, was brought into the vet clinic I work at to be put to sleep because they owners were fed up with all the money they had put into him (bladder stones, not eating, diarrhea and vomiting in the house, etc) so when he got a parasite and needed 2 weeks of medications they decided to put him to sleep!

He was 7 years old and I gave him almost 4 extra years of life before I had to put him to sleep after a stroke...

People need to understand that animals, whether it be a dog or a bunny, are a lifetime commitment! You can't just give up on them when they get boring, old, untrained, etc...it isn't fair...

Yes puppies are very cute, but A LOT more work than an older dog...I have learned that with now getting a puppy...
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Apr 26 3:46 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Hi everyone!

Barked: Tue Mar 16, '10 9:38pm PST 
Any news?!

I am so excited for you! Frenchies are such an awesome breed! Such hams ha ha
I would totally have one if their fur didn't make me itchy big laugh

Don't stress about getting another pup. When I had to say goodbye to Monty in June 2009...it wasn't until February that I got Quinlan and in between that I fostered a female Sheltie. Honestly, everyone is different...some people need another pet right away, others feel the need to wait.

When the right pup comes along, you will know it. There will be a connection or something that makes you think..."Thanks Sumo"

Keep us posted! I am so excited to hear about your future pup...whomever he/she is
dancing
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by , Mar 28 4:01 pm

Puppy Place > shiba inu.

Barked: Wed Mar 10, '10 9:56pm PST 
I think they are the cutest looking dogs, but need an experienced owner. I was thinking of one a couple years ago and someone came in to the vet clinic (I work at) with theirs and I was talking to the couple about him. They said to be very careful with them and although beautiful dogs, they are (as a previous poster explained) shedders, selective listeners, etc. This client raved about them but then told me not to get one...I still think the breed is a beautiful breed (and maybe I will get one eventually), just make sure your friend does their research smile

Good luck and keep us all posted...Shiba pups are adorable...well any pup is adorable ha ha blue dog
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Mar 15 9:48 am

(Page 1 of 29: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.