Close X

Postings by Gray Dawn Treader

GO!

(Page 1 of 260: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Treader has gone to the bridge
Gray Dawn- Treader

Don't Tread on- me

Barked: Tue Aug 16, '16 10:06am PST 
He'd been in end stage heart failure since June, so I knew this was coming...

It started with a scare this morning, he suddenly started crying, he was on the floor, he seemed really tired and weak. Took him to the vet, stayed with him. I didn't want him to feel scared. I'm glad I was home so he didn't have to be alone when he finally had something go horribly wrong. He sounded so scared when he fell overcry

I only wish I had been a better owner. I feel like there were a lot of times I fell short, especially as I got older and gained more interests and responsibilities and paid less attention to him.frown

I'm glad I could be there for him for today. I stayed with him, I didn't want him to feel scared and wonder what was happening.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Aug 18 2:16 pm

Dog Health > heart murmur & enlarged heart, meds?
Gray Dawn- Treader

Don't Tread on- me

Barked: Tue Aug 16, '16 8:52am PST 
He's gone.

I had just given him his medicine and the phone rang and when I picked up the phone he started crying and I started crying...it was chaos.
He was lying on the floor, breathing heavily, really tired, didn't want to get up. I asked him if he wanted to go for a ride, no reaction.

Took him to the vet, stayed with him. I don't feel guilty like I did with Cookie because I know it was the best thing for him. But I can't believe he's actually gone.
cry
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Aug 18 2:09 pm

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don't Tread on- me

Barked: Fri Jul 8, '16 9:02am PST 
I'm not entirely certain the PM system is working, but I sent you one.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Aug 18 2:09 pm

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don't Tread on- me

Barked: Wed Jul 6, '16 8:11am PST 
Well the forums are ending, so no more updates here I guess. I am over on Pupsters & Kitsters, and on the community facebook group.

Treader had a vet appointment yesterday, and he's doing well enough. He lost two pounds because he has to work harder to breathe, so I have to feed him more.
They were hoping to be able to lower the lasix dose, since it was already at the max, but they think lowering the dosage any would kill him.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Aug 18 2:09 pm

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don't Tread on- me

Barked: Mon Jul 4, '16 6:51am PST 
I think the diuretic is beginning to not work as well as it was. His stomach (which is distended without the diuretic) usually goes down more than it has been the past few days.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Aug 18 2:09 pm

Raw Food Diet > Would you let a sitter feed your dog kibble for four months?
Gray Dawn- Treader

Don't Tread on- me

Barked: Thu Jun 30, '16 11:57pm PST 
I had to leave my cat with an anti-raw friend once. I gave her canned food to feed him twice a day, and while she had dry food out constantly as a temporary thing I was told it wouldn't be a big deal. That said, my cat was fed partial raw, the other half of his diet being canned.

Aside, I don't know that I'd trust someone else to feed my pets raw unless they're familiar with it and I think they'll do a good job.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Gray Dawn Treader, Jun 30 11:57 pm

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don't Tread on- me

Barked: Wed Jun 29, '16 9:40pm PST 
Another question--the x-ray also revealed that Treader has kidney stones. The vet pointed those out to me when she was showing me how large his heart was and all the fluids in his abdominal cavity.
If Treader is going to stick around a while longer, will anything need to be done about that? I suppose that is a question for the vet...

There have been no symptoms related to that, and we wouldn't know about them at all without the x-ray.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Aug 18 2:09 pm

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don't Tread on- me

Barked: Wed Jun 29, '16 9:34pm PST 
This is making me realize how common these health problems are, though. I guess we were just lucky with Cookie--she was healthy all her life, only had minor, easily fixed stuff like UTIs or ear infections. (And incontinence, but that was manageable and related to old age...) When we had her put down it was because of old age only, her body was wearing out on her.

Treader here is only about 11, so I thought we'd have a few more years with him. He was diagnosed with his heart murmur about three years ago.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Aug 18 2:09 pm

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don't Tread on- me

Barked: Wed Jun 29, '16 6:52pm PST 
Yeah, I went on a little research spree after getting this final diagnosis. I wish I had before. And I wish it had been made clear to me how serious it was. IDK. I'm not blaming the old vet. They weren't bad (though they misdiagnosed my cat with kidney disease, but that's another story)--but this new vet explains things in terms I can understand.

Murphy--I'll PM you. And I'm sorry. frown

For the time being Treader is doing well enough and seems happy. What the vet had said the day I brought him in was that the Lasix might help him, but for how long is hard to say--could be days, could be weeks, or could be months if we're lucky.
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Aug 18 2:09 pm

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don't Tread on- me

Barked: Tue Jun 28, '16 7:51pm PST 
My cat may have heart disease, too. The vet confirmed he has a heart murmur. But I can't afford to get it checked out any further while I'm taking care of Treader.
I will when I can, though.

I wish the old vet had been more clear about things and explained them more when they told us Treader had a murmur and put him on medication. I mean, sure, they talked about heart enlargement and stuff, but I had no clue it was heart disease. They didn't use those words. This new vet actually explains stuff.

This time around with the cat, if he does have heart disease, I will be able to make better decisions since I know now.
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Aug 18 2:09 pm

(Page 1 of 260: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.