Postings by Grace

GO!

(Page 1 of 21: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Choosing the Right Dog > Thoughts on shelties?
Grace

Daddys- Princess

Barked: Tue Dec 10, '13 3:14am PST 
I am the 7th sheltie for my human.

and yes, we are not quiet....ever!!
and carefull socialization is very important when we are young, we can be shy.and when we get scared, we run.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Ace, Dec 29 2:43 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > The Shetland Sheepdog
Grace

Daddys- Princess

Barked: Thu Oct 31, '13 4:42pm PST 
7 shelties in my life. some from show lines, and some from working lines. 1 was a rescue from an abusive home.they all were very much into their people, and not so much into other people. very loving and loyal. very playful, and a lot tougher then the size would lead you to believe. smart, and fast learners. but could easily panic in large crowds or very noisy places. and, when panicked,they run.

grooming isnt a real big issue, shedding isnt bad if brushed weekly. my collie is much worse.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Grace, Oct 31 4:42 pm

Senior Dogs > making a decision

Grace

Daddys- Princess

Barked: Wed Oct 2, '13 4:45pm PST 
I had my first cleaning at age 8. no trouble at all
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Grace, Oct 2 4:45 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Breed selection via the internet...a VENT!!

Grace

Daddys- Princess

Barked: Sun Jun 2, '13 5:25pm PST 
firefly, I am the 7th sheltie my mom has owned, and granted she never had kids, but only 1 of her dogs really liked kids.

she has known some newfies, and even they have a breaking point, but one that touchy could be really scarey around ill mannered children
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Jun 4 12:56 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Small breed suggestions

Grace

Daddys- Princess

Barked: Thu Jan 24, '13 3:09pm PST 
thinking never heard of a quiet sheltie
shy yes. but quiet???? hummmmm

the very first sheltie I had I took out of a bad home. he was never beaten, but the humans fought, I mean like threw lamps at each other type fought. he was about a year old.
when my husband moved in with me, it took him 3 months to gain the trust of that dog. he would get up to go to the bathroom and apollo ran behind the couch.

how they are raised and bred should be a major concern, but given a good healthy start, they can be excelent and all most anything you would want them to do
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Princesse Lily CGN, Jan 26 11:27 am

Grace

Daddys- Princess

Barked: Mon Jan 21, '13 3:46pm PST 
I have had a tri, and a bi-blue.
and all diffrent shade of sables
[notify]
» There has since been 25 posts. Last posting by Princesse Lily CGN, Jan 26 11:27 am

Grace

Daddys- Princess

Barked: Mon Jan 21, '13 2:35pm PST 
shelties are a breed with 2 "types" the more show lines, the finer boned and silky hair. more working lines a little heavier and slightly shorted coated.

and please dont shave shelties! our hair is our pride!
[notify]
» There has since been 27 posts. Last posting by Princesse Lily CGN, Jan 26 11:27 am

Grace

Daddys- Princess

Barked: Mon Jan 21, '13 12:04pm PST 
shelties?? someone barking about shelties??
I am the 7th one my human has had. dont let the coat fool you, it is very easy to maintain. the fine hairs by the ears, as was already mentioned is the only really bad spot. we are surprisingly tough for our size. and come in a mulitude of colors.
we age fast, agile,turn on a dime. I love when the collie chases me and I make him crash into something. and I love taking naps with my peeps.

and we do love the sound of our own bark, and do it often.
[notify]
» There has since been 29 posts. Last posting by Princesse Lily CGN, Jan 26 11:27 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Giving up on Shelties for SD work?

Grace

Daddys- Princess

Barked: Mon Dec 3, '12 2:21am PST 
I have owned shelties most of my life, 7 to be exact
and have never thought they were a good breed for service work. you may fine a rare one that will, but over all as a breed, not so much
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Dec 4 9:54 am

Behavior & Training > Very barky dogs...
Grace

Daddys- Princess

Barked: Sat Sep 22, '12 10:31am PST 
shelties bark, thats what we do. a leaf falls, a squirrel farts,doesnt matter.
I am the 7th one my mom has owned.
good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Milton, Sep 23 9:52 am

(Page 1 of 21: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.